• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

But that makes even less sense if they had just signed another striker on loan. If they were originally prepared to sell him to us outright and then signed another striker on loan to cover this, what made them change their mind at the 11th hour?

I think that you must've cone into this discussion half way through and missed the thread.

It doesn't matter really.... We'll have to pay a fee set by a tribuneral this summer. If we wanted to bring him in this summer all along then I think we would've simply agreed to the deal where we bought him and then loaned him back to Fulham.
Yes but this way we get to try and sell the club to the player before any one else gets the chance

Yes but this way we get to try and sell the club to the player before any one else gets the chance

If we are planning to sign him in the summer anyway why not just complete the deal now if everything was agreed in that case?

I think what happened is Fulham didn't want to sell him now but agreed to a loan back deal, we just went along with that but always planned a last minute change of heart in the hope they would begrudgingly accept

If we are planning to sign him in the summer anyway why not just complete the deal now if everything was agreed in that case?

I think what happened is Fulham didn't want to sell him now but agreed to a loan back deal, we just went along with that but always planned a last minute change of heart in the hope they would begrudgingly accept
I think you are bang on the money here mate.

Celtic have joined the list of clubs tracking French scoring sensation Moussa Dembele.

Fresh from securing young left-back Kieran Tierney on a new five-year deal on Friday, manager Brendan Rodgers is turning his attention to the 19-year-old striker who is out of contract at Championship Fulham following 17 goals in all competitions last season.

Despite Dembele having been linked with a raft of clubs including Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, Juventus and his former employers Paris Saint Germain, Sportsmail understands that the Scottish champions are the latest to register an interest.

Rodgers is actively seeking reinforcements in attack following the departures of Anthony Stokes, Colin Kazim-Richards and Carlton Cole.

Dembele, a French international at under-20 level, arrived ast Craven Cottage from PSG in 2012.

As he is under 24, any successful move for the forward would require a compensation payment to Fulham of around £250,000. However, the fee would be a fraction of what Celtic might expect to pay for a contracted player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nham-trail-Fulham-striker-Moussa-Dembele.html

Whats going on? Why are we not going for the players we wanted 6/12 months ago? We going for bigger and better now?

I'm not particularly surprised. Our need was dire in January, and that was when a move for him made sense, given that Fulham fans were mentioning then that he was *very* raw and needed to work on his defensive contributions and teamwork. Now, we have far better to choose from as a result of our participation in the CL and the relative luxury of available time, so he's off the list.

More surprised that Celtic picked him up, given how highly he seemed to be rated despite what Fulham fans were saying.

Well if he is as good as the guys say then he will score a bag full in a poor lge, then he will be in big demand next summer.

Well if he is as good as the guys say then he will score a bag full in a poor lge, then he will be in big demand next summer.

Not necessarily. There's a balance between doing well in a poor league and doing well in *so* poor a league for so dominant a team that it ceases to have any meaning. I don't think anyone will be rushing to give Ronny Deila a job, for example, despite his league titles with Celtic.

Not necessarily. There's a balance between doing well in a poor league and doing well in *so* poor a league for so dominant a team that it ceases to have any meaning. I don't think anyone will be rushing to give Ronny Deila a job, for example, despite his league titles with Celtic.

If he scores 20 plus goals he will be in demand , as for Delia i do not remember him scoring any. Compering chalk to cheese.

If he scores 20 plus goals he will be in demand , as for Delia i do not remember him scoring any. Compering chalk to cheese.

Well, we'll see. Personally I find it unlikely - I remember Kris Boyd being top scorer for Rangers in each of his six seasons there (scored 20 to 25 goals each season), and all that got him was a move to Middlesbrough, which then quickly devolved further into a loan move to Forest just six months later and eventually a return to Rangers.

Well, we'll see. Personally I find it unlikely - I remember Kris Boyd being top scorer for Rangers in each of his six seasons there (scored 20 to 25 goals each season), and all that got him was a move to Middlesbrough, which then quickly devolved further into a loan move to Forest just six months later and eventually a return to Rangers.

You may be right but Dembélé is younger ( 19) and from what his coaches ( at Fulham) have said his all round game is good and they expect him to go far. We shall see.

There has been a few decent players coming out of Celtic the last few years - Wanyama being one, and Van Dijk another. It's not a graveyard of talent and with Rangers back in the division it will be a little more character building this season for sure.

More to do with Boyd having a terrible attitude to hard work and being home sick

There has been a few decent players coming out of Celtic the last few years - Wanyama being one, and Van Dijk another. It's not a graveyard of talent and with Rangers back in the division it will be a little more character building this season for sure.
Agree, Fraser Foster came to prominence there as well.

Oh, yeah, it's not like the Scottish leagues are devoid of talent or talented players, just that scoring 20-odd goals in the SPL or doing well overall doesn't automatically translate to success in other leagues (even leagues less competitive than the PL) - there will likely be a lot of extra scouting done when any team buys a player from the SPL or equivalent leagues, and for good reason.

Last edited:
Back