• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Have another look at the charts - it started well before the world cup.

You're right to blame injuries - it's the decline of Dembele's fitness that was the start of that. It's not Sissoko's fault that Dembele can't play, it's Levy/Poch's fault for thinking a player like Sissoko could replace a player like Dembele.
But it is. Sissoko has been on a two year long (successful) campaign to hobble and replace Dembele. A plan so cunning and committed that it entailed Sissoko playing so badly in the season that he would NOT make the World Cup Winning France squad, but Dembele WOULD make the Belgium one, and not get a break and rack up those final few minutes that would end his top flight career. AND IT WORKED! Sissoko is most likely going to start in a CL final and Dembele is most likely struggling for fitness in the Chinese league.

In the real world it's those of us who wouldn't be caught dead on public transport. In the football analogy it's those who intend to compete to win their leagues.

OK, your Highness. Are you the dreaded MBS from Saudi Arabia or the Amir from UAE, or maybe part of the Royal Family.
I use public airlines like Singapore, Emirates, Qatar, Turkish etc. Do you have a private jet?
I also use public trains in the UK, Germany, France etc. Do you have a special private coach attached?

If your answers to the above are in the affirmative, then WTF are you doing here?
Just buy the club and fulfill your football analogy mentioned above.

OK, your Highness. Are you the dreaded MBS from Saudi Arabia or the Amir from UAE, or maybe part of the Royal Family.
I use public airlines like Singapore, Emirates, Qatar, Turkish etc. Do you have a private jet?
I also use public trains in the UK, Germany, France etc. Do you have a special private coach attached?

If your answers to the above are in the affirmative, then WTF are you doing here?
Just buy the club and fulfill your football analogy mentioned above.
Of course I don't use trains - they're full of the kind of people who use trains.

Aircraft are not referred to as public transport - at least not in the UK. That's reserved for ground-based methods of transport.

I work in one, why's that?
I wondered how you travelled to work if not? I tried driving to my office in central London for a while but it is nigh on impossible to be able to get anywhere near guaranteeing that you can be in to make a specific time. I also tried a pied-a-terre near my office for a while and walked to/from work, but the noise/lack of space/penchant for going out and staying out too late every night gets to you in the end even if you only stay there during the week and head to your place further out for weekends.

I wondered how you travelled to work if not? I tried driving to my office in central London for a while but it is nigh on impossible to be able to get anywhere near guaranteeing that you can be in to make a specific time. I also tried a pied-a-terre near my office for a while and walked to/from work, but the noise/lack of space/penchant for going out and staying out too late every night gets to you in the end even if you only stay there during the week and head to your place further out for weekends.
I drove when I worked and lived in London too.

It's not so bad if you know all the back streets well and can safely drive on the limit all the time. That obviously runs the risk of actual real police officers being in a car somewhere en route, but the force seems to have given up on them in favour of cameras. I did that for the best part of 5 or 6 years and didn't see one.

Used to fudge my route up every time a new set of speed bumps went in, but you just have to work out another one.

In the real world it's those of us who wouldn't be caught dead on public transport. In the football analogy it's those who intend to compete to win their leagues.
Just looking back at this thread.... I'm sure I read at some point on here that you had an artificial lawn in your garden?

Just looking back at this thread.... I'm sure I read at some point on here that you had an artificial lawn in your garden?
When we were in London I replaced our "Town garden" (read as space where I could touch both side walls by stretching my arms) grass with artificial as it was too small to get any light. It was that or mud.

When we were in London I replaced our "Town garden" (read as space where I could touch both side walls by stretching my arms) grass with artificial as it was too small to get any light. It was that or mud.
I have never seen a man dining at the top table lay claim to having an artificial lawn. A team of gardeners? Yes.... Faux grass? Not a chance! ;)

I have never seen a man dining at the top table lay claim to having an artificial lawn. A team of gardeners? Yes.... Faux grass? Not a chance! ;)
Unfortunately we backed onto another garden and were surrounded by them (never living in a terrace again, no matter how pretty it is).

That would have meant gardening types and all their tools walking through the house - not a chance.

We dont, IMO, play anything like we have the 4 seasons prior.
One thing is for sure. Several years ago we defended really well. Teams couldn't score against us. At times this season it is as though we don't have a defence at all. I guess the defence isn't shielded so well, but it is really striking how flimsy our defence can be...I'm dreading what the Pool will do to it in the Final....but then again we have forwards who they need to fear.

In the real world it's those of us who wouldn't be caught dead on public transport.

You're not cool enough for public transport

BAE.jpg

Back