• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Thought he was good again today without being outstanding, really like him in the attacking three, said it back in Aug but when he beats his man, which he does often, he's either thru on goal or created a 2 on 1 / 3 on 2 type situation where chances will happen. In centre mid he beats his man but then still got a whole defense facing him.

he is like that big hold up guy up front except that he isn't that big and he holds up the other players by running circles around them.

what he does is draw defenders out so that space opens up. in other words he introduces uncertainty and disrupts the organization of the opponents defence.

He has to play against the stronger sides, he holds the ball up so so well - simply - he is the best dribbler ive seen and by that I mean not run at defenders dribbler but a person who just simply retains the ball and the opposition cant get near him.

He was good today. He will never be the lung busting runner but he will be someone who retains possession and brings others in

Very impressed with him lately - we might just have found the way to get the best out of him

The thing is, eriksen just disappears a little more in the left hand side, and I also think chadli deserves his spot back. Sk can Dembele play the right sided role? Or maybe he's just backup to eriksen, which is also fine.

For me it's just great to see another player come in to good form at a time with so many games. Seems to be enjoying it playing further forward, is almost like a new signing seeing him play at the moment.

The thing is, eriksen just disappears a little more in the left hand side, and I also think chadli deserves his spot back. Sk can Dembele play the right sided role? Or maybe he's just backup to eriksen, which is also fine.

Might just be horses for courses. Against lesser sides, Dembele is taken out of the lineup and Chadli/Lamela/Townsend play instead, in a slightly more attacking team. It's how Fergie used to operate, he'd always pick more workmanlike teams against the better sides.

Might just be horses for courses. Against lesser sides, Dembele is taken out of the lineup and Chadli/Lamela/Townsend play instead, in a slightly more attacking team. It's how Fergie used to operate, he'd always pick more workmanlike teams against the better sides.

Yeah that's probably right. Great to see him finding his place in this squad as I always liked him and wanted to prove his obvious ability. Rodriguez/Mirallas and a winger to replace townsend and paulinho and we'll have 6 quality players for those 3 positions. Or maybe even promote a youth player for the 6th position and bed them in. Pritchard?

He has to play against the stronger sides, he holds the ball up so so well - simply - he is the best dribbler ive seen and by that I mean not run at defenders dribbler but a person who just simply retains the ball and the opposition cant get near him.

He was good today. He will never be the lung busting runner but he will be someone who retains possession and brings others in

This has also been a key element of Kane's game .... I wonder if Harry's been watching and learning. Being a hard working sponge in training is no bad thing.

Last edited:
Still think he's starting to release the ball a bit quicker and with more purpose. A couple of very nice passes to release Rose down the left for example against Arsenal.

Doing well recently, long may it continue.

Very interesting about him playing football on a basket ball court as a kid, where there were no goals so the aim of the game was to dribble your way to the foot of the post that the basketball net was held on and stop it there. I guess that helps to explain his positives and negatives as a player. Doing very well in the ACM role at the moment though I think and is definitely deserving of retaining his place in the team.

I just re-watched the second half of the Arsenal game and while Mousa did hold the ball too long at times I thought he was outstanding overall. Switched positions with Kane and Lamela frequently, hassled Goon players on the ball, made good runs off the ball and as well as playing some tidy passes had a great shot (preceded by a beautiful shoulder drop/shimmy). He appears to be evolving under Poch. Now if he can continue to evolve and add some goals...

Still think he's starting to release the ball a bit quicker and with more purpose. A couple of very nice passes to release Rose down the left for example against Arsenal.

Doing well recently, long may it continue.

in some situations yes, he should release the ball quicker; yet in others i'd wish he'd dribbled the other way because space was opening up. i hope poch persists with him in this role as i think that once there is a better understanding between players, dembele's decision making will improve, and we'll start seeing an end-product as a consequence of players moving into position to receive the ball.

in some situations yes, he should release the ball quicker; yet in others i'd wish he'd dribbled the other way because space was opening up. i hope poch persists with him in this role as i think that once there is a better understanding between players, dembele's decision making will improve, and we'll start seeing an end-product as a consequence of players moving into position to receive the ball.

I agree with this and hope that Mousa, along with many other players, continues to improve under Poch. He has so much potential.

COYS!!!

Back