• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

We are in the main a pretty loyal bunch and I think pragmatism will come to the fore and he will feel the love!

No fudge that. Off to Valencia please.

I know he managed to play 20 minutes against Burnley and passed the ball 10 times without fudging up. But we need more than that.

He have Alli, Eriksen, Son,Lamela and N'Koudou for 2 positions in the 343. We have Edwards back fit and Georgiou too who could do a job there.
He have Dembele and Winks who Poch has also used in those positions.

We are not gonna be stuck without Sissoko.

We can't afford to take the gamble every time Poch subs him on.

Last edited:
No fudge that. Off to Valencia please.

I know he managed to play 20 minutes against Burnley and passed the ball 10 times without fudging up. But we need more than that.

He have Alli, Eriksen, Son,Lamela and N'Koudou for 2 positions in the 343. We have Edwards back fit and Georgiou too who could do a job there.
He have Dembele and Winks who Poch has also used in those positions.

We are not gonna be stuck without Sissoko.

We can't afford to take the gamble every time Poch subs him on.

Just wanted to clarify: do you want him sold?

We are in the main a pretty loyal bunch and I think pragmatism will come to the fore and he will feel the love!

You should have been with us last week when some arsehole who was sat a few rows behind us started foaming at the mouth screaming all shorts of brick at him when he came on.

You should have been with us last week when some ******** who was sat a few rows behind us started foaming at the mouth screaming all shorts of brick at him when he came on.

I can imagine, I don't get to games these days but I remember the Neanderthals all too well!
And I don't miss them one jot.

I think we'll keep him for the moment. If we were to get Barkley in January or sign another midfielder in the summer, then I think we'll move Sissoko on. He's actually been ok in his appearances this season and I thought he played well against Burnley. Until Lamela gets back fit and we sign an additional midfielder, then he's a player who can be useful to us for now.

Its not obvious to me that Sissoko adds much more than a youth player like Edwards would add, so if Valencia offer a decent price for a permanent deal, then I'd probably let him go and get busy on bringing in a replacement in Jan. Would obviously have been a much easier decision though had we signed another attacking MF or winger over the summer. I don't see much upside in loaning him though

Its not obvious to me that Sissoko adds much more than a youth player like Edwards would add, so if Valencia offer a decent price for a permanent deal, then I'd probably let him go and get busy on bringing in a replacement in Jan. Would obviously have been a much easier decision though had we signed another attacking MF or winger over the summer. I don't see much upside in loaning him though

I'd be surprised if he is going anywhere now. The Spanish window closes tonight and we haven't heard any more on this story.

Can everybody please erase their opinion of Sissoko, and form a new one starting from now.

Not much point. Unless he has some sort of footballing epiphany the resulting opinion will be the same.

He simpy isnt good enough. Good athlete, not a good footballer - most specifically for a team like us.

Someone like WBA who will sit back and play on the counter? I suspect he would look a lot less limited where his natural athletisism will shine more.

In a team like ours needing to play with intelligence, play in tight spaces, show awareness of team mates runs etc he is simply not good enough.

You mean reserve judgement on a player playing in his natural, preferred position? Nonsense, he's brick!

Bingo, there are some who will never admit he is nowhere near as bad as some of the insults they throw at him. He was good yesterday and yet hardly anyone has posted in here saying that since the game. So many fans hold the amount of his transfer fee against him ( probably the same ones who were always bitching about Soldado).

Yesterday was a big improvement from him yesterday...he has at least started to make the right decisions even if their implementation is still a bit lacking. If he can continue this revival and upwards trajectory then happy days!

Good performance from him. He seemed to be everywhere and played with a lot of energy and dynamism.

I also liked how he regularly got into goal threatening positions. Still needs to work on his finishing though.

I hope he keeps up the good work

Good performance from him. He seemed to be everywhere and played with a lot of energy and dynamism.

I also liked how he regularly got into goal threatening positions. Still needs to work on his finishing though.

I hope he keeps up the good work
Except on the ball!

I have to admit I don't hold high hopes for Sissoko as a Spurs player, but Poch must rate him somehow, and he'll always get my support while he plays (if I'm in the ground, that is, hah). He had an OK match against Everton, nothing to complain about really. Livelier than what he's been before. Easy to see that he prefers a central role. Hopefully his confidence will grow and he'll be useful for us this season. I hope our fans won't boo him while he plays for us - it's one thing to criticise a player on the web, a completely different thing to do it on the pitch (says Captain Obvious). Get in, Mouss, step it up! :)

Question, if he's so brick then why does Poch play him?

Answer, Poch believes in him more than you lot do. And I know who's judgement I trust.

Back