• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

His poor ability on the ball is a major reason why we get pinned back so easily and despite being a tireless worker off of it his regular inclusion in the team has been one of the major reasons why we have regressed so badly over the last few years.

Not his fault the club haven't bought better players though and i appreciate his hard work. But our CM has killed us since Dembele and Wanyama broke

Squad player .. that's always he's ever been meant to be.

I want to expand on this. 3 years ago Eric Dier and Ben Davies were not first choice XI players, and now are First XI (Ben Davies has played several games when Reggie is fit enough, Dier our starting CB laughably).

Our regression is stark across the board, not just Sissoko. When other teams were making bit by bit improvements, Levy was dingdonging around. Our problem is 'squad players' from several years ago are now established first XI. not good enough for a team who's meant to be ambitious...

Sissoko gets far too much hate for me. He's a good squad player, does the hard yards and has been non-figuratively one of the main driving forces in several key games that led to victories. Offers far more to the squad than Winks for example who's simply accepted as being a homegrown talent, but doesn't really offer anything meaningful.

No he won't be great in the attacking third, but when you play with an offensive RB in Aurier he was non-figuratively integral in tonnes of games of supporting the defence and gaps that were created by that formation. People like to hate on him because it's easy.

I don't rate Winks either. Sissoko is not an easy target he's just a poor player. Sorry but I'm just not willing to accept mediocrity. If you want to, fine by you but please then don't complain about either the quality of the football we play or the results we get.

I don't rate Winks either. Sissoko is not an easy target he's just a poor player. Sorry but I'm just not willing to accept mediocrity. If you want to, fine by you but please then don't complain about either the quality of the football we play or the results we get.

You're not willing to accept mediocrity you might want to write a strongly worded letter to Daniel Levy then.

Sissoko has been a good player for us and the haters have always gone overboard about him since he first came here. Now no one thinks he is a top player ( because he is not) but he is not the worst player we have fielded either.

However i do think he is going to struggle to stay in the side as much as he has been doing over the last few years. Its time to move on.

You're not willing to accept mediocrity you might want to write a strongly worded letter to Daniel Levy then.
I have. [emoji1787]
Sissoko has been a good player for us and the haters have always gone overboard about him since he first came here. Now no one thinks he is a top player ( because he is not) but he is not the worst player we have fielded either.

However i do think he is going to struggle to stay in the side as much as he has been doing over the last few years. Its time to move on.
He's the worst player we regularly field right now.

I have. [emoji1787]He's the worst player we regularly field right now.
I'd much rather see Sissoko's name on the team sheet than Eric Dier's (or Sanchez's for that matter, although (thank GHod) he isn't a regular).

Sissoko is a reasonable squad player. The problem is that due to injuries/a defensive minded manager/lack of refreshing our first team he has become a starting player instead of a reserve player.

I have. [emoji1787]He's the worst player we regularly field right now.

Eric Dier is a CB who cannot turn, gets done for pace and actually isn't very good in the air, and leads to a gonad* drop leading to a goal on a frequent basis.

Bergwijn who i still think is decent and will contribute, has 0 goals all season, and i believe got his first assist just over a week ago when Ndombele scored that beauty.

Harry Winks does absolutely nothing.

Sissoko is far from our current worst player, but as i said, just gets highlighted more than others.

athleticism is important in athletics
Indeed, this is why he should try out for the France track & field team. Would suit his attributes better.
The point is he's a poor player. Why accept that, why be happy with that? I'm not and will not. You said yourself in another thread that our squad players are now starters and they are not of the required quality. There is no better example than Sissoko himself.
I'd much rather see Sissoko's name on the team sheet than Eric Dier's (or Sanchez's for that matter, although (thank GHod) he isn't a regular).

Sissoko is a reasonable squad player. The problem is that due to injuries/a defensive minded manager/lack of refreshing our first team he has become a starting player instead of a reserve player.
My take is that Sanchez and Dier can be having a 6 or 7 out 10 match and then do something stupid, Sissoko is only ever at a 2/10 at best.

At least they occasionally have some good aspects. Sissoko has none and for me his total inability to actually perform the role required of a central midfielder makes him by far the worst player who regularly starts. How can you have a CM who is afraid of the ball and refuses to receive from his defenders. It's bloody unacceptable.

Can't control the ball
Can't pass the ball
Hides from ball
Awful defensive awareness
Awful positioning
Completely reactive never proactive.

I've said it I feel a hundred times but if he played for any other team we would not look on enviously.

Sissoko has not been our worst player by any means, but I think it's symptomatic for our decline that he is being played to the extent he has. He certainly puts in the effort, but his lack of understanding and awareness of his own limitations is hurting. His weird and in no means useful pointing is a marker, he just points - every time - without a shred of intention whatsoever. I mean, come on. Put it this way, I don't want a question to which he is the answer. He can absolutely be a valuable player in a certain role, he's just not right for a team that aspires to be entertaining. Or good. It's not the player's fault though, he does what he can with his extremely limited skillset. Much the same way pyjamas can't be blamed for not being suitable for wedding and funerals and other important occations.

Last edited:
I think its a waste having him on the bench, he has done his best when he plays and unfortunately its not going to happen for him. I think i am right in saying that Skipp or winks (Who i think should also be gone) can occupy his position on the pitch, at the very least Winks keeps the ball and can defend to a degree, and hoping Skipp can come back next year and really put his stamp on the team.

Feel bad for Sissoko he seems like a lovely guy and definately should not always be the spacegoat for our failings. After all we all know that he has his limitations but tries his hardest, of which i would usually take over players that have more talent but fail to break a sweat.

I disagree that Winks can defend, we've seen time and time again that he doesn't track runners and they just waltz past him.

I disagree that Winks can defend, we've seen time and time again that he doesn't track runners and they just waltz past him.
And at least once this season we've seen him whiff at an easy clearance for it to fall to Manuel Lanzini...

Back