• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Ideally against teams playing for the point and with low block, we would use one of Sissoko/PEH, and possibly use both of Ndombele & Gio

- I'd be tempted to play Sissoko out of the two, as he has more pace (will likely be playing as cover for break) and we need to manage PEH (we know Sissoko can play lots of games)

Entertaining that the guy is now a locked in starter pretty much, journey of -> brick, keep him away from first 11 -> good squad option -> starter, but likely first position to upgrade -> starter

Can't question his attitude, application or meteorology ..

And converting from a wide player at Saudi Sportswashing Machine to an excellent DM this season too. I know people have described him as a DM for us before but this is the first season he has really been played like that.

I actually think he is an intelligent footballer, with great fitness and power and pace but lacks technical ability. Perfect for the role we need and dare I say it in this DM role he would be great at many big clubs.

I actually think he is an intelligent footballer, with great fitness and power and pace but lacks technical ability. Perfect for the role we need and dare I say it in this DM role he would be great at many big clubs.

He's adjusted his game, always was a monster athletically with a great engine who's main asset was breaking the line going forward (either wide or through the middle) albeit lacking an end product.

Gradually he has moved to high work rate midfielder who covers/breaks up in front of defence (originally FBs but now CBs).

Coaching has made him a much better player that the guy who left Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Good spot, maybe Mourinho was screaming at him from the bench but a smart decision either way.

View attachment 10203

Intriguing to see that Bergwijn, Kane and Son were all in a little triangle on the left side and then, as the break began, Bergwijn shot across to the right. It must be very difficult for defenders to deal with in a short space of time.

Intriguing to see that Bergwijn, Kane and Son were all in a little triangle on the left side and then, as the break began, Bergwijn shot across to the right. It must be very difficult for defenders to deal with in a short space of time.

Again think that was specific instructions on the counter, Bergwijn goes right, Son goes left. Also helps having attacking fullbacks like Reguilon to assist on the overload whilst PEH and Sissoko sit back and support the CBs if required.

Again think that was specific instructions on the counter, Bergwijn goes right, Son goes left. Also helps having attacking fullbacks like Reguilon to assist on the overload whilst PEH and Sissoko sit back and support the CBs if required.

Yes, you have Bergwijn and Reguilon pulling people wide, with Gio/Ndombele in the middle, and Kane & Son drfiting deep/wide or making runs. Nightmare to mark.

Good to see that more fans are begining to appreciate what he gives to our team, took a lot of unfair abuse when he first came but he has proved a lot wrong.

It helps that he's currently in the best form of his Spurs career and playing a different role to when he was getting most of his criticism (and playing alongside Hojbjerg helps)

It helps that he's currently in the best form of his Spurs career and playing a different role to when he was getting most of his criticism (and playing alongside Hojbjerg helps)
He is playing the same role as he did under Poch, it’s just that we now defend deeper and he has a competent partner beside him something we have lacked since Dembele and 16/17 Wanyama.

He is playing the same role as he did under Poch, it’s just that we now defend deeper and he has a competent partner beside him something we have lacked since Dembele and 16/17 Wanyama.

No he's not, Poch used him predominantly as a ball carrier to break lines whilst another player sat behind him. Mourinho previously used him as a more advanced player breaking up play. Since West Ham, he's been sitting with Hojbjerg.

The criticism stemmed from his unfortunate stints on the right wing though, it just took far too long to die down.

And don't need him to do anything with the ball - that's a very important factor too.

No he's not, Poch used him predominantly as a ball carrier to break lines whilst another player sat behind him. Mourinho previously used him as a more advanced player breaking up play. Since West Ham, he's been sitting with Hojbjerg.
Our tactics were different so he carried the ball from deep, which he was ok at. Hence people actually started to see his value. But he was still playing the position of a dm protecting the right hand side. It really makes me laugh to see people write, Sissoko is better, Aurier is better Alderweireld is better. No they are the same players but our defending is better because our tactics are set up to make it better.

Want to call out something on Sissoko after rewatching the Arsenal game for the 27th time. Might sound minor but it isn't, and shows why he derserves plaudits.

Before the second goal, a lot was made of Xhaka's role as Arsenal entered our box, watch the video you'll see him break forward and leaving Lo Celso, which allowed Aurier to find an unmarked Lo Celso and an open pitch. Keep watching that moment and as Spurs break, you will see Sissoko breaking forward as the rest of the team move forward.

Makes sense, whole team on counter, but then as he gets to the half way line, watch him almost stop. He doesn't crack on, he doesn't move forward. That's a marked difference from Xhaka.

And i want to call it out tactically, as you have someone in Xhaka who just has either no discipline or positional awareness, and Sissoko who clearly does. Not sure if this was instructed by Jose or Sissoko's own choice, but should be commended for not simply running and breaking and leaving a whole gap behind him as non-figuratively Xhaka did and cost them a goal.

May seem so trivial but it really isn't, and has been a major factor of why we are defending as a team successfully.
I certainly get your point on Sissoko but (and I don't want to defend the clam) Xhaka can slightly be excused as as he broke in support it's not often you expect your CM partner to be wandering off towards the touchline uninterested in playing any further part. Hence Lo Celso having the freedom of N17.

It probably stinks of a 100% lack of communication throughout that Goon team and staff to allow that to even happen.

He's adjusted his game, always was a monster athletically with a great engine who's main asset was breaking the line going forward (either wide or through the middle) albeit lacking an end product.

Gradually he has moved to high work rate midfielder who covers/breaks up in front of defence (originally FBs but now CBs).

Coaching has made him a much better player that the guy who left Saudi Sportswashing Machine
I think the final third nose bleed is one part of his game that will never be cured, but we just keep him away from those nose bleeds, there is much work to be done in all other areas of the pitch and we are quite clearly seeing Sissoko is willing to do it.

those three pics above also show bergjwin's decoy run across the defence. he's grafting. not sure if he's enjoying it but he's working hard to give space to kane and son.

Back