• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He dominated defensively in central midfield and still found time to put Zaha in his pocket.

Even with everybody fit, he deserves to start. He is so good 1v1 when it comes to covering defensively, I think he might have played himself into a first-choice defensive midfielder. Because added to that, he can also break through the lines of the opposition when carrying the ball out, and with his speed off the ball, he provides a platform to counter-attack (just please give him someone to pass to when we get to the opposition box!)

I get the people making arguments that any professional footballer should be putting decent chances on target but we all (should) know that at the highest level, the defending is so usually quite good, the pressure to perform is much higher, etc.

However, as other posters have already countered with, his contribution everywhere else is simply massive. They're also 100% correct about his shooting being a confidence issue. I'm just happy the fans got behind him. Who knows, maybe if they backed him sooner, he would've been performing better sooner. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and needs to be shown some love.

I think I mentioned that Dembele scored a few goals and Sissoko should do a little bit better, but I see goals from players in his role as more of a bonus rather than a requirement. Like CBs scoring headers from set-pieces, I usually don't expect it but it's nice to have a few extra goals being scored outside of the usual suspects.

Can not believe the turn around in him.

I would actually like to meet him and say sorry for laughing when he used to come on as a substitute in the past, I guess players can hear that. This guys turn around has been epic. Apart from headbutting someone in a match the other month he has been completely flawless and i can actually look past the headbutt because it at least shows he cares.

His attitude to come back from such a low place and win a place in the team back and ram it down the throats of all the boo boys(me included) is impressive. I wish the other players had his character. Great attitude and I can see why Poch keeps him around.

My player of the season so far.

Can not believe the turn around in him.

I would actually like to meet him and say sorry for laughing when he used to come on as a substitute in the past, I guess players can hear that. This guys turn around has been epic. Apart from headbutting someone in a match the other month he has been completely flawless and i can actually look past the headbutt because it at least shows he cares.

His attitude to come back from such a low place and win a place in the team back and ram it down the throats of all the boo boys(me included) is impressive. I wish the other players had his character. Great attitude and I can see why Poch keeps him around.

My player of the season so far.

Great post. Would have sold him for a set of tracksuits 12 months ago. Now 30 mill is looking good value. He has been brilliant and he’s been brilliant in big games. I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten a judgement so wrong and I’ve made some stinkingly bad judgements on players.

His control and passing seems to get better game by game. This is an unrecognizable player to 12 months ago.

I was going to post similar. He’s actually a lot more than a stopper. Calms things down, plays the right pass and you can see him being vocal with others from a tactical perspective.

Hope Aurier watched that immaculate slide tackle on sterling.

I hated Aurier last season, this season I am still wondering why he does not know how to take a throw in but think he has improved. I would actually sell tripper and loan out w-p and then see if Aurier can do something next year, I assume we will buy another right back.

I love how he's playing at the moment a genuine all rounder.

I do sometimes wish though that when he breaks the first tackle he just goes straight at em. Full power. He kinda used too but not very often now. The sheer terror he can cause when he does that is a weapon against ANY team

Beast.

I do sometimes wish though that when he breaks the first tackle he just goes straight at em. Full power. He kinda used too but not very often now. The sheer terror he can cause when he does that is a weapon against ANY team

Beast.

He was excellent tonight as much because he kept his discipline and shape and did not go charging forth when every opportunity offered itself.

Beast.
Tonight was a game to hold shape and we did that especially well in the first half. DESK were doing the higher pressing and Sissoko kept his discipline.

He was excellent tonight as much because he kept his discipline and shape and did not go charging forth when every opportunity offered itself.
Oh he's a real role model at carrying out instructions.

I just love the odd unstoppable charge forward.....remember when Jan used to do it?

And the crowd love it:)

Back