• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He didn't look out of place against some of the best players in the world.

In fact at times he looked untouchable on the ball, so strong and quick. He just darts past players and keeps on doing it well into the final minutes of a game.

It must be demoralising as an opponent, with the beast constantly punching holes in their shape.

Absolutely crucial player who, as this thread suggests, is impossible not to admire at the moment.

Confidence has been a big help, not just when he’s on the ball but it’s like he expects to win every 50/50 and enjoys the physicality. Whether by accident or design the other big difference is he’s not playing as an attacking midfielder as this was possibly the position least suited to his skill set. Have enjoyed being wrong about him.

Speaking to RMC Sport, Tottenham Hotspur’s French midfielder Moussa Sissoko reacted to the North London side’s Champions’ League quarter-final 1st leg victory over Emirates Marketing Project last night.

“First of all, before anything else, the compliments are really nice to hear. I am happy with my match, I was very good I think, like the rest of the team. I am happy for me, I have come a long way. I have had two difficult seasons here, I have continued to work, I did not quit and things are going well this season. I have always believed in myself, my team-mates and my family too, that allows me to put in performances like this one. I know that I am not the most technical player, best player in the world, but I play with the qualities that I have. I have never taken myself to be someone I am not, I give the best of myself and that is how I am able to put in a performance like this, it made the coach happy.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1113822/Tottenham-news-Moussa-Sissoko-Ledley-King

“Obviously we know how big a player Dembele was for the club and how important he was.

“But I feel that Sissoko has almost filled that space.

“His physical presence in midfield, his power, very difficult to get past in defensive positions and he’s got that driving force that we know Dembele did have where he could beat a man and drive past people.

“And Sissoko’s showing that side as well.”

Back