• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

We wont get him if he's after 200k a week!! City bound

This is what is really ruining transfer and wage budgets, that players get paid regardless of results and effort put in. We should employ something like they do to fans, have category A and B opposition. Lose any game, get factory salary. Any draw you'll get factory salary and a bear hug. Win a cat B game, get 50K that week. Beat cat A opposition, you can have 200k and a gold bar stuck up your behind.

Would motivate some players for sure.

@parklane. Good for you. Really not intending to sound rude but I rate him highly just not as much as some obviously. For the record I don't like the guy one bit. I'd like to say that and say that that's not a reason for my above comments. It's my opinion that the guy treated my club disrespectfully in the summer.

However, it's also my opinion that we will be just fine without him.

Fair enough.

Now I can see from your username that you love Luka. But cut the blind love please he's gone missing just as much as the rest if them. For what it's worth, IMHO, he can fudge off. I appreciate his passing but his shooting is appalling and for me he doesn't contribute enough going forward. His distribution is 'ok' nothing more.

His shooting is appaling? Every single one of his goals have been from outside the box this season. Nobody on the squad has more goals from outside the box, except maybe Defoe.

His goal vs. Liverpool
His goal vs. Wolves
His goal vs. Wigan
His goal vs. Bolton

ALL OUTSIDE THE BOX

His shooting may not be the best, but it certainly isnt "appaling". I'm not even going to bother with your comment about his distribution.

Except for a few games, him Lennon and Sandro are the only ones who have stood out as consistent.

Vent your frustration elsewhere.

Last edited:
If he does leave and we can pick up 40mill for him i think Cabaye would be a good replacement for 15 - 20 mill and the other 20 mill could be used on a striker.

xEa12.jpg

if he does go for say 45m,

buy: Ben Arfa (12m), Ba (10m), Sygurdsson (8m), Joe Allen (5m), Dembele (10m), Hoilett (Pennies)

= 6 quality players, 45 million.

I think it is a wee bit arrogant to assume Saudi Sportswashing Machine will sell their best players like Ben Arfa and Ba for instance to sign for a club that will probably not finish more than a point above them. Heck there is no guarantee we will finish above them. There are quite a few French speaking players over there and from what I appear it is a very settled ship.

Luka, Sandro (in the few games he's played) and Lennon are the only ones who have played well during this massive slump.

All the other players can eat shit

If I was Luka Id probably want to leave too. He isnt getting any younger.

Lmao if you think luka has played well during the slump. He has played well in the last three games. Do you not see the difference to how he was playing in the two months before then. I'm afraid your love interest has not played consistently well at all, and to ay so is laughable!!!

I think it is a wee bit arrogant to assume Saudi Sportswashing Machine will sell their best players like Ben Arfa and Ba for instance to sign for a club that will probably not finish more than a point above them. Heck there is no guarantee we will finish above them. There are quite a few French speaking players over there and from what I appear it is a very settled ship.

you're missing the point...

VolSpur

buy: Ben Arfa (12m), Ba (10m), Leandro Damiao (22m), Sygurdsson (8m), Joe Allen (5m), Dembele (10m), Hoilett (Pennies)

= 6 5 quality players, 45 million.

I can keep changing the names around until your happy but the point remains there's players out there who are young and have ability to keep us where we are or even take us higher for a price that makes sense.

If you offered me the above scenario i'd snap your arm off to get it. Replacing 1 with 5 creates so many more positive, attacking options.

Damiao = instant starter (lack of better options once Ade leaves really)
Allen = direct replacement for Modric (not as technically gifted, but its close and has scored same amount of goals)
Sygurdsson = cover for VdV/Modric depending on the system we're playing
Dembele = same as Sygurdsson
Hoilett = cover for Bale/Lennon (for which we have no one*)

Now don't get me wrong, I think Modric's great, but in reality he scores fewer goals than Terry, Vermaelen, and some guy named Jordi Gomez.... sure he's a great passer and keeps things ticking, but are we really going to turn up our noses at 45 million for someone who can pass and keep possession? If we only want that why don't we just buy Barca's B team i'm sure they could fill that role.

*i would say Gio, but 'Arry's obviously thinks hes garbage...

cue someone on somethin about Leandro wanting to go to Juve instead.

His shooting is appaling? Every single one of his goals have been from outside the box this season. Nobody on the squad has more goals from outside the box, except maybe Defoe.

His goal vs. Liverpool
His goal vs. Wolves
His goal vs. Wigan
His goal vs. Bolton

ALL OUTSIDE THE BOX

His shooting may not be the best, but it certainly isnt "appaling". I'm not even going to bother with your comment about his distribution.

Except for a few games, him Lennon and Sandro are the only ones who have stood out as consistent.

Vent your frustration elsewhere.

What about his corners? They certainly are consistent......consistently brick!!! Does he ever beat the first man? Lol.

What about his corners? They certainly are consistent......consistently brick!!! Does he ever beat the first man? Lol.

You should look into supporting Stoke, great corner taking team.

Modric isn't our first choice corner taker, and I agree he isn't great at it. But if he is seen as the best player to take corners when VdV isn't on the pitch doesn't that say just as much about the rest of our players. I don't see people bitching about the corner taking abilities of Lennon, Defoe, Walker, Rose, Ekotto, Parker etc. Surely they aren't any better than Modric or they would actually be taking the corners.

Now I can see from your username that you love Luka. But cut the blind love please he's gone missing just as much as the rest if them. For what it's worth, IMHO, he can fudge off. I appreciate his passing but his shooting is appalling and for me he doesn't contribute enough going forward. His distribution is 'ok' nothing more.

Gulp! ](*,)

buy: Ben Arfa (12m), Ba (10m), Sygurdsson (8m), Joe Allen (5m), Dembele (10m), Hoilett (Pennies)

You are dreaming on some of those values! After this season you can double Ba's value there straight away, and add at least another ?ú5m to Ben Arfa. Chances are both will go for over ?ú20m. Dembele would be in the ?ú12m to ?ú15m range.

You should look into supporting Stoke, great corner taking team.

Modric isn't our first choice corner taker, and I agree he isn't great at it. But if he is seen as the best player to take corners when VdV isn't on the pitch doesn't that say just as much about the rest of our players. I don't see people bitching about the corner taking abilities of Lennon, Defoe, Walker, Rose, Ekotto, Parker etc. Surely they aren't any better than Modric or they would actually be taking the corners.

Great so I would also like us to be more clinical in front of goal, does that mean I should support Chelsea? That's an idiotic comment.

People bitch about Lennon, walker, and rose's crossing abilities all the time! Why do you mention Defoe, he shouldn't be taking corners, he should be in the box to get on the end of them! At least VDV can beat the first man on corners. I actually think ekotto could take a very good corner but he doesn't get given the chance to do so often. People bitch about modric's corners because he persists in taking then when his delivery is ofen crap, why not let someone else do it?

6 quality players and non of them as good as the player we sold.

if carlsberg could waster money and botch up a good thing going

Back