• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Just wondering, with sissoko's strong running and battling attributes, can we transform him into rampaging wingback?
If true and we have signed ndombele, wether keeping eriksen (or sign los celso / fernandes) and keeping everyone fit (dier ,winks, lamela, alli, skipp, wanyama) we seem to be well covered in midfield.
Worried with the RB situation so far, aurier is not up to it, trippier is just ..... , cant see us chucking away 50m like manure for a right back!!!

Just wondering, with sissoko's strong running and battling attributes, can we transform him into rampaging wingback?
If true and we have signed ndombele, wether keeping eriksen (or sign los celso / fernandes) and keeping everyone fit (dier ,winks, lamela, alli, skipp, wanyama) we seem to be well covered in midfield.
Worried with the RB situation so far, aurier is not up to it, trippier is just ..... , cant see us chucking away 50m like manure for a right back!!!
Unfortunately one of the things Sissoko lacks is the ability to accurately kick cross a ball

Most of those awards are a popularity thing, hardly a cast iron clad statement of quality.

As far as Im concerned Sissoko is neither good enough or a right enough fit to play in our best team. If he stays in the squad he can prove valuable for closing games out and playing early cup games etc. IMO - he would probably prefer more than that, and we would probably prefer the £££ we could get for him now and giving those opportunities to a younger prospect.

I think it is fair to say that Sissoko was far from being a popular player amongst fans and pundits at the beginning of last season

Id sell Sissoko and replace him with NZonzi quite happily. We get a better, more experienced player and probably profit nicely to strengthen elsewhere as well.

I think the core of the team is pretty stable, maybe 3 new starters, and that'll be the key thing. Shouldnt be too disruptive.

Then any other buys have a little time to get up to speed, rotate in and out etc.

WHile there could be a lot of players coming and going, with a basically stable core team its much less disruptive than having a major overhaul ala Utd/Arsenal this season.
So you would sell one of our best performers from last season who is already well integrated in the team to bring in an older player who will take perhaps a whole season to get used to the PL again and integrate with Poch's methods? And all that to make maybe 10-15m out of the whole thing?

Makes perfect sense to me. o_O

So you would sell one of our best performers from last season who is already well integrated in the team to bring in an older player who will take perhaps a whole season to get used to the PL again and integrate with Poch's methods? And all that to make maybe 10-15m out of the whole thing?

Remember that Nayim’s opinion on Sissoko is clouded by a huge amount of backdraft. If we truly are after NZonzi then I would imagine it would to replace Wanyama, but I very much doubt we actually have any interest in him.

He couldnt play in the same midfield as Moussa Dembele.
When Dembele went out injured and then sold Sissoko emerged as a central midfield who can hold and dribble the ball like Dembele used to.
The question now is can Sissoko and NDombele play in the same midfield or are they too similar?

He couldnt play in the same midfield as Moussa Dembele.
When Dembele went out injured and then sold Sissoko emerged as a central midfield who can hold and dribble the ball like Dembele used to.
The question now is can Sissoko and NDombele play in the same midfield or are they too similar?
They're similar in the way Lionel Messi and Andros Townsend are similar. I also don't think they'll be able to play in the same team.

We have a fundamental difference in opinion where Sissoko is concerned, so of course it wouldnt make sense to you.

I disagree that he was one of our best performers, and I certainly disagree that he is well integrated with the team, so already we are at odds

Id go further to say I fully expect him to be a bench/utility player next season and not a first team regular at all.

In addition, I think N'Zonzi is a better player technically and tactically.

Put in that context, N'Zonzi as 4th/5th choice cover/utility and £15m in the bank makes a great deal of sense.

Remember that Nayim’s opinion on Sissoko is clouded by a huge amount of backdraft. If we truly are after NZonzi then I would imagine it would to replace Wanyama, but I very much doubt we actually have any interest in him.

I disagree that my opinion is clouded at all.

It might not be the popular view of the player, but that doesnt mean it is somehow skewed or prejudiced.

That aside, I would see someone like N'Zonzi effectively replacing Wanyama AND Sissoko.

IMO we already have Winks, Dier and NDombele ahead of them. It looks likely we will go in for one of Lo Celso/Van Der Beek/Ceballos as well, whom I would also expect to be ahead of them.

And experienced older hand like N'Zonzi would be a good player to replace both Sissoko and Wanyama in the squad.

What evidence? Evidence like this?

D8Id0QDXoAEHBql.jpg

I believe the discussion in this case was between Sissoko and Nzonzi. No one is arguing that Ndombele is a better player.

Given your "sticking to your guns" line I assumed it to be Sissoko, framed in the conversation that we were having in that I do not agree with your assessment of him.

Im yet to actually see "evidence" of Sissoko being a better player than NZonzi.

The chart above though shows very nicely the difference between Sissoko and a very good midfielder who will take his role (NDombele being pertinent for obvious reasons, more evidence, you know - him replacing Sissoko and that)

Now, as I said in the first place - you and I have fundamental differences in opinion on Sissoko, chances are we arent going to agree any time soon. Whenever someone draws a response out of me on the matter of Sissoko I end getting all sorts of complaints. So how about we either move it into that thread, or (my preference) simpy leave it?

Given your "sticking to your guns" line I assumed it to be Sissoko, framed in the conversation that we were having in that I do not agree with your assessment of him.

Im yet to actually see "evidence" of Sissoko being a better player than NZonzi.

The chart above though shows very nicely the difference between Sissoko and a very good midfielder who will take his role (NDombele being pertinent for obvious reasons, more evidence, you know - him replacing Sissoko and that)

Now, as I said in the first place - you and I have fundamental differences in opinion on Sissoko, chances are we arent going to agree any time soon. Whenever someone draws a response out of me on the matter of Sissoko I end getting all sorts of complaints. So how about we either move it into that thread, or (my preference) simpy leave it?
So you're comparing Ndombele and Nzonzi and coming to the conclusion that they are about the same and then taking that one step further to compare Nzonzi to Sissoko using Ndombele as the Nzonzi equivalent. Sheesh!

And by the way, Statsbomb may want to check their data, because in the graph below their 2018/19 numbers are different than the ones they use to compare Sissoko to Ndombele.

DtQ8h8UWoAEPY8l.jpg:large
D8Id0QDXoAEHBql.jpg:large

So you're comparing Ndombele and Nzonzi and coming to the conclusion that they are about the same and then taking that one step further to compare Nzonzi to Sissoko using Ndombele as the Nzonzi equivalent. Sheesh!

And by the way, Statsbomb may want to check their data, because in the graph below their 2018/19 numbers are different than the ones they use to compare Sissoko to Ndombele.

From these images what I can see is that on the left there is a man in a wide-shouldered jacket dancing to Talking Heads, and on the right someone has dropped a raspberry crumble on a burgundy carpet.

The solo one was made mid-season

Back