• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I'm sure the club have been planning for life after Dembele for awhile -- even if he stays, he has the injury issues. I'd hope that he will stay and eventually take more of a squad player role if his body isn't up to being a starting player so much.

I'm sure the club have been planning for life after Dembele for awhile -- even if he stays, he has the injury issues. I'd hope that he will stay and eventually take more of a squad player role if his body isn't up to being a starting player so much.
If he's looking for a final payday, I doubt we would offer him anything worthwhile if he was just to play when fit. He'd be better off in China.

Brilliant piece in today’s Guardian which outlines the genius and the issues with him. Put simply - brilliant but not quite ruthless enough; explains why he does not use his fantastic shot more...I always wonder what would’ve happened had Poch got to him 5 years earlier..:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-striker-complete-midfielder-fa-cup-tottenham

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I have always thought that Dembele promises so much but does not deliver what he should. He has tremendous ability but so often fails to deliver. ( imo)

That is the point for me, with his ability he should be doing a lot better then that.
To me, the benefits of Dembele are not found in the stats. I think he gives the rest of the team confidence - his ability to dribble out of tight corners and bring the ball forward is unrivaled - and he often provides the pass BEFORE the assist. Obviously with his level of skill he could get more assists and goals...

To me, the benefits of Dembele are not found in the stats. I think he gives the rest of the team confidence - his ability to dribble out of tight corners and bring the ball forward is unrivaled - and he often provides the pass BEFORE the assist. Obviously with his level of skill he could get more assists and goals...

I think for me (unfortunately) he is at a point where against the very best he will get doubled and caught on the ball deep at decisive moments in decisive matches. I always wondered if Onomah was being trained to take over, alas, not so sure now...Moose is a great player but perhaps not always the best for what we need.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Well as we know Stop! Hammer time, but of all our players he is the one who ( imo) is the most frustrating, like i have said he has bags of ability but ( imo) so often does not fulfill what he should do. Add that to his age and also his injury record and i would think/hope that we have a plan for his posistion going forward. Like i say i do not expect that some will agree with me.

Well as we know Stop! Hammer time, but of all our players he is the one who ( imo) is the most frustrating, like i have said he has bags of ability but ( imo) so often does not fulfill what he should do. Add that to his age and also his injury record and i would think/hope that we have a plan for his posistion going forward. Like i say i do not expect that some will agree with me.
I would be shocked if there weren't plans for Dembele's Spurs Demise. That doesn't appear to be how the club is run these days.

There was a great article about exactly this around the Utd, Pool, Arse and Juve games when he was destroying the best midfields in Europe and Arsenal’s

I wonder how Modric's figures stacked up against Dembele's. He always seemed to make the pass for the assist and rarely scored. When he did they tended to be belters mind.

Luka Modric:
2008–2012 Tottenham Hotspur 127 games (13 goals)

Back