• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I was a big fan of his when we first signed him, but then went right off him. He's been playing well the last few games though and doing a good job, so hopefully he can keep it up.

He is best in an advanced position. Two assists if you consider eriksen's free kick goal. He was a nightmare for the defenders and opened up spaces for others to run into. I want to see more of Dembele in this position.

He is best in an advanced position. Two assists if you consider eriksen's free kick goal. He was a nightmare for the defenders and opened up spaces for others to run into. I want to see more of Dembele in this position.

Hear, hear!

MOTD showed how he, Lamela and Eriksen were constantly moving and interchanging. They make a great trio with Eriksen's shooting and Dembele's dribbling and superhuman ability to retain possession. If Lamela can unlock the passing that I believe he has in him, that would be a great midfield.

What MOTD showed was the fluidity offered up yesterday between eriksen, Dembele and Lamella

I stand by what I've said for a long time... He could be the best player in the league if he wanted it enough

I have never rated him, despite acknowledging his incredible skill set. He started beautifully and released the ball for Kane's goal masterfully. Thereafter he reverted to type. Holding on to the ball too long and he drifted out of the game.

What has struck me since he has been playing in the attacking positions is that he himself seems to be enjoying his football a lot more. Have to say, he has been great in the hole, and should he keep his place next week and against CFC, I think the amount of movement those players are enjoying between them will make us very hard to shut down as long as the DM slots are held by two of Mason, Bentaleb, Paulinho or Stambouli (i.e. not Capoue)...but he was great Saturday. Must never ever play CM/DM again though.

Arsenal overrun the best midfields and we were overrun by Palace recently. Dembele is a must start in the hole for this reason. His strength and standing tackling will be so important to combat them. Essentially him in a midfield 3 but ahead of Mason and Stambouli/Bentaleb.

Ar5ena1 overrun the best midfields and we were overrun by Palace recently. Dembele is a must start in the hole for this reason. His strength and standing tackling will be so important to combat them. Essentially him in a midfield 3 but ahead of Mason and Stambouli/Bentaleb.

I agree with this. Against Arsenal we must retain possession as much as we can or they will have us in all sorts of trouble. Dembele as one of the 3 AM's will help on this front.

And he appears to have had a bit of a mindset change in his forward passing too. His career with Spurs has been characterised by indecision in the final third IMO. Playing the safe ball when something more adventurous was required. A lot of that I put down to the style AVB imposed on us, but it has taken Poch to wake him from his slumber so to speak. To me he looks to be pretty close to having the right balance in possession now. Prudent when it's required and also more forward thinking. Long may it continue.

Against Ar5ena1 we must retain possession as much as we can or they will have us in all sorts of trouble
I don't agree with this. Watch Arsenal, they will sit back and give us the ball as they did City. They may have spells of possession but it won't be typical Arsenal where they just hog the ball for 60-65% of the time.

I think this version of Arsenal is far more dangerous than one which ponders around with the ball. It's what I prefer from us too, I don't care about possession, I want us to go for the kill every time we bring the ball forward and then if we don't score quickly reset and defend solidly. A little like what we did at the Emirates.

I want us to be a bit more like how Klopp had Borussia Dortmund playing over the past few years. I think by playing players like Mason Pochettino's priority (like Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool) is to transition between attack and defence (and vice versa) as quickly as possible. I don't want us to fanny around with it too much, the possession needs to be meaningful against the better sides.

That being said I still am very tempted by Dembele in this game because he is showing some form, and I do rate him. He can be one of the most ponderous on the ball but as I have said before his attributes really lead me to believe we can utilise him more effectively. He also beefs up our midfield and quickly makes it 3 in the middle when we need to as well when we play him a little further forward.

It's a really interesting dilemma Pochettino has on his hands for the NLD

I don't agree with this. Watch Ar5ena1, they will sit back and give us the ball as they did City. They may have spells of possession but it won't be typical Ar5ena1 where they just hog the ball for 60-65% of the time.

I think this version of Ar5ena1 is far more dangerous than one which ponders around with the ball. It's what I prefer from us too, I don't care about possession, I want us to go for the kill every time we bring the ball forward and then if we don't score quickly reset and defend solidly. A little like what we did at the Emirates.

I want us to be a bit more like how Klopp had Borussia Dortmund playing over the past few years. I think by playing players like Mason Pochettino's priority (like Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool) is to transition between attack and defence (and vice versa) as quickly as possible. I don't want us to fanny around with it too much, the possession needs to be meaningful against the better sides.

That being said I still am very tempted by Dembele in this game because he is showing some form, and I do rate him. He can be one of the most ponderous on the ball but as I have said before his attributes really lead me to believe we can utilise him more effectively. He also beefs up our midfield and quickly makes it 3 in the middle when we need to as well when we play him a little further forward.

I see where you are coming from but I don't think that is going to happen at all. Yesterday they hogged the possession against Villa and were pretty direct and ruthless with it. They're on a good run of form and things are clicking for them so I think we need to deny them as much possession as possible. And by that I don't mean that we fanny about with in an AVB'esque fashion but keep the low percentage balls to a minimum. Play smart. I don't like admitting it but I think they are far closer to Klopp's Dortmund of previous seasons than we are (my favourite other team btw).

Probably the wrong thread but I watched Arsenal attack with pace right through the middle of Villa yesterday over and over. Villa were brick, especially Sanchez who didn't know what was going on, but it might gives us a clue as to what to expect . I would go with Mason and Bentaleb and Dembele in front of them. Stambouli is improving but his mobility is his weakness and it will be exposed ruthlessly by Arsenal's speedy attack.

I see where you are coming from but I don't think that is going to happen at all. Yesterday they hogged the possession against Villa and were pretty direct and ruthless with it. They're on a good run of form and things are clicking for them so I think we need to deny them as much possession as possible. And by that I don't mean that we fanny about with in an AVB'esque fashion but keep the low percentage balls to a minimum. Play smart. I don't like admitting it but I think they are far closer to Klopp's Dortmund of previous seasons than we are (my favourite other team btw).

Probably the wrong thread but I watched Ar5ena1 attack with pace right through the middle of Villa yesterday over and over. Villa were crud, especially Sanchez who didn't know what was going on, but it might gives us a clue as to what to expect . I would go with Mason and Bentaleb and Dembele in front of them. Stambouli is improving but his mobility is his weakness and it will be exposed ruthlessly by Ar5ena1's speedy attack.
Villa had more of the ball yesterday. I agree with your team though. I think numbers in the midfield are key.
Thing is Lamela works his socks off too so I wouldn't mind seeing Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli with Kane either.

Villa had more of the ball yesterday. I agree with your team though. I think numbers in the midfield are key.
Thing is Lamela works his socks off too so I wouldn't mind seeing Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli with Kane either.

That's how you beat Villa. They have no idea what to do with the ball anyway and then you hit them on the counter.

I'm surprised at that but the stats do have them just edging it. It didn't seem like it watching the match. They were turning over possession with alarming regularity from what I can recall.
Eriksen puts a shift in too so maybe an AM trio Eriksen, Lamela and Dembele would give Kane a decent platform.

The first name on my teamsheet on FIFA15 - I do the easy bit of passing when it matters, etc haha.

Love The Mousse! Our best looking player too (you can have your Chadlis) ;)

I don't agree with this. Watch Ar5ena1, they will sit back and give us the ball as they did City. They may have spells of possession but it won't be typical Ar5ena1 where they just hog the ball for 60-65% of the time.

I think this version of Ar5ena1 is far more dangerous than one which ponders around with the ball. It's what I prefer from us too, I don't care about possession, I want us to go for the kill every time we bring the ball forward and then if we don't score quickly reset and defend solidly. A little like what we did at the Emirates.

I feel extremely confident.
With Mason and Bentaleb, we have mobility, strength and aggression, with the front four of Lamela, Dembele and Eriksen plus Kane up top, we have a revolving door of players who are very very hard to track all the time. The key battles for us will be at FB. We have to hope Rose and Walker play to high standards.I genuinely believe we are the better side right now when everyone is playing well on both sides of the ball.

Good again today. I really like him playing in the three behind the forward, especially with Lamela and Eriksen.......very fluid.

Did well again today, I'm eating some humble pie with how he's raised his game since being shifted further forward. Played some nice forward passes too.

One thing I wish he would do more is dribble into the box. A couple of times today, I felt he could really drive in there, he has the skill and size to terrify people when running at them.

Back