1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Sissoko

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Aug 2016.

1. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Paul Robinson

That's why I marked him as debatable. I have seen some good things from him and also some things that make me wonder where he fits in in a Jose team.

2. Finney Is Back

If we upgrade only those three players this summer then I think the chairman may have to set a new target of Europa qualification instead of CL qualification. I think we need 8 or 9 over this summer and next (and that's assuming that we don't lose any of our first team players in that period). I think we'd be better to try to get as much of that done as possible this summer (both so that there is less integration to do next summer and because fees are likely to be lower this summer considering the impact the pandemic has had on finances).

I didn't mention replacing Gio or Bergwijn or making a decision on Skipp, Sessegnon or Tanganga. All will be part of our squad next season. We'll see then which of them have enough about them to be a first team starter for a team with (I hope) ambitions of winning the big trophies.

Also how on earth can you say that it isn't realistic to talk about replacing/upgrading Vinicius? It is absolutely realistic and more than that completely necessary, he is only on loan for this season and therefore we need to make a decision on whether to sign him or somebody else instead. I gave some options for (likely cheaper) replacements in Moussa Marega from Porto (on a bosman) or Edoard from Celtic (1 year left on contract). Personally I think either of those two would likely be better use of perhaps scarce transfer funds than keeping Vinicius.

Of course if we miss out on Europa altogether then we can probably make do with a smaller squad not have to worry as much that some of our backups aren't great as the first choice players can then play most of the games.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2021
  3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

The Vinny things is a biggy.
    There is value to be had in other players a much much lower cost and that means money can be used elsewhere
    One way or another we need that player avilable whoever it is
    My friend who is a scout for villa and Norwich reckons we will promote both Scarlett and Etete instead of buying Vinny. I asked him if that was his guess work but he hasn’t come back to me yet (and obviously he isn’t a Spurs guy)

Finney Is Back likes this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Eidur Gudjohnsen

Mourinho playing a youth team promoted striker. Eh....those players will need to have immense self belief and maturity for Mourinho to give them meaningful minutes....

5. Bedfordspurs

Just saying what he told me
    It was a Facebook chat with him mainly about his health TBH as he is an older guy
    Wasn’t prompted

6. Finney Is Back

We are also genuinely after Kyle Joseph from Wigan.

7. Bedfordspurs

Yep
    Why not
    Young and potential

8. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

He is a GHod awful waste of space.

9. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Michael Carrick

He’s had a poor season, physical attributes seem to be on the wane which makes him surplus now I’m afraid.

10. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

We need to get rid along with Winks too
    Skipp coming back next year will cover one of the above waste of spaces though !!

11. harr1984

harr1984 Nick Barmby

I’m more annoyed with the player passing him the ball for the goal. Who thinks it’s a good idea to pass it to Sissoko facing his own goal on the edge of the box with an opposition player coming to close him down. Obviously it was a bad touch, but that wasn’t a surprise so why give him the opportunity to do that....

mjc23 likes this.
  12. AdamB

AdamB Chris Jones

Skipp in, Sissoko out. Generate a little £££ and save on wages
    Winks 5th choice for next season whilst White goes out on loan

LemonadeMoney and markysimmo like this.
  13. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

We have a winner !!!

14. Bishop

Bishop Eidur Gudjohnsen

When did he have a good season?

15. Mulletperm

Mulletperm Clint Dempsey

So.....I'm kinda surprised that nobody has posted in the Sissoko thread about how utterly dreadful he was in today's game.

I've defended the guy in the past. But today was awful.

16. Raziel

Raziel Paul Robinson

Same for Dele, same for Winks

Sissoko I actually think something physical is gone now (last injury?), he's been pretty poor for some time now.

17. Mulletperm

Mulletperm Clint Dempsey

I said in another thread how much he has regressed (under Mourinho, or since the Champions League final?). But the way he just stopped tracking his man for the second goal was just bizarre.

18. Baleforce

Baleforce Paul Miller

He’s had a few games this season where he looked off the pace, which is the one thing he could never be accused of even on a bad day.

He had a couple of strong cameos from the bench in the recent good run though imo.

I’d be surprised if it was age related yet, he’s only 31, maybe he’s carrying an injury?

19. Baleforce

Baleforce Paul Miller

It was bizarre, it’s like he was tracking somebody else as he was actually in front of the player the whole way so could have no
    idea where he was.

20. AdamB

AdamB Chris Jones

As were most of team! Not that I particularly like Sissoko mind you