• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Don't want to be the virtue signalling guy shouting racist at everything but the above, it's just not humorous / witty enough in my opinion to justify playing around on a controversial subject, I'm offended on a comedic level rather than a race one... Just like Scara's quip about not being able to distinguish black players due to not having their names on the shirts atm it's a bit meh but obviously subjective, some people probably think that is hilarious.

Don't want to be the virtue signalling guy shouting racist at everything but the above, it's just not humorous / witty enough in my opinion to justify playing around on a controversial subject, I'm offended on a comedic level rather than a race one... Just like Scara's quip about not being able to distinguish black players due to not having their names on the shirts atm it's a bit meh but obviously subjective, some people probably think that is hilarious.
It’s an old “joke” which I’m surprised has resurfaced this week but NoLimits01 post reminded me of it appearing on my feed, so thought I’d put it out there...

It’s an old “joke” which I’m surprised has resurfaced this week but NoLimits01 post reminded me of it appearing on my feed, so thought I’d put it out there...

Are you trying to distance yourself from it by calling it a "joke'? You're surprised it has resurfaced but chose to post it on this thread? Not having a go or claiming to be a authority of woke-ness here but I don't understand your response..

Are you trying to distance yourself from it by calling it a "joke'? You're surprised it has resurfaced but chose to post it on this thread? Not having a go or claiming to be a authority of woke-ness here but I don't understand your response..

I didn’t find the Tweet particularly amusing when lots of people were sending it around back in February but as that was fresh in my mind it simply seemed an apt response to “the reach around” post yesterday.

See that it remains a pinned tweet from https://twitter.com/Dxnbissaka who claims to have come up with gag all those months ago and (after over 9K retweets) I’d assume Twitter would have sent him into exile alongside Hopkins if enough people had complained about it.

Could have posted in the Winks thread but Winks and Sissoko were awful tonight. Dreadful performance and didnt ever look like bossing the midfield

We need a DM badly and then get GLC in there too

Could have posted in the Winks thread but Winks and Sissoko were awful tonight. Dreadful performance and didnt ever look like bossing the midfield

We need a DM badly and then get GLC in there too
What is bossing the midfield?
we won the game, had more possession, more shots and I think more passes and never looked threatened
Maybe they just played in a lower gear because they could .

They sat in and didn't get moved around cheaply like they did with Sheffield UTD. Sissoko is still absolute garbage with the ball though, I think Dier didn't pass to him in a few tight situations because he knew it wouldn't go well. Sissoko gets in the side because we have no other physical players. If we got a DM destroyer in the Wanyama bracket then we'd likely barely see him.

What is bossing the midfield?
we won the game, had more possession, more shots and I think more passes and never looked threatened
Maybe they just played in a lower gear because they could .
They were bloody awful Everton were just worse. Anytime Everton actually decided to attack they straight in on the defence, they certainly weren't any good at shielding today nor of any use with the ball.

The important thing was he was not on the middle of the park. Get him away from the centre and he's not so awful. Still eminently replaceable but not so awful. It also improves Winks who plays competently when not paired with Sissoko.

Sissoko is a beast. Tierney was getting increasingly frustrated. His ability to run forward with the ball at speed is something to behold. He is even though he usually goes nowhere he'd still drag two or three players along with him.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Listening to podcast The Extra Inch they make a good point about Sissoko and Moura being "tackling, hard working wingers" whereas in the centre we had the more "passing oriented" duo of Winks and Lo Celso

So it was an interesting formation; most teams would have 2 tacklers in the middle and 2 skillful wingers, we kind of had the opposite.

Apparently Moura won 10 of 13 tackles which is way higher than a DM would normally achieve, so it is stellar for a wide man and indicates just how much Moura/Sissoko were designed to "defensively help" rather than necessarily play like wingers.

I thought the 442 worked pretty well and we got 5 golden chances to score, whereas against Everton/Bournemouth we seriously struggled to make chances. But that may have been down to them sitting back, as the Gooners loved to push forwards and expose their calamitous defenders to our strikers.

Back