• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric

He'd have to be very affordable and agree to work on his diving.

I'd be happy to have him. We wouldn't be leaning on him like his first stint, when he was needed every minute possible. Great talent and game mentality, especially useful around the training ground. Only niggling worry would be that we'd work a deal to get him and Chelsea tinkle in the soup.

I think his diving is pretty good, really sells having his legs taken away with that double knee land he does.

A joy to watch. Whenever I see him play for Madrid, I can't help to think he arrived at Spurs just a little too soon. Imagine him in our current side... :eek:

I wonder if Modric would be tempted to come back to Spurs. I don't think he'd handle playing every week necessarily, particularly with the demands Poch puts on players and how physical the game is in EVERY game compared to La Liga. But he'd be worth his weight in gold on the training pitch and in the dressing room, then to be able to bring him in for big games as well would be brilliant.

I think we should sign some experience and genuine class in the summer, Modric fits the bill on both counts.

A joy to watch. Whenever I see him play for Madrid, I can't help to think he arrived at Spurs just a little too soon. Imagine him in our current side... :eek:

Or he was a key part of the progression. He was part of the team that made people take note and this surely helped recruitment. Likewise, with Bale.

We are now in a different place, and hopefully much better placed to recruit top players, but we should note that Modric and Bale helped us get to this place. In two ways, their performance with us and with Real.

As a player, I've always had a soft spot for Modric. One of my all-time favourite Spurs players is Ardiles, although there were better players. To see Modric go, especially with the rancour, was disappointing, but seeing him collect multiple CL wins makes it feel a bit better. He was too good for us at that time. Hopefully that will gradually change.

Or he was a key part of the progression. He was part of the team that made people take note and this surely helped recruitment. Likewise, with Bale.

We are now in a different place, and hopefully much better placed to recruit top players, but we should note that Modric and Bale helped us get to this place. In two ways, their performance with us and with Real.

As a player, I've always had a soft spot for Modric. One of my all-time favourite Spurs players is Ardiles, although there were better players. To see Modric go, especially with the rancour, was disappointing, but seeing him collect multiple CL wins makes it feel a bit better. He was too good for us at that time. Hopefully that will gradually change.

Agreed on that. All a part of our evolution, and Modric was an integral part in our first really good team in the PL era.

We were lucky to have him grace WHL for the few seasons that he did, unfortunately it's very unlikely that he'll ever return.. I'd love to break my Modric shirt back out though!

Easily my favourite modern day/PL era Spurs player.. Is he the greatest modern day Spurs player we've seen?

We were lucky to have him grace WHL for the few seasons that he did, unfortunately it's very unlikely that he'll ever return.. I'd love to break my Modric shirt back out though!

Easily my favourite modern day/PL era Spurs player.. Is he the greatest modern day Spurs player we've seen?

Harry Kane is

Kane is the best Spurs player I've seen. Bale is the most exciting and 2nd best imo. King I think would be third. Modric, I never really appreciated enough but I think he would be number 4. Eriksen rounds out the top 5.

I don't even consider the rat faced mercenary bastard to be Spurs. How many seasons? Two? Three? Same deal with Jurgen. I reckon you have to be around for a while longer than that. Great player though.

I don't even consider the rat faced mercenary bastard to be Spurs. How many seasons? Two? Three? Same deal with Jurgen. I reckon you have to be around for a while longer than that. Great player though.
Clive Allen?
Gazza?
Four years, Same as Modric.
Gazza didn't exact protest too much about moving to Lazio either.

Four years and 159 games is enough to be counted as a "Tottenham" player. Longevity is important when considering Tottenham greats but the truly classy players can get included for short stays.

Some other names for comparison:

Jimmy Neighbour (156 games, six years)
Clive Allen 135 (4)
Ginola 127 (3)
Gazza 112 (3) (less games than Sherwood or Adebayor)
Barmby 108 (3)
Berbatov 102 (2)
van der Vaart 78 (2)
Parks 37 (8)

Back