• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Cant understand why Poch played him in the position he failed for us during his first year. He should play besides Ndombele/Winks in the middle behind the offensive midfielder, that's the position he has worked in for us. Sure han can run past a few players in a more offensive position but his end product pass or finish is not good enough for such a position.

I just think the diamond doesn’t really work for us to dominate games or carve teams open on the regs unless it’s for a specific purpose to counter a particular opposition and close the space around their #6.

With Sissoko, it’s not an unreasonable position to put him in, it’s just also not a great system for creating chances or fluid football outside of the right situations.

He got an assist today, worked as hard as anyone else and although we should all expect the absolute worst if he ever has to take a shot, he played his part in getting us to a CL final. Let’s treat him with some respect this season. I beg you.

I just think the diamond doesn’t really work for us to dominate games or carve teams open on the regs unless it’s for a specific purpose to counter a particular opposition and close the space around their #6.

With Sissoko, it’s not an unreasonable position to put him in, it’s just also not a great system for creating chances or fluid football outside of the right situations.

He got an assist today, worked as hard as anyone else and although we should all expect the absolute worst if he ever has to take a shot, he played his part in getting us to a CL final. Let’s treat him with some respect this season. I beg you.

If you're 8 yards out and can't hit the corner flag, you're not a footballer.

That's the problem with the lad. He's honest, he's hardworking and he's a big powerful unit. But he can't shoot and he can't pick a pass. I'm okay with him in the squad but I can't handle another season of him in the first eleven.

That's the problem with the lad. He's honest, he's hardworking and he's a big powerful unit. But he can't shoot and he can't pick a pass. I'm okay with him in the squad but I can't handle another season of him in the first eleven.
Bloody hell it's the first game mate. Everyone was a bit brick today other than Rose and Eriksen when he came on. I lost count of the number of times I shouted at Lamela to have some conviction in his shooting. Moura should have done better with a clear header when he got between Villas two centre backs. Sissoko didn't play well today but was still ok and got an important assist.

Bloody hell it's the first game mate. Everyone was a bit brick today other than Rose and Eriksen when he came on. I lost count of the number of times I shouted at Lamela to have some conviction in his shooting. Moura should have done better with a clear header when he got between Villas two centre backs. Sissoko didn't play well today but was still ok and got an important assist.

He's not a footballer. You can see with Lamela he has a bit of a brain. Likewise Moura. Sissoko is just an athlete who plays football. He was played into numerous good positions and every single time, fudged it up bar the Kane assist. I give him credit for the assist even though the pass was fairly straightforward. But it was his athleticism that got him in that position. And that sums him up. Capable of powering past people and playing simple passes. But beyond that...

He serves a use. Squad player - fine. But he's never a starter in a million years for a top club.

He's not a footballer. You can see with Lamela he has a bit of a brain. Likewise Moura. Sissoko is just an athlete who plays football. He was played into numerous good positions and every single time, fudged it up bar the Kane assist. I give him credit for the assist even though the pass was fairly straightforward. But it was his athleticism that got him in that position. And that sums him up. Capable of powering past people and playing simple passes. But beyond that...

He serves a use. Squad player - fine. But he's never a starter in a million years for a top club.
We'll see but I bet Poch sees it differently.

He got an assist with a lovely pass, one more than lamela, Moura or Eriksen, combined.
It worth posting that just for scaras reaction.

I think ‘he’s not a footballer’ is Scara-level nonsense and tomorrow when the emotion of the game as subsided you’ll probably think differently. Dispassionately look at the amount of times Sissoko gets the ball in a tight area and has to control well and get it to a team mate - these are all unremarkable things to a fan but the things that would be shown up in ten seconds by someone that isn’t a pro.

He’s more than capable as a footballer. He’s just, for some ridiculous reason, absolutely terrible when it comes to shooting. But he wouldn’t be in the team at all under a coach like Poch if he didn’t more than make up for it in other ways.

I think ‘he’s not a footballer’ is Scara-level nonsense and tomorrow when the emotion of the game as subsided you’ll probably think differently. Dispassionately look at the amount of times Sissoko gets the ball in a tight area and has to control well and get it to a team mate - these are all unremarkable things to a fan but the things that would be shown up in ten seconds by someone that isn’t a pro.

He’s more than capable as a footballer. He’s just, for some ridiculous reason, absolutely terrible when it comes to shooting. But he wouldn’t be in the team at all under a coach like Poch if he didn’t more than make up for it in other ways.

It's not just his shooting though. It's his passing when he's asked to make anything other than a fairly basic pass. Three times in about 10 minutes in the first half, he was played in behind their defence and each time hit a Villa man. It happened second half a couple of times too. At one stage in the first half, he played a crossfield pass to Toby and put it 10 yards behind him.

Ask him to power past people and he can do it. Play a simple 5 yard pass and he can do it. Beyond that...you'd be better off with me and I'm an overweight, 40 year old who can trap the ball as far as I can kick it.

It's not just his shooting though. It's his passing when he's asked to make anything other than a fairly basic pass. Three times in about 10 minutes in the first half, he was played in behind their defence and each time hit a Villa man. It happened second half a couple of times too. At one stage in the first half, he played a crossfield pass to Toby and put it 10 yards behind him.

Ask him to power past people and he can do it. Play a simple 5 yard pass and he can do it. Beyond that...you'd be better off with me and I'm an overweight, 40 year old who can trap the ball as far as I can kick it.
That's not true. Often he bobbles the 5 yd passes at people's shins too.

Ah man, you're going to hell.

Tell me, have you ever seen someone you consider worse than Sissoko in a Spurs shirt?

Yet he was the only midfielder who finished the game, with all three others being subbed at some stage.

What an idiot of a coach we have; who cannot share the enlightenment of your all-pervasive omnipotent exalted football knowledge and continues to play this worst player ever to play in a Spurs shirt game in game out, from the first minute to the last.

Poch OUT!!!

Yet he was the only midfielder who finished the game, with all three others being subbed at some stage.

What an idiot of a coach we have; who cannot share the enlightenment of your all-pervasive omnipotent exalted football knowledge and continues to play this worst player ever to play in a Spurs shirt game in game out, from the first minute to the last.

Poch OUT!!!

Yeah coz that’s exactly what I said. He’s the worst spurs player ever from the first minute of every game to the last and Poch should be sacked. Jesus, that’s some load of straw being used in one post.

And him being left on the pitch for 90 mins is some argument to infer that he was the best of our midfielders.Winks was injured and it was Ndombele’s first game and he was pulled ashore with a couple of minutes to go. Behave yourself.

Sissoko's touches in the first 30 minutes

Sissoko-first-30.png

Sissoko's touches in the last 30 minutes

Sissoko-last-30.png

Those weren't touches. They were molestations.

If Rugby players earned more than Footballers he would not be playing this sport. He's be starting on the wing in the 6 nations for France.

Yeah coz that’s exactly what I said. He’s the worst spurs player ever from the first minute of every game to the last and Poch should be sacked. Jesus, that’s some load of straw being used in one post.

And him being left on the pitch for 90 mins is some argument to infer that he was the best of our midfielders.Winks was injured and it was Ndombele’s first game and he was pulled ashore with a couple of minutes to go. Behave yourself.

This is what the Sissoko slaters don't get... nobody says he is our best midfielder - by any stretch. Yet his presence is crucial for our performance. N'Dombele got major kudos for his goal but until then he was nowhere. The only midfielder putting in a shift during the first half was Sissoko, even though he was played out of position. Everyone is slating him for his shooting but the fact that he missed a sitter meant he got himself into a position to do so. Why didn't Lamela and Moura do likewise (actually the Brazilian did, and missed a worse sitter - but does that get mentioned)? Those two were a complete waste of space yesterday - hopelessly out of position, encroaching on Kane's space, providing no width and no incisiveness. Yet - they are given Get out of Jail cards, presumably because they are untouchables??

So, no... I won't behave! I have always loathed hypocrisy & double standards and will continue to call them out wherever I see them...

Back