• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mohamed Diame

5 mill for him? Would be a good deal. Can replace Parker/Livemore.

I'm usually not keen on buying (not young) squad players, as opposed to first 11 players who will relegate current starters to the bench.

But putting it that way I can see it making sense - Sandro cover for no outlay and less wages.

I think Hudd will go to Fulham though.

I think he's good, can do a bit of everything, would fit in well.

Reportedly he's asking for silly wages though, at least that was the claim in January. He had a release clause of between £3m and £4m, several clubs showing their interest, but no one willing to pay his wages.

I remember reading reports saying that he would want around £90k p/w, that's almost £19m over 4 years. Transfer fee, agent fees, sign on fees etc and that probably ends up being over £25m total over 4 years. If at any point it doesn't work out for him we would likely be in a bit of a jam as getting rid of him would be difficult since clubs would struggle to match his wages.

Also, if he does sign a 4 year contract, what do we do in 2 years if he's managed to grab a regular spot in the starting line-up? Offer him even more money to sign an extension? Or are we forced to wait around until his contract runs out again whilst his agent is in the media trying to build interest from other clubs?

If we could find a player that would accept £50k p/w we could probably spend £12-15m on his transfer fee and end up with the same total cost after 4 year. But be in a much better situation a couple of years down the line with much more room to maneuver. I think those kinds of wages are realistic if we find players in slightly smaller leagues.

As a direct real-life comparison Modric was reportedly on just £30k p/w when he first signed for us, making that total deal over 4 years cheaper than the Diame deal would be if the reported fee and wage claims are correct. That also allowed us to offer him a much improve contract that he then signed when it turned out he was awesome.

£90k won't be much more than the combined wages of Parker (£60k) and Livermore (c.£15k?).

He'd be cheaper than McCarthy anyway, who is the other player of this ilk we've been linked to

Casemiro, Nampalys Mendy, Sven Bender, Gonalons some of the cheaper options from abroad maybe?

£90k won't be much more than the combined wages of Parker (£60k) and Livermore (c.£15k?).

He'd be cheaper than McCarthy anyway, who is the other player of this ilk we've been linked to

Casemiro, Nampalys Mendy, Sven Bender, Gonalons some of the cheaper options from abroad maybe?

I'm not saying that we can't afford his wages if we really want him, I'm just saying that he won't be the "cheap deal" he will doubtlessly be reported as being should we (or some other club) sign him. Unless he decides to drop his wage demands significantly. And I'm not sure he's good enough to spend that kind of money on.

I've only seen Bender out of the players you mention, I don't think us signing him is very likely with him being a BvB regular. Perhaps his brother Lars would be more likely.

I don't see Diame as an out and out defensive midfielder like Bender and Parker though. Seems much more like a box-to-box player to me. Perhaps he could be told to sit back and defend, not sure if he's that kind of disciplined player though. Could be.

At 90k he'd be on more than Sandro. Would be insane to have the backup on higher wages.

Nah, he's not worth those wages no matter what his transfer fee might be. Sounds like he rates himself rather highly.

As a Parker replacement I'd love us to try and snag Cabaye off Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Like Diame he has a bit of everything too, though I imagine the upfront cost would be well more than 5mil touted for Diame.

I see Diame as more of a Jenas that acctually does something than a Cabaye. I'd much rather have Cabaye, not as much about power and atlethesism, but more about bringing other people into the game. Would love it if we signed Cabaye.

Actually I don't see Cabaye as a like for like replacement for Parker, nor Diame for that matter, but he's a player I would love to see fill a midfield berth in our squad.

Back