• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Sissoko has by far the best pass completion % in the team yesterday, at 90% (apart from Ndombele, who wasn’t on the pitch long). Just a shame he doesn’t get on the ball more - 40 passes in total, compared to Eriksen’s 37 in just one half.

Sissoko has by far the best pass completion % in the team yesterday, at 90% (apart from Ndombele, who wasn’t on the pitch long). Just a shame he doesn’t get on the ball more - 40 passes in total, compared to Eriksen’s 37 in just one half.
He doesn't get on the ball much because he doesn't make himself available for passes quite a lot of the time. When he gets on the ball he mostly keeps it simple, that's fair.

I'm not sure we can afford having a central midfielder that doesn't want to receive the ball under pressure and do something useful with it in deeper positions. If we were rock solid defensively maybe we could. For now perhaps trying to be as solid as we can be in bigger games whilst trusting our front players to do damage is the best approach. It can't be for long though.

He doesn't get on the ball much because he doesn't make himself available for passes quite a lot of the time. When he gets on the ball he mostly keeps it simple, that's fair.

I'm not sure we can afford having a central midfielder that doesn't want to receive the ball under pressure and do something useful with it in deeper positions. If we were rock solid defensively maybe we could. For now perhaps trying to be as solid as we can be in bigger games whilst trusting our front players to do damage is the best approach. It can't be for long though.

Yeah agreed, that was the point I was also (poorly!) trying to make.

Though I do think his passing is getting better - it can be progressive at times, though admittedly he was starting from a very low bar!

Yeah agreed, that was the point I was also (poorly!) trying to make.

Though I do think his passing is getting better - it can be progressive at times, though admittedly he was starting from a very low bar!
I agree, he has improved significantly, along with his bursts of pace to get past players and defensive effort he's doing alright. The balance is all wrong though and with our problems at right back it's made to look even worse. I'd personally add having a centre back that's too poor on the ball makes it even worse, but that seems more controversial.

I agree, he has improved significantly, along with his bursts of pace to get past players and defensive effort he's doing alright. The balance is all wrong though and with our problems at right back it's made to look even worse. I'd personally add having a centre back that's too poor on the ball makes it even worse, but that seems more controversial.
We have 3 players down the right who cannot play football
Aurier... the Dianne Abbot of our team. Just gets the basics wrong consistently
Sanchez... defensively sound. Give him the ball and it’s like a grenade
Sissoko.. running man. Can’t pass but gets a pass as he runs all day. Sole objective is to make Aurier look less brick.
Teams soon will give us the ball on our right knowing we will rooster up near our goal with it

Sissokos passes were simple passes. He looked better second half when son was off he had more room to run with the ball

Until we can enter the market and buy a proper defensive minded midfielder I would pair Sissoko with NDombele at the base of midfield and ask Sissoko to generally be the deeper of the two. Sissoko is considerably better than Dier at everything and NDombele is considerably better than Sissoko at linking defence and attack so we would improve both midfield positions.

Until we can enter the market and buy a proper defensive minded midfielder I would pair Sissoko with NDombele at the base of midfield and ask Sissoko to generally be the deeper of the two. Sissoko is considerably better than Dier at everything and NDombele is considerably better than Sissoko at linking defence and attack so we would improve both midfield positions.
Unconvinced by Sissoko in the DM role, though he has a lot of the attributes to play there he seems to lack the positioning and awareness that comes from experience. Pochettino and Mourinho in particular have seemed unwilling to play him there despite a lack of options.

Paired with Ndombele who will probably keep lacking in defensive output I think it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Dier has been inconsistent, but paired with either Winks or Ndombele it at least has the potential to work, and has worked at least reasonably well at times.

The problem for us as fans is that we have little to no idea about the fitness and sharpness of Winks and Ndombele from the outside. It could be that they're just not showing enough quality or fitness in training to make themselves better options for Mourinho.

There are no quick fixes, this will take some time.

Sissoko paired with anyone leaves them impaired.

Dier and Sissoko doesnt work. Winks and Sissoko doesnt work. Dier and Winks works considerably better.

It seems to be the in thing to slate Dier right now, but nobody ever looks to the void playing beside him.

And if they do, its to try and justify the missing midfielder by saying he is covering Aurier all the time (he isnt).

Dier is far from his best, its undeniable, but he is still the better player of the two.

I do agree the best utilisation of Sissoko is as a pure DM (literally chain him in our half and keep him from running off), but even so - I dont see that as preferable to just dropping him in favour of a better player.

Sissoko paired with anyone leaves them impaired.

Dier and Sissoko doesnt work. Winks and Sissoko doesnt work. Dier and Winks works considerably better.

It seems to be the in thing to slate Dier right now, but nobody ever looks to the void playing beside him.

And if they do, its to try and justify the missing midfielder by saying he is covering Aurier all the time (he isnt).

Dier is far from his best, its undeniable, but he is still the better player of the two.

I do agree the best utilisation of Sissoko is as a pure DM (literally chain him in our half and keep him from running off), but even so - I dont see that as preferable to just dropping him in favour of a better player.

Mourinho has been pretty clear that he doesn't see Sissoko as a central midfielder. I think that he is only playing him there because of injuries. With everyone back, he'll be competing with Moura fór RWF.

Mourinho has been pretty clear that he doesn't see Sissoko as a central midfielder. I think that he is only playing him there because of injuries. With everyone back, he'll be competing with Moura fór RWF.

I dont think he is good enough for that either, but can see use of him playing there to close out games.

I do agree with Jose he isnt a CM, but I also question his persistence with playing him there at the minute. Are NDombele and Winks really so far from playing?

I dont think he is good enough for that either, but can see use of him playing there to close out games.

I do agree with Jose he isnt a CM, but I also question his persistence with playing him there at the minute. Are NDombele and Winks really so far from playing?

They both made the bench, so they must be there or thereabouts. If he was sticking with a winning team, that will surely see changes on Boxing Day.

They both made the bench, so they must be there or thereabouts. If he was sticking with a winning team, that will surely see changes on Boxing Day.

Well without Son, and with NDombele doing well - I wonder if he might go 433?

Push Alli wide, go Dier/Sissoko/Ndombele in the middle.

Midfield is clearly screaming for something more, so that would be my prediction for the changes.

Though personally Id just drop Sissoko and get NDombele playing, impossible to get up to speed without games...

Well without Son, and with NDombele doing well - I wonder if he might go 433?

Push Alli wide, go Dier/Sissoko/Ndombele in the middle.

Midfield is clearly screaming for something more, so that would be my prediction for the changes.

Though personally Id just drop Sissoko and get NDombele playing, impossible to get up to speed without games...

I think Son will play pending the appeal. I hope that we see Ndombele alongside Dier.

Back