• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Unconvinced by Sissoko in the DM role, though he has a lot of the attributes to play there he seems to lack the positioning and awareness that comes from experience. Pochettino and Mourinho in particular have seemed unwilling to play him there despite a lack of options.

Paired with Ndombele who will probably keep lacking in defensive output I think it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Dier has been inconsistent, but paired with either Winks or Ndombele it at least has the potential to work, and has worked at least reasonably well at times.

The problem for us as fans is that we have little to no idea about the fitness and sharpness of Winks and Ndombele from the outside. It could be that they're just not showing enough quality or fitness in training to make themselves better options for Mourinho.

There are no quick fixes, this will take some time.
The problem is that Dier isn't doing anything in this team. Dier was always a bit slow off the mark and slow to turn even when playing at his best, but was a Gazelle back then compared to his mobility now. There is no point in having him in the team as he isn't being positionally disciplined (we constantly seem to have acres of space in front of our defence for opponents to get on the ball) and it looks as though he can no longer run. Far more worrying than the numerical overloads that Chelsea were creating on the flanks was the number of times they were able to carry the ball through the centre unchallenged. Typically every time this happened you would see Dier casually jogging back (or perhaps that is as fast as he can run now?) about 5 yards behind play. I wouldn't have any issue in having a player as technically limited on the ball as Dier playing in the centre of our midfield if that player was actually good defensively. However Dier's defending now seems to be no better than his attacking contribution. It is pretty much like playing with 10 men at the moment. All I see Dier doing is taking the ball off of one of the centre halves and passing it back to them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Sissoko should be in this team either. I think that (in order of preference) any of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Eriksen or Winks should be playing the second central midfield role. It's just that I would jettison Dier and replace with Sissoko temporarily until we can sign a proper defensive minded midfielder.

One of the problems with Sissoko is that he vacates his midfield position too often, wether that is to cover for the RB or just wandering up field he cannot be trusted to stay and do the DM role.

The other problem is that unless he is running with the ball or has loads of time and space he often fails to find a forward pass.

Both of these mean that his CM partner needs to stay close to cover if he wanders off or receive a short pass, this then ties our midfield down.

Now this is not helped by partnering Dier but when Sissoko has either not played or played on the wing/RB we have seen improved performances from the midfield.

Sissoko is not the answer to our midfield.

The problem is that Dier isn't doing anything in this team. Dier was always a bit slow off the mark and slow to turn even when playing at his best, but was a Gazelle back then compared to his mobility now. There is no point in having him in the team as he isn't being positionally disciplined (we constantly seem to have acres of space in front of our defence for opponents to get on the ball) and it looks as though he can no longer run. Far more worrying than the numerical overloads that Chelsea were creating on the flanks was the number of times they were able to carry the ball through the centre unchallenged. Typically every time this happened you would see Dier casually jogging back (or perhaps that is as fast as he can run now?) about 5 yards behind play. I wouldn't have any issue in having a player as technically limited on the ball as Dier playing in the centre of our midfield if that player was actually good defensively. However Dier's defending now seems to be no better than his attacking contribution. It is pretty much like playing with 10 men at the moment. All I see Dier doing is taking the ball off of one of the centre halves and passing it back to them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Sissoko should be in this team either. I think that (in order of preference) any of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Eriksen or Winks should be playing the second central midfield role. It's just that I would jettison Dier and replace with Sissoko temporarily until we can sign a proper defensive minded midfielder.

And people think he should be our captain! I can’t wait for Ndombele to be up to speed and Aurier is out of the team. Be interesting to see how it is spun when/if Dier has a bad game when the players that are holding him back are out of the side.

One of the problems with Sissoko is that he vacates his midfield position too often, wether that is to cover for the RB or just wandering up field he cannot be trusted to stay and do the DM role.

The other problem is that unless he is running with the ball or has loads of time and space he often fails to find a forward pass.

Both of these mean that his CM partner needs to stay close to cover if he wanders off or receive a short pass, this then ties our midfield down.

Now this is not helped by partnering Dier but when Sissoko has either not played or played on the wing/RB we have seen improved performances from the midfield.

Sissoko is not the answer to our midfield.
Sissoko Isn’t a DM
He is a ball of energy and doesn’t stay static waiting for danger
The guy last year was outstanding for us in a set up that was kinda odd

Following a clinical assessment and scans, Moussa Sissoko has today (Tuesday) undergone surgery to the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

The France international sustained the injury in our fixture against Southampton, resulting in him missing our recent FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough.

Our medical staff will monitor Moussa’s recovery before he commences rehabilitation with a view to returning to training in early April.

Following a clinical assessment and scans, Moussa Sissoko has today (Tuesday) undergone surgery to the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

The France international sustained the injury in our fixture against Southampton, resulting in him missing our recent FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough.

Our medical staff will monitor Moussa’s recovery before he commences rehabilitation with a view to returning to training in early April.

At least it isn't a problem area for us.

Maybe it will force our arm in the transfer market.

That's bloody marvellous - they slipped that one in

I note they don’t specify a year...

The MCL. Fcukin' 'ell.

If you've experienced any issue with this ligament, you'll know how painful it is to begin kicking a ball again.

I’d go for Docoure myself
Made for this league and needs a step up
I agree that he looks an excellent player..... I just think there is a general problem in buying from PL teams now as they are all awash with cash as well as bricking it about getting relegated and falling off the money wagon. I also think that Soumare naturally plays a little deeper than Dacoure so would potentially make a better partner for Ndombele.

Back