• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I think he has been fantastic this season - he is the player we saw playing for France in the Euro’s. I actually look for his name on the team sheet ans I am pleased to see it. I also think that when he plays with Aurier, the right side looks stronger, there is more cohesion between them than when Trippier is playing.

As much as you won't like to admit it, Sissoko does have genuine quality on the ball these days and does affect our attacking play. If you speak more specifically about crossing from the channels Trippier is definitely better. But in the middle of the park Sissoko is absolutely involved in our attacking play. I would go further to say for all Trippier's quality with crossing and dead ball situations, Sissoko has probably had a greater impact in attack than he has.

I simply have to disagree. I dont think Sissoko makes many positive contributions in attack. His best work is, IMO, at the back. Trippier has genuine technique and vision and has more in his locker than crosses from the channel.

And I dont think Sissoko has genuine quality on the ball, I think his quality is average at best. His touch is often poor, his control is often poor as is his choice and execution of passes. Comparitive to the rest of the team, he is poor.

Absolutely no doubt - he has improved massively over the season, but "genuine quality on the ball"? Not for me.

It was clearly a pass. There is no way that he meant anything other than putting Son in on goal. There’s no way he was just clearing into an area.

See how ridiculous it is to talk in absolutes here? Neither you or I can know Sissoko’s intentions with that ball. However the previous opinion that you (and Scara) have formed, religiously stuck to and now probably feel a little foolish in continuing to do, lead you into ridiculous statements like yours above.

We know that his passing is, at the most generous erratic at best. We know he doesnt have the greatest vision in selecting a pass. Makes the odd nice cross field attempt, occasionally slips it into the channel, but mostly just plays very safe - missing relatively simple passes forward.

To think he was in a packed defence, saw Son 40 yards away in his peripheral vision, and then perfectly executed a slide rule pass as a clearance...

... well I just think thats highly unlikely. More likely is that he cleared the ball into space where it was going to be useful.

It really isnt a ridiculous statement, but feel free to follow round chipping away at any post I make, its not me that looks ridiculous when you do.

Because we need to continue to bash Sissoko at every opportunity, even going to ridiculous attempts to do so???

Genuinely can't believe that after his performances this season, there isn't just more of a blanket 'yeah, we keep winning with him in the team, yeah he may not be the prettiest but he clearly adds some balance and physicality, and he is clearly rated by our staff'.

Like, if you really wanted to you can pick at every single player we have, even Kane, and try and frame something or everything he does in the negative. But why keep bothering? He's our player. Points wise we're doing better than we've ever done and he plays the majority of games. Most fans at the games are now behind him.

He will never be the player people are criticizing him for not being. But he has improved on the things he needed to - his on the ball work has been much better this season. He's more confident, he's doing his job, we win more often than not. Surely the debate around whether he's garbage or adding some value is over? It's surely done? Therefore, just accept him for what he is, surely?

Who is even arguing that he is "garbage"?

Lets frame it this way.

People fully accept what he is, pros and cons. And some feel we can do better. They are also able to appreciate he is doing his best and the team is getting by all the same.

Is this really so controversial?

Lets frame it another way.

Come the summer, would you see Sissoko as a player we can upgrade upon to improve the side?

Or, more specifically, one of the players we can most easily improve upon to improve the side (trying to avoid the obvious and meaningless "anyone can be improved upon" retort).

Id suggest the answer will be "yes". Most likely alongside "With RB as well". And possibly LB as well.

That being the case, shame on you, your agenda, blah, blah, blah...

This thread.... fudgein' ell.

e518b6234fb5da6544511a771f523118ce12acf4ff6dbb9037ce738d3afdafe3.jpg

He's played at right back, centre midfield, holding midfield, right midfield, and right wing this season. A man who is paid millions of pounds a year to win football matches played him in those positions. Yes there's better players on the planet, but for every Alan Shearer I'll show you a Mark Atkins.

I think he has been fantastic this season - he is the player we saw playing for France in the Euro’s. I actually look for his name on the team sheet ans I am pleased to see it. I also think that when he plays with Aurier, the right side looks stronger, there is more cohesion between them than when Trippier is playing.

As i have said elsewhere he HAS to be in contention for our POS, I know we have injurys but even if everyone was fit i still believe Poch would have him in the side more often then not.

As i have said elsewhere he HAS to be in contention for our POS, I know we have injurys but even if everyone was fit i still believe Poch would have him in the side more often then not.
He has made me eat my words!
They went down well with lashings of salad cream! (Guilty pleasure)

He has made me eat my words!
They went down well with lashings of salad cream! (Guilty pleasure)

It happens to most fans over the years, i remember sitting in the stands saying Waddle ( when he first came here) was a flash in the pan. He went on to be our best ever flank player ( imo) :oops: since then i have tried to keep stum about our new players since then.

It happens to most fans over the years, i remember sitting in the stands saying Waddle ( when he first came here) was a flash in the pan. He went on to be our best ever flank player ( imo) :oops: since then i have tried to keep stum about our new players since then.

Mine was the tiny ‘feeble’ waste of space, Luka Modric!
I say it load and not so proud. Think I told you before!

Mine was the tiny ‘feeble’ waste of space, Luka Modric!
I say it load and not so proud. Think I told you before!

You were not the only one where Modric was concerned, a few fans i know were the same when he first came here and " rent a quote" did not help him by playing him out wide, once the move inside he became a top player for us.

You were not the only one where Modric was concerned, a few fans i know were the same when he first came here and " rent a quote" did not help him by playing him out wide, once the move inside he became a top player for us.
The fact that Sissoko is essentially the anti-Modric is one of the many reasons I don't rate him.

Back