• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Indeed they shouldn't! Isn't it pathetically symbolic of many Spurs supporters that a model (admittedly limited) pro who has not had one bad word to say of the team and who sweated blood whenever called upon, gets two pages of snide remarks yet the lazy parasite who has siphoned off more wages in two years than Sissoko has since signing, and is refusing to play, gets barely a peep of umbrage....

There is an interesting dichotomy here, Winks another good example.

Sissoko has been a conundrum to me since day one.

I'd like to say there has been flashes of brilliance and spectacular goals, but we all know that would be a lie.
For a period he was a beast in the midfield. His physicality, work rate and -ethics were phenomenal at best, and very good at worst.

However, I've maintained that the fact that his name probably was one of the first to go on the team sheet the last few years signaled a very big problem for us, because of his limitations in ball handling, creativity and finishing.
That is not Sissokos fault, nor will I ever hold it against him.

He has done his job, it is time to move on. Best wishes, and all that, and welcome back to Hugo's testimonial i a few years time.

I'd like to say there has been flashes of brilliance and spectacular goals, but we all know that would be a lie.
For a period he was a hunk of burning love in the midfield. His physicality, work rate and -ethics were phenomenal at best, and very good at worst.

However, I've maintained that the fact that his name probably was one of the first to go on the team sheet the last few years signaled a very big problem for us, because of his limitations in ball handling, creativity and finishing.

He has done his job, it is time to move on. Best wishes, and all that, and welcome back to Hugo's testimonial i a few years time.
Not really a conundrum to me.

If there isn't already there should be a minimum level of technical ability needed to play as a central midfielder, attacking midfielder or wide player for us. That minimum level should be at a significantly higher level than what Sissoko offers.

Not at all good fault, he just wasn't a good fit. He kept working hard, he kept trying. He even had the understanding of his own limitations to mostly stay away from situations that would cause greater immediate risk on the ball. He was the best option available at times. Him being the best option available despite his limitations wasn't his fault either.

We just have to stop signing players that aren't at the required technical level, particularly for that kind of money on solid wages. No matter the work rate, athleticism, or wonderful character of a player.

Hopefully that's something Paratici is well on top of. Him and/or Nuno quickly identifying that he's a player at should sell is a good sign in that regard.

I would never have bought him and if he was foisted on me as a manager i would have seldom played.
But we had to play him, and when he did play he always tried his best and worked hard.
For all his limitations if other more talented players in our squad had shown the same levels of hard work and commitment we would probably have won a few trophies.
I won't be sorry to see him go but he goes witb my thanks and respect.

For a period he was a hunk of burning love in the midfield. His physicality, work rate and -ethics were phenomenal at best, and very good at worst.

he did score a flying volley once

He shouldn’t be lauded or thanked for providing effort.

Effort is the bare minimum for any player, particularly one receiving circa £165k into his bank account every month.

Those people not providing effort should be thrown out immediately.

Not really a conundrum to me.

If there isn't already there should be a minimum level of technical ability needed to play as a central midfielder, attacking midfielder or wide player for us. That minimum level should be at a significantly higher level than what Sissoko offers.

Not at all good fault, he just wasn't a good fit. He kept working hard, he kept trying. He even had the understanding of his own limitations to mostly stay away from situations that would cause greater immediate risk on the ball. He was the best option available at times. Him being the best option available despite his limitations wasn't his fault either.

We just have to stop signing players that aren't at the required technical level, particularly for that kind of money on solid wages. No matter the work rate, athleticism, or wonderful character of a player.

Hopefully that's something Paratici is well on top of. Him and/or Nuno quickly identifying that he's a player at should sell is a good sign in that regard.

Judging by our links to Traore I won't be holding my breath on that last part

I wish you lot would stop bumping this thread. I keep lighting all the candles on my cake and putting my party hat on and opening the champagne and then... nothing.

I feel the same about the rSol thread. Have my jelly and ice cream ready to go and it turns out the thread is only getting bumped because the treacherous clam has made another crazy claim about his own brilliance.

Someday I’ll actually have that jelly and ice cream.

Judging by our links to Traore I won't be holding my breath on that last part
Sure. If first touch, first touch under pressure, dribbling and close control doesn't count as technical ability.

Traore probably would make for an absolutely awful central midfielder, some of his shortcomings do mirror those of Sissoko. Unlike Sissoko though he can do useful things on the ball in other areas without having acres of space to run into.

Traore is the kind of player teams feel a need to double up on to contain. Sissoko is the kind of player teams can contain by letting him have the ball anywhere he isn't running into 30 yards of open space.

Sure. If first touch, first touch under pressure, dribbling and close control doesn't count as technical ability.

Traore probably would make for an absolutely awful central midfielder, some of his shortcomings do mirror those of Sissoko. Unlike Sissoko though he can do useful things on the ball in other areas without having acres of space to run into.

Traore is the kind of player teams feel a need to double up on to contain. Sissoko is the kind of player teams can contain by letting him have the ball anywhere he isn't running into 30 yards of open space.

Not seeing him as anything more than ok in those areas tbh - strength/pace on the ball aside he's not the required level afaic.

Smart teams will just zero mark him and win a goal kick.

Back