• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mohamed Diame

If we got Diame in, we wouldn't need a creative midfielder so much, we'd just play pretty much the way we're playing now, but with more back up in Daime to help that 'solid way' continue.

A striker is what we need most of all.

If we got Diame in, we wouldn't need a creative midfielder so much, we'd just play pretty much the way we're playing now, but with more back up in Daime to help that 'solid way' continue.

I believe creativity is what the team desperately needs to take the next step. We have created the highest amount of attempts but the lowest amount of clear cut chances among the top teams. IMO that is caused by a lack of creativity in the final third. I agree that we need an upgrade on Defoe and Adebayor, I just think the lack of penetration should be the priority.

I believe creativity is what the team desperately needs to take the next step. We have created the highest amount of attempts but the lowest amount of clear cut chances among the top teams. IMO that is caused by a lack of creativity in the final third. I agree that we need an upgrade on Defoe and Adebayor, I just think the lack of penetration should be the priority.

Agreed to an extent. But a proper creative passer can only be as good as the players around, and especially in front of him. The addition of a striker with great movement would make as big a difference as the addition of a creative midfielder to our ability to create clear cut chances. Add both such players, however, and we'd really be going places.

Agreed to an extent. But a proper creative passer can only be as good as the players around, and especially in front of him. The addition of a striker with great movement would make as big a difference as the addition of a creative midfielder to our ability to create clear cut chances. Add both such players, however, and we'd really be going places.

This, some of the half chances would become clear cut due to the movement and ability of said striker.

Really weird story this, we apparently decide we are going to go for him on the day that he releases a statement saying he's happy at West Ham?

Also, am getting slightly concerned that we may not be going for the players AVB wants but rather loading up our squad on 'good deals' and then hoping the coaching staff get something good out of them.

I haven't paid much attention to that theory so far but if we do this it would seem like it might be true. I mean, Sig was a good deal but I thought it was because he would be suited to a possession game. Dempsey had a contract situation. So does Holtby. Ahh I dunno.

Really weird story this, we apparently decide we are going to go for him on the day that he releases a statement saying he's happy at West Ham?

Also, am getting slightly concerned that we may not be going for the players AVB wants but rather loading up our squad on 'good deals' and then hoping the coaching staff get something good out of them.

I haven't paid much attention to that theory so far but if we do this it would seem like it might be true. I mean, Sig was a good deal but I thought it was because he would be suited to a possession game. Dempsey had a contract situation. So does Holtby. Ahh I dunno.

I remember watching the interview with David Gill only a few days ago saying Man U will not be buying Zaha in this transfer window.

Lot's of people talk serious amount of brick.

Right now he's either

staying with West Ham
close to joining Tottenham
having a medical with Arsenal
in talks with Villa
or on his way to Schalke as they've just triggered his release clause.

All this courtesy of twitter.

We'd just play 3 CMs with no real creativity and rely solely on Bale catching teams on the break?

A ballplaying CM has to be our absolute priority.

Ade, Dempsey and Defoe is fine for forwards till the summer.

We'd just play 3 CMs with no real creativity and rely solely on Bale catching teams on the break?

No way. Ade is off form and away, Defoe is off form too and Clint doesn't play well up top imo.

Strikers win games. Nothing is better than having someone who guarantees goals. That Demba Ba signing for Chelsea could be huge. Thank goodness for Torres

If you have an 'RVP' you don't need to create as many chances to begin with.

And no, we wouldn't just be relying on Bale. Just as we haven't thus far this season. Which thus far we have very rarely played with a ball playing CM.

No way. Ade is off form and away, Defoe is off form too and Clint doesn't play well up top imo.

This too. Dempsey excelled last year when he played on the left, not up front. Were playing a very dangerous game by not getting another striker in, especially if Arsenal get Villa.

Fair enough, but I don't. I think a striker is the top priority. I'm not sure what the stats are re clear cut chances and how they're defined, but we are creating plenty of chances and not putting them away.

How many has Ade missed alone, and some of them have to be clear cut chances. JD's missed plenty too, some of them clear cut I'm sure.

If we don't get a creator in, I'll happily take Diame.

I disagree with every line of this post :)

I don't see that at all, considering how well the summer signings have done combined with how much praise Freund is heaping on Holtby it seems to me fairly obvious that while e are looking for good deals, we're looking for good deals that fit the club.

We have also seen some real consistency in the types of players being brought in and most here seem to think that they are part of a plan where AVB is putting together a team that might end up as more than the sum of its parts.

To not look for good deals in our position would be ridiculous. We simply cannot go toe to toe for the big money, high profile transfers with clubs that have revenues dwarfing ours.

Levy has also shown, particularly with Dembele that when the right player for the right price is a fairly big money player he will move and get that player as long as we can afford him.

Back