• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I agree, we have seen a remarkable progress in his play . I hope it's due to his change in position , and not a fluke :) .

But I will be very wary to say that he has become an excellent player again . I had all the love in the world for Dembele when we signed him, I had seen him at Fulham and thought he was an amazing player. And he started very brightly for us to. But then he just kind of faded away .

Demebele is the most frustrating player we have had in Tottenham in my eyes, on his day he is world class, so calm on the ball, strong and he can just breeze past players "Toure style" . He is probably the most gifted player in our team, so athletic .

But it just looks like he can't be bothered sometimes, always slowing down play and taking the "easy way out" , with a side or backpass. It is a shame, because I really thought we had signed a world class player . But I think the most importatnt think a footballer needs to have is a good "football brain" , a understanding of the game. It doesn't matter how talented you are if you don't have an understanding of the game , which I think Dembele is lacking.

But he has been good in the last two games in his new position, maybe he has gotten a wake up call or just understands Poch and the way he wants him to play ?? Or maybe it's just a fluke , anyways I really don't rate Chadli that high, so for me I want him in the team against the Spammers, because on his day he is unstoppable

Quite frankly i think Dembele is THE man again.

I personally think we have given him his position or at least his section of the pitch where he belongs....further foward / in the final third

Cant believe some of the criticism being levelled at this guy. Crazy

Fully agree AS, this is where he should be playing, he influences the game so much better from there.

Because he's clearly too ponderous and slows all our attacks down by holding on to the ball too long, we're a much better side without him... Apparently!

He would have been my first sub for chadli after an hour.

I think the biggest problem we have with him is that he can not play two games in a week, it is weird but I use to think this last season and now he plays his first two games in a week and he is cack again.

I like Dembele a lot, he's been amazing lately, but he was awful today. Personally I'd have taken off Townsend at HT but couldn't argue with it. But yeah, one bad game, as long as it's not a regular thing in his new position he has a place in our squad into the future

I think people get a bi frustrated with him as he clearly has more talent than his form produces. A bit like Jenas.
As do I. There is a better player in there than we have seen and today aside he has been showing some good form. I just find it ridiculous the amount of vitriol spewed immediately after he has an off game. The guy is obviously clawing his Spurs career back from the brink and everything is not going to be perfect. IMO he has built up a little leeway with some good showings of late, in the same way Eriksen has credits in the bank for his earlier performances.

As do I. There is a better player in there than we have seen and today aside he has been showing some good form. I just find it ridiculous the amount of vitriol spewed immediately after he has an off game. The guy is obviously clawing his Spurs career back from the brink and everything is not going to be perfect. IMO he has built up a little leeway with some good showings of late, in the same way Eriksen has credits in the bank for his earlier performances.

The different is Dembele always takes the safe option whereas Eriksen even when not on form gets on the ball and tries something.

Look at todays passing.
Dembele with 2 forward passes. Lots of safe short passes.

Eg4C0qo.png

Eriksen looking to get the ball into a dangerous area.

vq709ii.png

The different is Dembele always takes the safe option whereas Eriksen even when not on form gets on the ball and tries something.

Look at todays passing.
Dembele with 2 forward passes. Lots of safe short passes.

Eg4C0qo.png

Eriksen looking to get the ball into a dangerous area.

vq709ii.png
Don't get me wrong, I thought he was crap today too. My point is that the criticism he gets is excessive .

The guy should be infinitely better than he is but whether it's desire, mental problem or whatever, he is a serial under performer. He's a senior pro who should be imposing himself on games but rarely does.

And why is that? We all acknowledge he has all the tools in his locker to be ten times better. If he doesn't do, he deserves all the flak he gets
Ten times better?

If you go into the match thread you will see most posters had him in their line up based on his recent good form. After the match some posters were calling for him never to start again. If you can't see how ridiculous those type of comments are then nothing I type here will enlighten you.

He has played what? At least 20 games this season? How many of those has he really played to the level we know he can? two? three? For a guy with his talent, a one in ten performance is simply not good enough.

He has put in some fantastic performances recently, in particular against l'arse and the dippers. Bad day today but it happens. He is an important player for us, he offers strength in the middle of the park, I agree with Rorschach let's not beat him up too much.

Back