• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He does a job when we're defending, but it's like having one foot tied behind your back when we're attacking.
He isn't even good defensively. He's a facade, you see him running into our box to block off an attackers cross and you think he's doing good work when he's the one who has no reading of the game in the first place and can only react when the danger is very obvious.

Compare his defensive work to Hojberg's who you find making interceptions, fronting up to players and making tackles while facing their goal. Sissoko only ever tackles facing our goal. You need to think to yourself why is that?

Talking about his ability or total lack of ability on the ball has been done to death but suffice to say he is a key component on why we have to defend so much. We only have 9 outfield players.

He isn't even good defensively. He's a facade, you see him running into our box to block off an attackers cross and you think he's doing good work when he's the one who has no reading of the game in the first place and can only react when the danger is very obvious.

Compare his defensive work to Hojberg's who you find making interceptions, fronting up to players and making tackles while facing their goal. Sissoko only ever tackles facing our goal. You need to think to yourself why is that?

Talking about his ability or total lack of ability on the ball has been done to death but suffice to say he is a key component on why we have to defend so much. We only have 9 outfield players.
Worryingly I agree
He covers the space but it’s not better than what you would expect a decent player to do
Bit with the ball you have to second guess where it’s going
Him and Moura are awfully inept and it’s the ball

Worryingly I agree
He covers the space but it’s not better than what you would expect a decent player to do
Bit with the ball you have to second guess where it’s going
Him and Moura are awfully inept and it’s the ball
So I’m hopeful that from what the incomings were from the last window we will see further upgrades on the players whose lack of technical ability reduces our effectiveness with the possession we do have. Which covers those two and Sanchez before you even consider how he also struggles off the ball too.

So I’m hopeful that from what the incomings were from the last window we will see further upgrades on the players whose lack of technical ability reduces our effectiveness with the possession we do have. Which covers those two and Sanchez before you even consider how he also struggles off the ball too.
Every Spurs fan wants a PEH, Tanguy, Lo Celso midfield... you can then sub in sissoko when we’re well ahead and need a runner to block space
But that does need the defenders to keep switched on the whole game as their baby sitter isn’t there

Every Spurs fan wants a PEH, Tanguy, Lo Celso midfield... you can then sub in sissoko when we’re well ahead and need a runner to block space
But that does need the defenders to keep switched on the whole game as their baby sitter isn’t there
Compare him to McTominay (who is derided by some)... it’s quite scary when they play the same ish roles

He runs around a lot and is a machine physically
Offers nothing going forward at all, we need an upgrade

It kills me when he goes out on the right. Gets the ball and doesn't even want it or know what to do. Its not his fault, he's just not a wide player. We have about 12 wide forwards at the club, there should never be a need to put him out there. I hope Jose has some ideas for January, because its clear we have improved defensively but have a great deal of room for improvement when it comes to players who are good on the ball

It kills me when he goes out on the right. Gets the ball and doesn't even want it or know what to do. Its not his fault, he's just not a wide player. We have about 12 wide forwards at the club, there should never be a need to put him out there. I hope Jose has some ideas for January, because its clear we have improved defensively but have a great deal of room for improvement when it comes to players who are good on the ball
We don’t need good
We just need competent players who will look where there passing and hit their man with the ball

It is disheartening when we move the ball to the right and it seems like we are preparing an attack, and you see that it's Sissoko receiving the ball and the onus is on him to beat a man or whip a killer ball in

I just came here to say the same thing! It always seems to be Aurier or Sissoko given time out on the right.
Need to find a way that it's them playing the ball out to someone else out there.

Seeing Bale play it through to Sissoko seems the wrong way around.

Even that midfield is flawed

How long before Lo celso breaks down?

Will Dombele reach the hour mark?

Our options are sub par

Even that midfield is flawed

How long before Lo celso breaks down?

Will Dombele reach the hour mark?

Our options are sub par
Hence why we need to upgrade on sissoko
Someone who can tackle, pass and move
Rather than a player who can cover space, carry the ball and then repeat
I’d say it’s doable for not a huge amount of money

Hence why we need to upgrade on sissoko
Someone who can tackle, pass and move
Rather than a player who can cover space, carry the ball and then repeat
I’d say it’s doable for not a huge amount of money

Can you name some names, I can't think of any player, at any cost, capable to doing the same safety/cover job that Sissoko does?

Pace, strength, work rate and tactical discipline, they are the primary requirements of that role, and he is "world class" at all four.

I'd be for replacing him with a better passer too, but they'd have to be at least as strong at those four things, else we become weaker as a unit.

Can you name some names, I can't think of any player, at any cost, capable to doing the same safety/cover job that Sissoko does?

Pace, strength, work rate and tactical discipline, they are the primary requirements of that role, and he is "world class" at all four.

I'd be for replacing him with a better passer too, but they'd have to be at least as strong at those four things, else we become weaker as a unit.
It’s why he is a highly respected French international.
But I get it he’s not everybody’s cup of tea. But he is as strong as an ox and a tireless worker for us.

It’s why he is a highly respected French international.
But I get it he’s not everybody’s cup of tea. But he is as strong as an ox and a tireless worker for us.
But you said our midfield is porous
You can’t have it both ways mate

he is busy, he covers space
But most of the time he is so close to the defence we have a missing midfielder
He does start for France some times but thy shows the value their manager puts on water carriers. He doesn’t start DM though for them as that’s Kante
And international football isn’t as good as standard as the premier league I’m afraid

Those are only the primary requirements in a world where the role being described is one that fits Sissoko to a tee.

Tackling? Positioning? Passing? Close control? Vision? Decision making? Off the ball movement?

Look at the central midfielders that have done well for Mourinho in the past, how many of them have actually been outstanding for both pace and strength? How many of them have been as limited as Sissoko on the ball? A small handful and none respectively would be my guess.

Back