• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Indeed.
But Sissoko wasn't on the pitch any more to put out the fire caused by the brain-fart.
That was the point.

Lamela had only just come on and (IIRC) wasn't immediately moving into the same role as Sissoko.
I agree with @Finney Is Back here. At our level, no player should need babysitting. Not unless they're being overloaded on that side.

Are you praising Sissoko here? And by the way, hun, I know how devastated you’ll be if Sissoko is injured as you’ve been such a fanboy of his. PM me if there’s anything I can do to get you through this challenging moment,
I think we were a much better side without him (as predicted) but a lack of cover is always a bad thing, even if that player is next to useless when we have the ball.

I'm fairly sure Deschamps called him a soldier because everyone was taking the tinkle out of him and he wanted to defend his player.
Calling anyone French a soldier is taking the tinkle!

But I think in Sissoko’s case he does seem like someone who can follow instructions and do his best for the team. He’s basically the antithesis of Pogba and if he’d stayed on I think he would have won that individual battle too.

Wonder if it's just unlucky or we've just overplayed him which caused it.
It’s hard to argue that he wasn’t overplayed. His game is all about effort too, so the risk of a muscular injury would be more likely than someone who operated at a similar pace all game and relies on technique

He was overplayed out of necessity though. Literally no other options since before Christmas.
We are about to find out what those other options were!

I’m not saying we could have done much else, just that I feel the number of games an athletic player like him has had to play will have caused the injury then say bad luck like Kane’s from a dodgy tackle. Of course Son leaving for the Asian cup in the evening it happened is ridiculous bad luck.

We are about to find out what those other options were!

I’m not saying we could have done much else, just that I feel the number of games an athletic player like him has had to play will have caused the injury then say bad luck like Kane’s from a dodgy tackle. Of course Son leaving for the Asian cup in the evening it happened is ridiculous bad luck.
#spurzy

Bournemouth, Cardiff, Everton. 90,90,83 mins.

Games we were tinkling.... definitely an option there to hook him for a rest.
Exactly. Said at the time he should have played Skipp at home to Bournemouth and when he didn’t and then persisted to play him against the likes of Cardiff I was shocked. At the very least he should have been given a good rest second half of games we were easily ahead in. The amount of constant football he’s played was asking for trouble....

That goal didn't come through Trippier lacking cover, it came through Trippier telegraphing a hospital pass across his own back line.

EDIT: That's not to say that Trippier doesn't need cover or that Sissoko doesn't do that well, simply that a lack of cover wasn't the cause of Trippier's brain fart.

Trippier relies on Sissoko so much that even he doesn't believe it! Unforgivably stupid pass, and not his first costly mistake this season. Against Emirates Marketing Project at home he got done high top the pitch misjudging a header and then having scampered back to cover, got done again/allowed the cross to come in. I wouldn't mind the high-risk Tripps so much if his strength - great early delivery around the back and across the box- hadn't completely disappeared too!

Bournemouth, Cardiff, Everton. 90,90,83 mins.

Games we were tinkling.... definitely an option there to hook him for a rest.

This is a key point..one i think Poch can be questioned on. As you say we had ample opportunity to rest certain players in those games in which we were cruising.

@BrainOfLevy I believe we were discussing this before christmas; what are your thoughts on this now with particular relation to Sissoko's injury which imo seems to have come from being overplayed often unnecessarily?

Trippier relies on Sissoko so much that even he doesn't believe it! Unforgivably stupid pass, and not his first costly mistake this season. Against Emirates Marketing Project at home he got done high top the pitch misjudging a header and then having scampered back to cover, got done again/allowed the cross to come in. I wouldn't mind the high-risk Tripps so much if his strength - great early delivery around the back and across the box- hadn't completely disappeared too!

Yes, the City one..grrr! Was he culpable in Liverpool's second as well? Plus didn't him and Toby come to blows after that match and left back from the away trip to Milan? Maybe, Toby felt like some of us lol...

This is a key point..one i think Poch can be questioned on. As you say we had ample opportunity to rest certain players in those games in which we were cruising.

@BrainOfLevy I believe we were discussing this before christmas; what are your thoughts on this now with particular relation to Sissoko's injury which imo seems to have come from being overplayed often unnecessarily?
BoL says that constantly playing players is 'conditioning' and makes them fitter.
Pretty obvious to me that if you play a player a massive amount, he will pull something.
We could have rotated our midfield a lot more, in these games we were p1ss1ng e.g. Skipp, Rose, Foyth, Gazzaniga, anyone really

Back