• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

Regardless of Fulham's situation, what incentive is there for the player to agree to a move early when he had numerous big clubs fighting for his signature, several bigger clubs rumoured to be monitoring the situation and him being in an even stronger position in the summer?

Eh? What? He had a medical: he already agreed to terms. Don't tell me even this is now some superhuman, herculean task that our glorious staff members at the club were unable to do, and that we should be thankful to them for even agreeing to attempt such a thing.

I don't know why we as a fan base deliberately want to paint transfers as being harder than they are, when hundreds of teams across Europe get them done with less drama than we do sometimes. Is it just to provide a flimsy excuse for when we let ourselves down in the market (as we've done yet again)?

Stoke signed Giannelli Imbula for a club record bid, for Christ's sake, and here we are trying to make ourselves believe that we can't even secure some barely-developed 19-year old on the Championship six months into his first-team career and with six months left on his contract.

What honestly is the purpose behind such reasoning?

Eh? What? He had a medical: he already agreed to terms. Don't tell me even this is now some superhuman, herculean task that our glorious staff members at the club were unable to do, and that we should be thankful to them for even agreeing to attempt such a thing.

I don't know why we as a fan base deliberately want to paint transfers as being harder than they are, when hundreds of teams across Europe get them done with less drama than we do sometimes. Is it just to provide a flimsy excuse for when we let ourselves down in the market (as we've done yet again)?

Stoke signed Giannelli Imbula for a club record bid, for Christ's sake, and here we are trying to make ourselves believe that we can't even secure some barely-developed 19-year old on the Championship six months into his first-team career and with six months left on his contract.

Alright, I've read your loud and incessant whinging over a few threads now mate. Why don't you explain what the club should've done versus what they did do? It appears you know more than you're letting on...

I'll come back to my earlier comment. What makes no Sean's is that he is one for the future yet not signing him now has out that at risk

Even If we had to loan him back it would have been a great signing as here was a developing player in the Kane mould and perfect for us

Now we may not get him at all and we will still have to pay money out

The whole think makes no sense for a player I assumed was our main option

Alright, I've read your loud and incessant whinging over a few threads now mate. Why don't you explain what the club should've done versus what they did do? It appears you know more than you're letting on...

Why don't I explain what...oh, lord. Have you even skimmed the posts you refer to as 'loud and incessant whinging', or have you now also adopted the habit of blindly frothing at the mouth when faced with apparent criticism of the club and its workings, in some strange, cult-like monomania when it comes to Levy, Poch (in particular), Mitchell and the rest of the staff?

Wouldn't surprise me, honestly: mate, I may have changed over the years in terms of my temperament on this forum, but you have too. And in a similar way, I'd suggest: only, I've accepted it, and I don't know if you have.

Edit: did you even read the post you quoted and the post it was responding to? It talked about Dembele having already agreed terms prior to showing up for a medical: it was reported by every paper and reported in the land (Lyall included). @milo questioned why he would agree terms with us in January: I pointed out that he already had, and that us fans making mountains out of molehills when it comes to our transfers is just baffling: we can pull off a transfer like Dembele's at the least, no problem, and it's strange why we would pretend otherwise unless it's to rationalise our failure to push deals like this over the line.

What on Earth are you foaming at the mouth over in that post?

Last edited:

The argument was that this deal should have been wrapped up early in the window. I am saying why should the player agree to that when they do not know what other offers could come in or whether other interest could improve the offers they receive. Their agent would not be doing their job properly if they let them do that.

Me thinks you are probably wasting you breathe @milo

Some people will always feel slighted in the transfer window.

As we are not privy to the details of these deals, we are then surely guessing to the reasons for what finally transpired.

Norwich tonight! COYS

Last edited:
If we wanted to wait until his contract ran down we had to wait until may to speak to him. Being a cynic could it all have been a way to chat earlier to the player before other English clubs

If we wanted to wait until his contract ran down we had to wait until may to speak to him. Being a cynic could it all have been a way to chat earlier to the player before other English clubs
It doesn't matter really.... We'll have to pay a fee set by a tribuneral this summer. If we wanted to bring him in this summer all along then I think we would've simply agreed to the deal where we bought him and then loaned him back to Fulham.

We were working on Wimmer last January, but ended up signing him in May (before the next window opened)
Good point. Fulham will be desperate to sell him to us (or any other English team) as the player is now ripe to sign a pre-contract for a (pretty much) free transfer to the continent.

Regardless of Fulham's situation, what incentive is there for the player to agree to a move early when he had numerous big clubs fighting for his signature, several bigger clubs rumoured to be monitoring the situation and him being in an even stronger position in the summer?

This could be said about any of our transfer targets now; "why go in early when there are big BIG clubs after such a target and could blow us out the water" (in this case no more than a talented 19 yo; we're not talking the next Ronaldo here btw); We as a club can offer the incentive to sign-up early; we are fourth, give young players a good chance to blossom AND are on the rise.
If we can't go in early in our situation and for a player at his level with his contract situation then we may as well not ever expect any deals to sealed before the last two days of ANY window...

Is it that hard to accept that Fulham's situation changed from November until now. They were safe in midtable when this deal originated. Now it looks like they are in a real threat of going down.
No fee that we could pay would be worth it for them if being without Dembele sends them down. There was nothing we could do if we wanted him as back up for Kane.

The argument was that this deal should have been wrapped up early in the window. I am saying why should the player agree to that when they do not know what other offers could come in or whether other interest could improve the offers they receive. Their agent would not be doing their job properly if they let them do that.

Similar arguments can be made for every player we've signed, you know: yet we've signed our fair share of players early in windows.

Is it that hard to accept that Fulham's situation changed from November until now. They were safe in midtable when this deal originated. Now it looks like they are in a real threat of going down.
No fee that we could pay would be worth it for them if being without Dembele sends them down. There was nothing we could do if we wanted him as back up for Kane.

The point is, if we're being confounded by Championship Fulham over a 19-year-old kid with six months left on his contract after finally swinging into action in the dying days of the window (and after agreeing a fee that is absolutely piddling, insubstantial), then something is wrong, given that smaller clubs have pulled off bigger deals with more ease.

Sigh. Close it up,anyway: the opinions have calcified, and the 'I'm a better fan' phalanx (not necessarily you or @milo) seems to have arrived. Best to try to forget this shambles of a window, and turn to praying we stay lucky for the rest of this season. I intend to try just that.

Similar arguments can be made for every player we've signed, you know: yet we've signed our fair share of players early in windows.

Of course but this one ran into complications because Fulham wanted him back on loan and we were not willing to agree to that. I cannot see a lot of middle ground there and as Fulham brought in a striker on loan yesterday, that does not seem to have been the barrier.

Of course but this one ran into complications because Fulham wanted him back on loan and we were not willing to agree to that. I cannot see a lot of middle ground there and as Fulham brought in a striker on loan yesterday, that does not seem to have been the barrier.

Then what in your opinion was the reason this deal failed to go through?

Then what in your opinion was the reason this deal failed to go through?

I thought that I'd said that in the post you quoted. I assume that what the press reported was true. Fulham wanted him back on loan and we wanted him to join us immediately.

I thought that I'd said that in the post you quoted. I assume that what the press reported was true. Fulham wanted him back on loan and we wanted him to join us immediately.

But that makes even less sense if they had just signed another striker on loan. If they were originally prepared to sell him to us outright and then signed another striker on loan to cover this, what made them change their mind at the 11th hour?

Back