• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Pulis has confirmed the bid himself. £13m according to BBC.

I'd be tempted to match it but we're well stocked at CM and I don't see why he'd leave Man Utd to join a team where he won't be guaranteed a starting position.

Pulis has confirmed the bid himself. £13m according to BBC.

I'd be tempted to match it but we're well stocked at CM and I don't see why he'd leave Man Utd to join a team where he won't be guaranteed a starting position.

The boat has sailed for him. Dier has long left him in his wake, and is 5 years younger

Would be a good option if we didn't have Winks coming through - Wanyama/Dier paired with either Dembele/Schneiderlin would cover most eventualities over a season.

Not going to want to hamper Winks' development however, even if it would makes us stronger in the short term

The boat has sailed for him. Dier has long left him in his wake, and is 5 years younger
Personally I'm not sure that Dier is a better player than Schneiderlin, not clearly better anyway. That doesn't mean that I think we should sign Schneiderlin as I don't see that being a priority position for us seeing as we already have Wanyama as an excellent first choice for that position with Dier as extremely decent quality back-up.

If signing anyone either this January or in the Summer (outside of a talented youngster such as Sessegnon from Fulham) I would want us to look to put all funds towards a real game-changer of a player.... A James Rodruiguez type. I know it's probably a pipe dream that we could attract/afford such a player, but that is the one thing that our squad is currently lacking.

I personally would go for him at £13m. Whilst it isn't an area that needs any real surgery, its a player we had real interest in and is PL proven with a relationship with Poch. Players like that don't come round often at that sort of price and he would increase our depth quality wise going forward.

I personally would go for him at £13m. Whilst it isn't an area that needs any real surgery, its a player we had real interest in and is PL proven with a relationship with Poch. Players like that don't come round often at that sort of price and he would increase our depth quality wise going forward.
I get your point and before Wink's rise to prominence I would have agreed with you. Now I'm not so sure he is required. His wages too would probably kibosh any deal.

He's a distributor from deep, and combines Dier and Dembele's roles, IMO, given that he did, when on form, drive Soton forward in a similar manner to how Dembele now carries us forward - while staying solid at the back to boot.

Still, I think we're in no major need of reinforcements in the CM/ DM positions right now. I'll break with the seemingly popular opinion and state that I'm not exactly sure what Winks *does* as of yet - as in, I'm not sure if he's a distributor like Luka, a dribbler like Dembele, a destroyer like Dier or just a Mason/Carroll-esque mix of two or more roles. Still, he's more than adequate cover for Dembele, whatever his role - that lessens our need for Schneiderlin or a player like him.

Back