• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Having him in the team is like playing with ten men. Even the commentators were close to laughing when he took a shot. He has very little composure and technical skill. He’s like an excitable kid. Runs around all day but can barely kick the ball properly.

I’m definitely in the Sissoko has improved corner but my GHod, for a non goalkeeper or defender he’s just appalling when it comes to shooting. He doesn’t even get them in target. Surely one of them has to go in at some point, law or averages and all that?

I’m definitely in the Sissoko has improved corner but my GHod, for a non goalkeeper or defender he’s just appalling when it comes to shooting. He doesn’t even get them in target. Surely one of them has to go in at some point, law or averages and all that?
Dunno how he managed 3 goals in his first 4 games at Barcodes but looks so utterly atrocious in front of goal for us :confused:

Love the guy, he smashes the defensive line of our opponent's turning the opposition round single-handedly at times!
Also very importantly he looks to have a brilliant attitude also never stops running ’for the team’!

Shooting a work in progress;)
And passing, and controlling the ball......

Until some of the others step up and attempt to get close to his work rate and effort, he is as close to undroppable as we have.
Over the past 18 months, he has broken up so much opposition play and started counters with his unselfish and tireless running (honourable mention to Danny R here also in this department).
He is the only player who close to 'being everywhere' we have.
Poch must love him....... until he gets it the opposition area that is, but still, I rate him highly and he comes over as a good lad (old school)

Until some of the others step up and attempt to get close to his work rate and effort, he is as close to undroppable as we have.
Over the past 18 months, he has broken up so much opposition play and started counters with his unselfish and tireless running (honourable mention to Danny R here also in this department).
He is the only player who close to 'being everywhere' we have.
Poch must love him....... until he gets it the opposition area that is, but still, I rate him highly and he comes over as a good lad (old school)
Sissoko vs the Goons:

1 Tackle
1 Interception
0 Clearances
1 Blocked shot

i think we'll cope without him.

The discussion was about his effort and defensive contribution. For that reason I thought it would be a little unfair to call him out on his awful attacking contribution.

Here's the rest of his stats:

Fouls: 3
Shots: 2
On target: 0
Key passes: 0
Dribbles: 1
Dispossessed: 2
Pass success rate: 76%

If there was any cherry picking it actually made his performance seem less bad than it really was.

Its not a coincidence that our performances started to drop when he became a regular starter, it just took another few months for results to catch up, Forest Gump as he was referred too on the last page sums him up perfectly, he just runs and runs and runs and runs but he can’t do anything else, the sooner he is out of the team the better, I won’t get my hopes up too far just yet in him leaving the club.

Why does this guy shoot? Every player, every pundit, every fan just says nooooooo as he hits it.

I can’t believe Kane passed to him in our last attack, just brainless

The thing is though that he's in the right position at the right time. I don't think any of them out there bank on him to score, but they have to trust that he will work the keeper. Maybe that's all that should be said to him; "hit it around the keeper and force a spillage".

The thing is though that he's in the right position at the right time. I don't think any of them out there bank on him to score, but they have to trust that he will work the keeper. Maybe that's all that should be said to him; "hit it around the keeper and force a spillage".
I suspect if we ask him to aim for the linesman he'll be more likely to get it near the goal

The only work the keeper has to do when Sissoko shoots is to walk over to the corner flag and retrieve the ball

Was watching the game with a gooner mate, Sissoko gets in that position - mate bricks himself - I didnt even skip a beat.

"dont worry, its Sissoko"

Ball is still on its way to the ISS...

It's exactly this for me, slagging aside. If the ball is played to Sissoko around the box, my heart sinks. I'd have a glimmer of hope with any other player in the squad (Hugo included) but if it's Sissoko, you 100% know it's gonna be a goal kick or throw in. That said, I thought he was one of our better players on Sunday.

I've also lost a bit of respect for you @nayimfromthehalfwayline...associating with Gooners???? Where's your pride man?

It's exactly this for me, slagging aside. If the ball is played to Sissoko around the box, my heart sinks. I'd have a glimmer of hope with any other player in the squad (Hugo included) but if it's Sissoko, you 400% know it's gonna be a goal kick or throw in. That said, I thought he was one of our better players on Sunday.

I've also lost a bit of respect for you @nayimfromthehalfwayline...associating with Gooners???? Where's your pride man?

LOL, its a quirk of my upbringing, basically my group of friends is split down the middle between Spurs and Arsenal.

Its not that my heart sank, its more that I didnt get excited, didnt anticipate anything other than him shanking it.

My mate was worried, and were it any other player in the team (as you say) Id have been up on my feet, but not with Sissoko.

Back