• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

It was a rhetorical question. To be honest, I am struggling to think of a striker who has come joined a club in January recently and made an immediate impact. Gudjohnsen is the last that I can think of but I am sure that someone with a better memory than me will be able to reel some off.

I don't think anyone settles quickly really. Especially into a system like ours.

Whoever we sign won't have an impact till next season, whether they cost £5m or £50m

Alli had the attributes to be a good player and was ripping up the league, how is Dembele doing in the championship? i heard he is average at best.

You clearly have a hard on for dembele so you will back this signing all the way but i do not see him being good enough.

Alli was ripping up League 1. It was Pritchard who was standing out in the Championship

Dembele didn't start today (though was an used sub). Don't know if there's anything that can be read into that?

Alli had the attributes to be a good player and was ripping up the league, how is Dembele doing in the championship? i heard he is average at best.

You clearly have a hard on for dembele so you will back this signing all the way but i do not see him being good enough.

I haven't seen him myself, but 9 goals in 21 starts in the Championship for mid-table/lower half Fulham seems rather good to me.

We secure a decent prospect at a very good price. If we sign him now, I doubt that he would feature much in the second half of the season, so he would be better getting games for Fulham.

If we sign him now when we would obviously have the option to leave him at Fulham where he's getting regular games and goals at a good level wouldn't that indicate that the club thinks he can at least do a job this season?

Again, what period are we judging this potential signing over? Is he going to come in and win us the League? Very unlikely. Is he a player with a lot of potential, available at a decent price? Yes.

Just because we find overselves fourth in January in a topsy turvy league, it does not mean that we should throw out the long term thinking strategy that has got us here.

Spot on.

If we sign him now when we would obviously have the option to leave him at Fulham where he's getting regular games and goals at a good level wouldn't that indicate that the club thinks he can at least do a job this season?

I would have thought that at least part of a reason for signing him now (if indeed we are trying to) is that we may face less competition than when he is a free agent in the summer.

Well he is only 19 and scored 11 goals in 26 games for Fulham this season, hardly average.

At the very least he is doing better than Harry Kane was doing at the same age. Besides when you sign a 19 year old I would suggest potential ability is more important than current ability

I would have thought that at least part of a reason for signing him now (if indeed we are trying to) is that we may face less competition than when he is a free agent in the summer.

I was talking about signing him this January and leaving him on loan at Fulham for the rest of the season. Compared to signing him and bringing him into our squad right now. Wasn't entirely clear in my wording though, my bad.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 31s31 seconds ago
We understand representatives of Fulham striker Moussa Dembele are in talks with Wolfsburg and Monaco. #SSNHQ

Onto the next target then.
The word on the street with this one is that Fulham's preference isto sell him to us, keep him on loan for the rest of this season and also take another one of ours on loan (they would like Winks).

However the player (or more pertinently, his representatives) know that he can walk away to an overseas club at the end of this season for a tribuneral fee that is likely to be < £500k.

I think Dembele is a deal that we can get over the line, but we may have to pay more in wages than we were wanting to, due to his contract situation.

The word on the street with this one is that Fulham's preference isto sell him to us, keep him on loan for the rest of this season and also take another one of ours on loan (they would like Winks).

However the player (or more pertinently, his representatives) know that he can walk away to an overseas club at the end of this season for a tribuneral fee that is likely to be < £500k.

I think Dembele is a deal that we can get over the line, but we may have to pay more in wages than we were wanting to, due to his contract situation.

Winks is not in the squad for todays U-21 game......................................................................................................

Back