• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

^I will not blame a player who makes that ultimatum. At the end of the day, for Nabil to improve he has to play. It is ambition. The same way in my workplace, if I am not giving worthwhile development - I am leaving.

But when you are given extra responsibility you have to step up.
If you are inconsistent then you have to recognise that and be content to uses sometimes whilst you work on developing behind the scenes - nothing wrong with that.
Some people get the arrogance of "I'm brilliant, use me" and the opportunity itself is enough to bring out the best (Ronaldo prime example), some are nothing more than arrogant chancers (Taraabt).
I think Bentaleb is in the middle - talented but needs to be in an slightly weaker team and league to develop and flourish (like someone that will flourish in an SME but struggle in a multinational).
It's the right move alround.

But when you are given extra responsibility you have to step up.
If you are inconsistent then you have to recognise that and be content to uses sometimes whilst you work on developing behind the scenes - nothing wrong with that.
Some people get the arrogance of "I'm brilliant, use me" and the opportunity itself is enough to bring out the best (Ronaldo prime example), some are nothing more than arrogant chancers (Taraabt).
I think Bentaleb is in the middle - talented but needs to be in an slightly weaker team and league to develop and flourish (like someone that will flourish in an SME but struggle in a multinational).
It's the right move alround.

One can only improve by getting on the job experience. Nabil was still at an age where he would learn. There is a reason why Bale was moved from LB to LW. Nabil is not and has never been a DM! I have never heard or read any complaints of poor attitude during training.

One can only improve by getting on the job experience. Nabil was still at an age where he would learn. There is a reason why Bale was moved from LB to LW. Nabil is not and has never been a DM! I have never heard or read any complaints of poor attitude during training.
So you have no faith in worldwide training systems such as universities and would see anyone with a bit of talent thrown into high profile meetings every week so they can "learn on the job"?!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Did I say there is no faith in youth training? Real life experience can complement training very well...
No you said only on the job training can foster proper development and linked it to Bentaleb being a bit part player (or as I see it, a young player being given a decent amount of football to develop until they are good to play every week).

No you said only on the job training can foster proper development and linked it to Bentaleb being a bit part player (or as I see it, a young player being given a decent amount of football to develop until they are good to play every week).

I see what you mean. My use of the word 'only improve' referred to the only outcome of such an experience IMHO. It wasnt meant to suggest that the only way one can improve is through on the job experience.

Very good signing for them I think. Making some good moves Everton.

That Finch Farm sponsorship they pulled off with Usmanov's holding company is more than a bit fishy, though. Why sponsor a training ground? And why use it to promote the name of your holding company (USM Holdings, I think), which doesn't need publicity anyway?

I think Everton's owner is good friends with Usmanov, which is where this deal comes from - it concerns me because it is seemingly the rise of another doped-up club that will displace us even further by adding to the list of peer competitors we have to face down.

That Finch Farm sponsorship they pulled off with Usmanov's holding company is more than a bit fishy, though. Why sponsor a training ground? And why use it to promote the name of your holding company (USM Holdings, I think), which doesn't need publicity anyway?

I think Everton's owner is good friends with Usmanov, which is where this deal comes from - it concerns me because it is seemingly the rise of another doped-up club that will displace us even further by adding to the list of peer competitors we have to face down.

I believe that he held shares in Arsenal before buying Everton, so it is very possible.

The Everton owner was his advisor when doing his dodgy dealings to get his money hence why he has a wad himself

It's a completely dodgy deal except the bigger rumour is that Usmanov is selling his stake at the arSe to a Nigerian chap and going to take Everton over fully

That then becomes interesting as he is richer than Roman for example and is happy to spend

Back