1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Sissoko (the new Pirlo)

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Aug 2016.

1. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

I tend to think people are a good judge of a certain type of player.

I was on board with Carrick and Modric very early on, for example, in the face of a lot of opposition at the time.

I still think Jenas was a very decent player, but whisper it, it'll set people off...

2. harr1984

harr1984 Paul Stalteri

Jenas was a very good player, he had all the attributes - athleticism, technical ability, scorer of goals against Arsenal. I reckon if Poch had taken him under his wing he would have been a star....

3. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

Responses in bold below

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Gudni Bergsson

When we signed Bentley I was so happy :oops:

5. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

I specifically remember calling Kane "a donkey", obviously called that one right...

I remember thinking Routledge was going to be a star and being super excited when we signed him.

I remember thinking O'Hara was the real deal (and I do still love the gonad*ing he was handing out minutes into his debut).

I thought Soldado was going to take us to the next level.

I thought Bentaleb was going to be top class.

I thought Wanyama was going to be rubbish.

Now say 10 Hail Marys. @nayimfromthehalfwayline

6. scaramanga

scaramanga David Ginola Staff Member

I think the criticism is important. This thread and the MOTM votes/nominations both show that fans on this forum, as a whole, rate effort and improvement over base talent and ability.

7. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

No brick Sherlock!

8. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

Jenas under Poch would be something else, IMO. Although I think he is in the main a rather under appreciated player.

So was I!

harr1984 and StephenH like this.
  9. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

My player recommendations/excitement/flop list.
    is too long.

NoLimits01 and harr1984 like this.
  10. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Danny Murphy

Ok, point made, I'll try and tone down my confrontational and sarcastic way of posting so that the posters on here don't get upset. I do though take umbrage at the accusation that I have been nasty about anyone

Regardless of what you call it there are a core set of posters that vehemently defend him regardless of what is said and in some cases go completely over the top.

For clarity and without prejudice, I think Sissoko has below average footballing skills and match awareness compared to his midfield peers in our current squad but I do think he has above average physical attributes that enable him to perform his current role. I also believe that his particular range of attributes and skills would be better showcased in a team that played to those strengths, maybe in a more counter attacking side rather than a team that like to patiently build up from the back.

Anyway here's a peace offering enjoy ;)

11. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

With our sickbay full and our desperate need for midfield reinforcements, Sissoko is a large dollop of pragmatism.
    He's not pretty but he's bloody effective.

mjc23 likes this.
  12. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Danny Murphy

Yep, agree with that, so how do feel about the current rumours of Inter Milan being interested in him and us being willing to sell based on the above?

Also, considering my statement on what type of team he would best suit, how do Inter play are they a more direct attacking/counterattacking team or do they play similar to us, i don't follow other teams so genuinely do not know.

And, if the rumours are to be believed, why do you think we are willing to sell him now?

13. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Inter are high on skill low on power. Style-wise they are Italian?

Last edited: 13 Feb 2019
  14. harr1984

harr1984 Paul Stalteri

If rumours are to believed, we would have signed half of the professional football population in this past year and sold all of our first team by now. Some flaky Italian website saying Inter wants Sissoko and we might be prepared to sell doesnt even come close to meaning Poch wants to sell him at all.....

StephenH likes this.
  15. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Nick Barmby

Or who rates their football on what they see, rather than an ideal/agenda/theory that they have swallowed.

parklane1, Robspur12 and StephenH like this.
  16. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Danny Murphy

wow and yet its ok to discuss every other rumour, damn you guys are intransigent when it come to him

17. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Steady @NoLimits01.
    I believe @harr1984 was more doubting the validity of most transfer rumours.

He was not having a dig specifically at this Sissoko one.

I think the Sissoko word needs a rest.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2019
    harr1984 likes this.
  18. papaspur

papaspur Pascal Chimbonda

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to aim any digs at you. It's more of a generalized post meant to respond to a few posters who will simply use the "we'll just have to agree to disagree" adage of backing up their argument. Which is to say, that's not an argument, it's a cop-out (IMO). I will call out any false-equivalency arguments as they don't actually address the issue and I don't think they push forward any meaningful discourse on the topic.
    My intent of bringing up the flat-earth/anti-vax point was to equate them to your stating that we should all respect each other's opinions. I'm not trying to suggest you're in those camps but was using it as an analogy.

Finally, if people are defending Sissoko more vehemently than other players, there's a very simple reason for that: people are offending Sissoko more vehemently than other players.

Kandi1977, Robspur12 and StephenH like this.
  19. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

I think we need to have a cooling off period on the Sissoko thread.
    A moratorium of a couple weeks?

nayenezgani likes this.
  20. metalgear

metalgear Johnny Morrison

we should. he deserves it. and it would bump up his value, and i expect some club would sooner than later.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  21. harr1984

harr1984 Paul Stalteri

Genuine rumours sure, one article from that source you can barely qualify as a rumour:D Its been proven the vast majority of rumours are BS, I'd imagine that site has a near 400% success rate.....