• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

The Champions League team of the season.
Sissoko included along with Lucas.
They are in good company along wit Messi et al

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/986753640?-3316:5268

MIDFIELDERS
It’s amazing to think how far MOUSSA SISSOKO has come in the Lilywhite shirt.

He is now one of Mauricio Pochettino’s most important players and he changed the tie as soon as he came on against Ajax in the semi-final first leg.

Sissoko has become one of Spurs’ most important players
He changed the game with his powerful surging runs as soon as he set foot on the pitch and he continued to cause trouble for the Dutch side in the second leg. Without Sissoko, Spurs would be nowhere near the final.

He isnt even in the top 7/8 most important spurs players.

It was a pen. A weak and annoying one, but it was a pen.

And it was down to stupidity from the player and nothing else. Waving his arm around in the box is asking for it to happen.
I agree it was stupid to be pointing, but I do worry for the state of the game if that is a handball. I mean I have issues with it being handball when someone is quite blatantly pointing, there was nothing deliberate about it. But added to that the fact it clearly hit his chest and only then rebounded onto his arm and that is now handball? Where is it going to end? What on earth was wrong with the handball rule originally where it just had to be deliberate handball? Why did it need to be changed in the first place? Like I say I agree that he shouldnt have his arms up in light of CL handballs given this season, but it is just getting ridiculous what is now considered handball....

I agree it was stupid to be pointing, but I do worry for the state of the game if that is a handball. I mean I have issues with it being handball when someone is quite blatantly pointing, there was nothing deliberate about it. But added to that the fact it clearly hit his chest and only then rebounded onto his arm and that is now handball? Where is it going to end? What on earth was wrong with the handball rule originally where it just had to be deliberate handball? Why did it need to be changed in the first place? Like I say I agree that he shouldnt have his arms up in light of CL handballs given this season, but it is just getting ridiculous what is now considered handball....

They have simplified things beyond sense, I agree, but deliberate or not his arm impacted/impeded the course of the ball so its a penalty.

Apparently from next year literally any contact will be a pen, thats going to go well...

Last edited:
They have simplified things beyond sense, I agree, but deliberate or not his arm impacted/impeded the course of the ball so its a penalty.

Apparently they from next year literally any contact will be a pen, thats going to go well...
I genuinely think that it could now be a tactic.

Pinpoint cross from 30yds on to Kanes head or kick/flick it onto someone's arm 3yds away?

Easy choice.

Will be funny when a team wins a CL game by kicking the ball into defenders arms 5 times - please let it be us against pool in next years final.

If the defenders' arms are in an unnatural position such that it makes their body bigger on 5 occasions, then it will be somewhat self-inflicted.

There is provision in the new law to exclude the ball being hit onto a player's arm, whether by an attacking player, or by the defending player himself. But that becomes secondary to the arm-making-his-body-bigger scenario which would take precedence, if I am reading it correctly.

It's going to be interesting to see how this is interpreted and implemented. With the usual lack of consistency I would imagine. Has disaster written all over it.

I put myself through the torture of watching a recording of the game yesterday and ironically it seemed that if Sissoko had left his arm outstretched and pointing we would probably have been OK - it was in lowering his arm that he made contact with the ball that Mane certainly appeared to have hit directly at him, missing the arm and getting his body.

CL team of the season and there's still debate over whether he's a quality squad member? What an absolute tinkle take.

Being stubborn is one thing, but I mean come on. Egg and faces clearly in alignment.

It's a TalkSport article not an actual official team of the season from Uefa fwiw

If the defenders' arms are in an unnatural position such that it makes their body bigger on 5 occasions, then it will be somewhat self-inflicted.

There is provision in the new law to exclude the ball being hit onto a player's arm, whether by an attacking player, or by the defending player himself. But that becomes secondary to the arm-making-his-body-bigger scenario which would take precedence, if I am reading it correctly.

It's going to be interesting to see how this is interpreted and implemented. With the usual lack of consistency I would imagine. Has disaster written all over it.

I put myself through the torture of watching a recording of the game yesterday and ironically it seemed that if Sissoko had left his arm outstretched and pointing we would probably have been OK - it was in lowering his arm that he made contact with the ball that Mane certainly appeared to have hit directly at him, missing the arm and getting his body.

I think you've just confirmed that the hand ball rules in the penalty box are crap!

The final used the old rules apparently. And Sissoko was not 'trying to make his body bigger' that was evidently clear. Then what is a natural position for an arm? If your pointing then a pointing position is 'natural'. If a chest trap, often your arms come out from your side. What is the 'natural' possition for an arm after a ball has ricocheted?

Next season how will a Ref have to decide on the attackers intentions too!? Whether they were kicking the ball into an arm or whether it was a legit shot or pass? Mane's cross wasn't towards goal for example.

I think you've just confirmed that the hand ball rules in the penalty box are crap! Well at the moment it does look as if there will still be controversy around interpretation/implementation despite attempts to clarify.

The final used the old rules apparently.
I think the old rules used the "guidance" about the arm being outside the natural silhouette of the body. I may well have that wrong though but I think that was what happened with Rose in the City game? I assumed that was the reason for the decision on Saturday as it obviously wasn't intentional.

And Sissoko was not 'trying to make his body bigger' that was evidently clear.
I don't think "trying" comes into it. Either the body is made bigger or it isn't.

Then what is a natural position for an arm? If your pointing then a pointing position is 'natural'. If a chest trap, often your arms come out from your side. What is the 'natural' possition for an arm after a ball has ricocheted? Agree. So despite trying to clarify the law, it just leaves more open to interpretation.

Next season how will a Ref have to decide on the attackers intentions too!? Whether they were kicking the ball into an arm or whether it was a legit shot or pass? Mane's cross wasn't towards goal for example.
I don't think a ref will have to decide on the attacker's intentions. If the ball comes off the attacking player directly onto the arm of a defending player, then it is not handball. Unless "the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger" - in that case it would be handball it seems. Which makes it worthwhile for an attacking player to attempt it.

Comments in the above.
Note that I am not trying to defend the law change, I think it is going to lead to more controversy.

I think you've just confirmed that the hand ball rules in the penalty box are crap!

The final used the old rules apparently. And Sissoko was not 'trying to make his body bigger' that was evidently clear. Then what is a natural position for an arm? If your pointing then a pointing position is 'natural'. If a chest trap, often your arms come out from your side. What is the 'natural' possition for an arm after a ball has ricocheted?

The rules are ridiculous, as was the implementation - I think we're all pretty much agreed on that.

But there's a very good reason defenders make their own jobs more difficult by blocking crosses with their arms behind their backs. They don't do it for fun, they don't do it because it looks silly and gives us all a laugh. They do it because every fudging halfwit, even footballers, can work out that sticking one's arms out in the box is likely to lead to a penalty.

The rules are ridiculous, as was the implementation - I think we're all pretty much agreed on that.

But there's a very good reason defenders make their own jobs more difficult by blocking crosses with their arms behind their backs. They don't do it for fun, they don't do it because it looks silly and gives us all a laugh. They do it because every fudging halfwit, even footballers, can work out that sticking one's arms out in the box is likely to lead to a penalty.
I see what you’re saying! You’re saying that Sissoko is not a footballer!!!!

Can't we just say that he fudged up and still managed to be one of the few players in our team that played well.

I think he's always pointing for Trippier since he's clueless at times and doesn't mark his man properly. Like I said, it was a big mistake and he should've known better. I'm actually excited to see Sissoko and Winks play together next season, provided they can stay injury-free.

Back