• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mortal Delusion

Of course but it's a reasonable sample size to consider
That's if you also agree that the majority of 'neutral' football fans are also sufficiently objective.

I suspect most are not. Maybe if you bring harder evidence to bear, such as goals scored / assists at the top level; which player regularly gets selected over their rivals for their country; WC achievements etc, then maybe we could begin to have a rational discussion?

That's if you also agree that the majority of 'neutral' football fans are also sufficiently objective.

I suspect most are not. Maybe if you bring harder evidence to bear, such as goals scored / assists at the top level; which player regularly gets selected over their rivals for their country; WC achievements etc, then maybe we could begin to have a rational discussion?

It was just a passing comment based on what i believe neutrals think mate - I'm not invested enough in that to take it much further tbh

Especially as i think all 3 walk in to their team

Along similar lines of "delusion" and "how things appear vs reality" I just watched the MotD2 highlights of our game, followed by the Gooner goals which were the most scrappy scuffed goalmouth scramble and a 6 yard header from a set piece... yet their fans are ecstatic whilst ours are exasperated.
We had a good cross from Son which Kane was 3 inches off tapping in.
We had a good break when Son should have slipped in Kane but he chose to pass to Dele, who had a good shot saved.
Kane chipped it to Doherty, who had a good shot saved.
Blah blah, we were not good at all, I agree we were lethargic, negative, no link-up etcetera but that is kinda the Mou Mou way i.e. create 3 or 4 chances, score 2, shut up shop.
If those chances had gone in, Everton heads would have dropped, suddenly we would look like the clever world beaters, rather than the Toffees.
Seems like Mou Mou doesn't want 25 chances of extreme end to end football, he wants a structured, dull game, with 4 chances, and we take one.

Along similar lines of "delusion" and "how things appear vs reality" I just watched the MotD2 highlights of our game, followed by the Gooner goals which were the most scrappy scuffed goalmouth scramble and a 6 yard header from a set piece... yet their fans are ecstatic whilst ours are exasperated.
We had a good cross from Son which Kane was 3 inches off tapping in.
We had a good break when Son should have slipped in Kane but he chose to pass to Dele, who had a good shot saved.
Kane chipped it to Doherty, who had a good shot saved.
Blah blah, we were not good at all, I agree we were lethargic, negative, no link-up etcetera but that is kinda the Mou Mou way i.e. create 3 or 4 chances, score 2, shut up shop.
If those chances had gone in, Everton heads would have dropped, suddenly we would look like the clever world beaters, rather than the Toffees.
Seems like Mou Mou doesn't want 25 chances of extreme end to end football, he wants a structured, dull game, with 4 chances, and we take one.
He wants efficiency and some urgency
Yesterday he got lethargy and complacency
His games and best teams all know this job to a man and stick to it. They maximise teams weaknesses well. His teams have never been ones to have loads of shots from my memory but they rarely I’d ever let teams have good chances
Everton yesterday didn’t make Hugo make one decent save but because of a brilliant cross and great header, coupled with a weak defensive effort form Toby to stop the cross we went behind and the players didn’t know why to do. That’s been a constant for so long now it’s scary but when we go behind we have no one taking the game by the scruff of the neck other than Lo Celso
We did come back vs arse but that was a game that mattered to some of the players egos

I've highlighted what I think a major part of the issue is - they have three central / attacking midfielders in your lineup, we only have one - and he isn't fit. I think we had the same problem as England yesterday - defence not bad, attack outstanding on paper, but no passing midfielders (at 4, 8 OR 10) to tie them together. We need Ndombele AND Lo Celso playing to have any kind of real quality in possession.

Then as Bedford says, there's also the psychological side of things - we've been in a negative place for 12+ months, and as soon as Everton score I'd imagine that negativity immediately comes flooding back into the players' minds and bodies.

This nails it for me, a team always needs balance. Not only do we have no creativity there but we started with no pace there either until Sissoko came on and even he didn't look that fit.

You can compensate a lack of pace with speed of thought, first touch, incisive passing and quick movement etc that top players can provide but we don't have that - I think Le Celso is the closest to it and him and N'Dombele fit together could certainly dominate a midfied.

This nails it for me, a team always needs balance. Not only do we have no creativity there but we started with no pace there either until Sissoko came on and even he didn't look that fit.

You can compensate a lack of pace with speed of thought, first touch, incisive passing and quick movement etc that top players can provide but we don't have that - I think Le Celso is the closest to it and him and N'Dombele fit together could certainly dominate a midfied.
I don’t think they have played a game together yet with Kane up front
I also don’t believe we have seen a fit Lo Celso with a fit Kane yet
Everything for me relies so much on Lo Celso

Back