• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

Thanks. What do they (ST holder friends and coaches) say about him in terms of what he'd bring to our team if he joins?

I've spoken to a couple of mates who follow Championship clubs (not Fulham) about him and both of them said that he hasn't impressed them when they have seen him but he is young and if we are buying him, a lot of that will be on his promise.

The Standard says tonight that Fulham want £6m for him this month

We'd probably end up paying about £4m at a tribunal in the summer anyway.

Very decent price compared to what the likes of Afobe and Berahino are going for

We'd probably end up paying about £4m at a tribunal in the summer anyway.

Very decent price compared to what the likes of Afobe and Berahino are going for

Maybe they would take £4m now and a loan back for the rest of the season. I think that would probably suit everyone.

The difference being that Afobe and Berahino are more likely to be ready to make a contribution in the second half of the season, if they came in now, and obviously, have longer to run on their contracts.

How exactly would that suit us? We need a striker now.

We secure a decent prospect at a very good price. If we sign him now, I doubt that he would feature much in the second half of the season, so he would be better getting games for Fulham.

We secure a decent prospect at a very good price. If we sign him now, I doubt that he would feature much in the second half of the season, so he would be better getting games for Fulham.

And who do we play when Kane is injured or tired or just off form?

Looking at opinions, he is obviously not good enough to be back up for Kane so this player does not excite me at all.

Lets stop beating around the bush and get a decent back up who can score goals.

That's all nice, but we still would have a huge issue at striker, we would still need one. Seems like a bit of a waste that we would finally have a back-uo for Kane and then not being able to use him.

Last edited:
@NaijaSpurs @Coys300 that wasn't meant to be comment on whether we have sufficient cover for Kane, just an assessment on where I think Dembele is and whether he would make a contribution this season. I could be wrong of course.

Looking at opinions, he is obviously not good enough to be back up for Kane so this player does not excite me at all.

Do you want our transfer activity to focus on the here and now rather than the future?

Do you want our transfer activity to focus on the here and now rather than the future?

Well when we have a massive chance of getting top 4 football then yes. A back up to Kane is more important imo. If we sign him plus another than that's fine with me but if we are going to risk this lad instead of a proven goal scorer than i do not agree with it.

Well when we have a massive chance of getting top 4 football then yes. A back up to Kane is more important imo. If we sign him plus another than that's fine with me but if we are going to risk this lad instead of a proven goal scorer than i do not agree with it.

Who said that it was either or though?

If we want someone to come in and make an immediate impact, are we limiting it to players who are already playing in the PL?

Like 6 months ago Alli wasn't good enough to be back-up for Mason?

Or 18 months ago Dier wasn't good enough to be back-up for Verts, Kaboul and Fazio?

Who said that it was either or though?

If we want someone to come in and make an immediate impact, are we limiting it to players who are already playing in the PL?

Like Vorm, Trippier, Davies etc? Who took longer to settle than most players who come from abroad.

Like Vorm, Trippier, Davies etc? Who took longer to settle than most players who come from abroad.

It was a rhetorical question. To be honest, I am struggling to think of a striker who has come joined a club in January recently and made an immediate impact. Gudjohnsen is the last that I can think of but I am sure that someone with a better memory than me will be able to reel some off.

It was a rhetorical question. To be honest, I am struggling to think of a striker who has come joined a club in January recently and made an immediate impact. Gudjohnsen is the last that I can think of but I am sure that someone with a better memory than me will be able to reel some off.

Jelavic in 2011-2012 springs to mind.

Like 6 months ago Alli wasn't good enough to be back-up for Mason?

Or 18 months ago Dier wasn't good enough to be back-up for Verts, Kaboul and Fazio?

Alli had the attributes to be a good player and was ripping up the league, how is Dembele doing in the championship? i heard he is average at best.

You clearly have a hard on for dembele so you will back this signing all the way but i do not see him being good enough.

Alli had the attributes to be a good player and was ripping up the league, how is Dembele doing in the championship? i heard he is average at best.

You clearly have a hard on for dembele so you will back this signing all the way but i do not see him being good enough.

Again, what period are we judging this potential signing over? Is he going to come in and win us the League? Very unlikely. Is he a player with a lot of potential, available at a decent price? Yes.

Just because we find overselves fourth in January in a topsy turvy league, it does not mean that we should throw out the long term thinking strategy that has got us here.

Back