• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

This is so utterly selective it makes me laugh. I actually cannot believe you wrote it, as if it happens virtually every time. By the way, Dembele had no assists in 28 apps last season, and no "big chances created"... not that stats mean much without context, but thought I'd throw that out there. Sissoko has a couple of assists this season and four "big chances created" in 20 apps this season. Like it or not, I suspect the manager Scara wishes to educate has factored those numbers into his decision to let Dembele go in this winter window having not been able to shift him in the summer.
Are you daring to suggest that Poch is a better head coach than @scaramanga ? Sacrilege.

I think if we had money to spend in the Summer you sell Wanyama and leave yourself with Wink, Sissoko, Dier and one more to make its 4 players into two spots with at least two of them able to cover in other areas if needed too.

Plus Skipp who would play Domestic Cup games and increase game time hopefully through the season.

What I see, and if I may so, it's a view that is likely to be shared by the overwhelming majority of people on this board, is a poster continually bricking on a player that has played pretty well for us this year. And even the positives that you mention are heavily caveated with "Sissoko is brick" and needs to be replaced.

@Raziel has not singled out Sissoko. He has not suggested he is brick to the extent you have and he accepts Sissoko has done well for us this season. He has not suggested we should get rid of Sissoko but upgrade, if we can, to a world class option and have Sissoko fight for his place as part of rotation. No one would disagree with that view. If you are agreeing with Raziel then that was not clear at all from your posts

And at the risk of agitating you again, this simply isnt true.

If you read my posts unbiased, and not informed by whatever cartoonish perception you filter it through (you and a good few others), you would see a very similar theme.

- I havent called him brick in absolutely ages. Far from it.
- I have repeatedly talked up elements of his game that are good and/or improved(improving)
- I do believe he is ultimately not good enough to be our midfield mainstay. Agree or disagree, you must surely accept its not a controversial thing to suggest.
- I havent been in here to say he has had a bad performance in ages. Because he hasnt. So Ive been and said "he played well"
- I have discussed elements of his game that I do not think are very good. Particularly in context of other posters suggesting them as strengths. Its called debate/conversation.

I have, in all honesty, a pretty balanced view of the player I am able to articulate.

As with above, if you disagree it really doesnt matter - the point is that my view is not so wild and crazy as to deserve the frankly ridiculous and out of proportion response it gets.

Seriously, entertain me, go through the last few pages of the thread and read my posts - imagine they are by "AnonUser" and not "nayimfromthehalfwayline", forget the baggage and perception, and point out where I have been overtly unreasonable, called him brick, written him off or any of it.

You'll find my stating I think we can upgrade upon him (as per Raziel did without any pitchfork attack)
You'll find I believe Wanyama is a better player when both are on song, but that I would expect him to be sold before Sissoko
You'll find reference to his good defensive work
You'll find that I dont value his surging runs as much as Grays, and why - given the reasoning (and its not just "Because hes brick") even if you dont agree - I hope you wouldnt see it as inflamatory

Call it 5 pages, 10, 20 = the message is very similar.

IMHO a 400% Wanymana is better than a 400% Sissoko. Probably not by much, but for me he is a better player.

That being said - unless his injuries are genuinely behind him it really is a no brainer that Sissoko is the one you would keep of the two.

People speak in the general, you have to with football. For some reason people then hear in absolutes.

I dont know why.

The situation happens frequently enough that it is a feature of his game. Hence Ive picked up on it and commented on it with an example.

That is not to say it is the only thing he ever does. It is not to deny his good actions. It is simply to point out he does this sort of thing regularly - and I dont actually think its adding any value at all. If anything it is often to our detriment.

This only came up out of the whole "Well he makes loads of runs" argument in favour of him, its something I disagree with.

Fair enough mate, let’s move on and leave this where it needs to be left...COYS

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Vertonghen has spent large chunks of his career playing left back - that's nothing new to him.

Skipp is the only player in the squad who has been fit and plays in Sissoko's position and we've all seen how cautious Poch is at ensuring players aren't ruined by being bought through too quickly.

Do you really think that had Dembele, Dier and Winks been fully fit all season, Sissoko would have started any matches? That's an insane suggestion - the kind of thing Timmeh would come out with.

I believe that you once said that if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle... Would he have started? How would I know; but probably not. By the same token of argument, if Soldado had been a relative (not even absolute) success under Poch, would Harry be the world class striker we love to see in our colours? Who knows? He may well have been loaned out again, been average and sold.

The issue is the situation today, whatever the break that provided Sissoko with first team chances and his capability of grabbing that opportunity with both hands - despite the flak he initially got from the stands. Seeing a Winks plays in different position, the question should be: TODAY, will Dier and Wanyama get a immediate recall, at the Frenchman's expense, once they are fit? And the answer, in my opinion, can only be NO. This season's Sissoko has been more effective than Dier in my books. He is definitely stronger, more disciplined and offers something that Dier doesn't.... an option to break forward at speed.

I would imagine you will disagree, so why don't we park it for 2 months and bring the argument back then? The proof of the pudding is in the eating...

I believe that you once said that if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle... Would he have started? How would I know; but probably not. By the same token of argument, if Soldado had been a relative (not even absolute) success under Poch, would Harry be the world class striker we love to see in our colours? Who knows? He may well have been loaned out again, been average and sold.

The issue is the situation today, whatever the break that provided Sissoko with first team chances and his capability of grabbing that opportunity with both hands - despite the flak he initially got from the stands. Seeing a Winks plays in different position, the question should be: TODAY, will Dier and Wanyama get a immediate recall, at the Frenchman's expense, once they are fit? And the answer, in my opinion, can only be NO. This season's Sissoko has been more effective than Dier in my books. He is definitely stronger, more disciplined and offers something that Dier doesn't.... an option to break forward at speed.

I would imagine you will disagree, so why don't we park it for 2 months and bring the argument back then? The proof of the pudding is in the eating...
So if Poch makes a wrong decision that makes you right? I don't follow.

And at the risk of agitating you again, this simply isnt true.

If you read my posts unbiased, and not informed by whatever cartoonish perception you filter it through (you and a good few others), you would see a very similar theme.

- I havent called him brick in absolutely ages. Far from it.
- I have repeatedly talked up elements of his game that are good and/or improved(improving)
- I do believe he is ultimately not good enough to be our midfield mainstay. Agree or disagree, you must surely accept its not a controversial thing to suggest.
- I havent been in here to say he has had a bad performance in ages. Because he hasnt. So Ive been and said "he played well"
- I have discussed elements of his game that I do not think are very good. Particularly in context of other posters suggesting them as strengths. Its called debate/conversation.

I have, in all honesty, a pretty balanced view of the player I am able to articulate.

As with above, if you disagree it really doesnt matter - the point is that my view is not so wild and crazy as to deserve the frankly ridiculous and out of proportion response it gets.

Seriously, entertain me, go through the last few pages of the thread and read my posts - imagine they are by "AnonUser" and not "nayimfromthehalfwayline", forget the baggage and perception, and point out where I have been overtly unreasonable, called him brick, written him off or any of it.

You'll find my stating I think we can upgrade upon him (as per Raziel did without any pitchfork attack)
You'll find I believe Wanyama is a better player when both are on song, but that I would expect him to be sold before Sissoko
You'll find reference to his good defensive work
You'll find that I dont value his surging runs as much as Grays, and why - given the reasoning (and its not just "Because hes brick") even if you dont agree - I hope you wouldnt see it as inflamatory

Call it 5 pages, 10, 20 = the message is very similar.

I think the issue is it’s not what you’re saying, because if you read your posts in detail they are always balanced. It is what you are doing.

It is like you are determined to remind everyone that Sissoko just isn’t that good. Every post even when you give him due credit is still laced with a ‘he’s not good enough for us’ but I think you are Scara are the only ones still determined to make this case. Maybe NoLimits as well but he seems like he appreciates the opposing view.

Almost everyone else is capable of praising Sissoko and leaving it at that. Treating him like one of the lads that deserves our support. He has been one of our best players this season. In your opinion he isn’t good enough, and that’s fine. But it’s flying in the face not only of the majority opinion, but also the opinion of the clearly successful and knowledgeable coach.

As I said, it’s not what you are saying, because your posts are balanced. But coming back to remind eveeyone that he isn’t actually that good, when most people are seeing him as one of our best performing players this year, just makes it look like you don’t want to admit that you were wrong. That you got so entrenched on one side of the argument that you don’t want to come around.

You wonder why he gets such vehement defence and it’s because people went over the top in their criticism of him, so it’s only fair. It’s up to you on whatever opinion you want to hold, but to keep coming back to the idea that he isn’t good enough for us even after being one of our better performers this season, it just looks like you don’t want to give it up.

On paper this makes sense. In reality you need players who sacrifice themselves, so that Kane/Son/Dele/Eriksen can perform.
Sissoko is at the required level in terms of sacrifice.
My boy has played for teams/academies who cherry pick the best players. It doesn't work. He's had much better results playing in a team where the team ethic, and other players sacrificing themselves, creates a much better overall result.
For most of you on here, you are witnessing the highest performing spurs team of your lifetime. And Sissoko is a big part of that.
The worst part is you're not appreciating it.

I'ts been shown many times, you can't have an entire team of flair. you also need some straight up strength.

So if Poch makes a wrong decision that makes you right? I don't follow.

OK - so let me make it really easy so that you can understand...

You - like me - are spending your evening, or at least part of it, typing in posts to this blog. Poch, on the other hand, has just engineered the best Tottenham performance in the Champions League. He has been hailed for his tactical nous and is regarded as one of the best coaches in the world.

So if Poch continues to play Sissoko despite all the other midfielders being fit, it could either mean that he is a complete dunce and you have superior coaching skills that Poch cannot even start to aspire to.... or else you are just being a stubborn, arrogant <<choose the appropriate noun>> and persist in saying that a newly whitewashed wall is actually blue.

Want to apply Ockham's razor to that conjecture?

Reverse league table of technique / ball control / situational awareness / danger radar / passing in front of a player so he can stride onto it versus passing where a player was 2 seconds ago:

Me
Lloris
Sissoko
Sanchez
Aurier
Gazzaniga
Davies
Wanyama
Dier
Zzzzz
Everyone else

OK - so let me make it really easy so that you can understand...

You - like me - are spending your evening, or at least part of it, typing in posts to this blog. Poch, on the other hand, has just engineered the best Tottenham performance in the Champions League. He has been hailed for his tactical nous and is regarded as one of the best coaches in the world.

So if Poch continues to play Sissoko despite all the other midfielders being fit, it could either mean that he is a complete dunce and you have superior coaching skills that Poch cannot even start to aspire to.... or else you are just being a stubborn, arrogant <<choose the appropriate noun>> and persist in saying that a newly whitewashed wall is actually blue.

Want to apply Ockham's razor to that conjecture?
And allow me to simplify in return.

If one is right and another wrong, no number of people agreeing with he who is wrong makes him any more right.

He was everywhere last night and the strength of his runs are top class, he must make opposing players fear him as he never seems to be knocked of the ball.
Great isn't it. He just makes himself big and there is nothing they can do about it. If he loses it now it is mostly through a misplaced pass and those are also a rarity.

I can't remember such a dramatic transformation in a player over such a short space of time.

The difference between Sissoko and Wanyama is marginal and Winks is developing into as good a player as Dembele week by week. Its at Fullback our problems have been. Trippier can't defend and Davies can do neither unless he plays as a LCB. Jan showed the value of a decent fullback in the week and look what it did to our performance.

I don't think so mate. Wanyama does not create as many chances/offer assists. I will concede that when he decides to look for the target he usually smashes it!

And allow me to simplify in return.

If one is right and another wrong, no number of people agreeing with he who is wrong makes him any more right.

Hahahahaha, next you'll be declaring a State Of Tottemergency and looking to purloin funds from wherever to bomb him out of the club because of his perceived "lack of quality" as measured against...against...hmmm! As long as you don't tell me climate change is a hoax or the Earth is flat, let this trolling continue apace (I feel it is somewhat of a lucky charm at this point, so don't go caving in and admitting your love until after June 1st)...

This clip has something I want to point out that almost never seems to get mentioned or acknowledged. He has been regularly accused on this thread of ‘charging about’ and leaving his midfield partner exposed. I think actually he is excellent at this sort of thing in the first action, where there is danger, where the opposition has broken our lines. He is always there tracking the most dangerous player. Most of the time this goes untouched, because the fact that he has tracked the man means the attack doesn’t develop into much, but I would say this is one of the reasons Poch likes him so much. He has a role that requires him to get up and down, and still put the team first and recognise danger when it is developing. He has a great brain for it and a selfless disposition, and I challenge anyone when watching our next games, when they get worried about an opposition counter attack or break through our lines, check who is most of the time the one snuffing it out.

Back