• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Luka, Sandro (in the few games he's played) and Lennon are the only ones who have played well during this massive slump.

All the other players can eat shit

If I was Luka Id probably want to leave too. He isnt getting any younger.

Now I can see from your username that you love Luka. But cut the blind love please he's gone missing just as much as the rest if them. For what it's worth, IMHO, he can fudge off. I appreciate his passing but his shooting is appalling and for me he doesn't contribute enough going forward. His distribution is 'ok' nothing more.

Now I can see from your username that you love Luka. But cut the blind love please he's gone missing just as much as the rest if them. For what it's worth, IMHO, he can fudge off. I appreciate his passing but his shooting is appalling and for me he doesn't contribute enough going forward. His distribution is 'ok' nothing more.

Do you watch anything other then highlights? Seriously?

If at all possible we need to try and keep him. However, I do think we have an issue with balance from the players we have.

I do not believe that Bale or Lennon make good inside forwards in a 4-3-3 or wide men in a 4-5-1. They are out and out wingers and operate best in a 4-4-2. Because Modric doesn't really attack space off the ball, or get forward to support the front men, I am not sure Modric is an ideal central midfielder to have in a 4-4-x formation with two out and out wingers. Ideally you want Modric in a 4-4-2 where one of the wide men cuts infield further up the pitch to offer the support to those front men.

I am also not entirely sure that VDV and Modric are a good fit in a 4-4-x as they both like to drop so deep, both hunt the ball and that kind of leaves us a bit of a mess. If we had just VDV and the players knew he was the creative outlet centrally we may actually play better.

In a pure 4-4-1-1 formation locking up the midfield Keane/Ince style with Sandro/Parker isn't a bad thing if we play two wingers and VDV in front. If we play 4-5-1 then that leaves no place for VDV in my opinion but that is probably the best formation to get the most out of Modric. Basically you have Modric/a DM (Sandro or Parker) and a Lampard/Gerrard style player getting forward. It's very similar to Hoddle's 5-3-2 midfield combo with Freund (Parker), Anderton (Modric) and Poyet (new player!). Maybe VDV could fill that Poyet role, but I still think he drops too deep.

And there is the other option. Walker and Bale would theoretically would make excellent wing backs. 3-5-2 would allow VDV to play up top, allow us to have a striker, and also play Modric, a DM and a box to box midfielder. Problem is you need intelligent pacey centre backs with at least two of them being comfortable in the full back role too.

We'll survive without Modric, just like we did when Carrick went (and to a lesser extent Berbatov). But like the aforementioned players he would be missed and not easily replaced.

Do you watch anything other then highlights? Seriously?

Oh you both know how much I watch do you? Let me tell you if you don't know how much someone watches, coming out with those kinda comments make you come across a bit silly.

For your Info I've watched every minute of every game this season. All saved to a lovely little archive.

Back to my original point and I standby the comment. I love the way he spreads the play but, apart from a few good through balls, his service to the strikers isn't that spectacular.

Anyone wanna show us all a few decent YouTube compilations????????

Oh you both know how much I watch do you? Let me tell you if you don't know how much someone watches, coming out with those kinda comments make you come across a bit silly.

For your Info I've watched every minute of every game this season. All saved to a lovely little archive.

Back to my original point and I standby the comment. I love the way he spreads the play but, apart from a few good through balls, his service to the strikers isn't that spectacular.

Anyone wanna show us all a few decent YouTube compilations????????[/QUOTE]

Do not need to watch Youtube to know how good Modric is, i have been lucky enough to have seen him play live for the vast majotity of his games for Spurs. I can see with my own eyes the way he runs our games.

@parklane. Good for you. Really not intending to sound rude but I rate him highly just not as much as some obviously. For the record I don't like the guy one bit. I'd like to say that and say that that's not a reason for my above comments. It's my opinion that the guy treated my club disrespectfully in the summer.

However, it's also my opinion that we will be just fine without him.

If at all possible we need to try and keep him. However, I do think we have an issue with balance from the players we have.

I do not believe that Bale or Lennon make good inside forwards in a 4-3-3 or wide men in a 4-5-1. They are out and out wingers and operate best in a 4-4-2. Because Modric doesn't really attack space off the ball, or get forward to support the front men, I am not sure Modric is an ideal central midfielder to have in a 4-4-x formation with two out and out wingers. Ideally you want Modric in a 4-4-2 where one of the wide men cuts infield further up the pitch to offer the support to those front men.

I am also not entirely sure that VDV and Modric are a good fit in a 4-4-x as they both like to drop so deep, both hunt the ball and that kind of leaves us a bit of a mess. If we had just VDV and the players knew he was the creative outlet centrally we may actually play better.

In a pure 4-4-1-1 formation locking up the midfield Keane/Ince style with Sandro/Parker isn't a bad thing if we play two wingers and VDV in front. If we play 4-5-1 then that leaves no place for VDV in my opinion but that is probably the best formation to get the most out of Modric. Basically you have Modric/a DM (Sandro or Parker) and a Lampard/Gerrard style player getting forward. It's very similar to Hoddle's 5-3-2 midfield combo with Freund (Parker), Anderton (Modric) and Poyet (new player!). Maybe VDV could fill that Poyet role, but I still think he drops too deep.

And there is the other option. Walker and Bale would theoretically would make excellent wing backs. 3-5-2 would allow VDV to play up top, allow us to have a striker, and also play Modric, a DM and a box to box midfielder. Problem is you need intelligent pacey centre backs with at least two of them being comfortable in the full back role too.

We'll survive without Modric, just like we did when Carrick went (and to a lesser extent Berbatov). But like the aforementioned players he would be missed and not easily replaced.

Keane was one of the most underrated passers for his generation. He hardly ever missed with his passing long or short. Other parts of his game tended to overshadow what he contributed going forward, and his passing, but believe me he didn't get man of match every other game just for his tackling. In some ways Keane was more similar to Modric in his ball retention and recyling of possession. While the Keane/Ince midfield was OK the Keane/Scholes midfield dominated the premiership for years. On our books that is Modric and Hudd, but lets face it they're not as good.

Modric will never be the 15 goal a year midfielder we crave, but that's not what he is about. He's the link man, the man to pass to the free man at the edge of the box, the man to beat the first player. He needs players to feed off him and take their opportunities when they arrive. Bale, Lennon, Ade and VDV need to score more.

Edit: If we sell Modric it will be up there with the most stupid transfers out the club in our history.

Sandro and Parker aren't Keane and Ince. In the 93/94 season they got 17 goals between them. I can't imagine Parker and Sandro getting more than 2.

Sandro and Parker aren't Keane and Ince. In the 93/94 season they got 17 goals between them. I can't imagine Parker and Sandro getting more than 2.

I actually think Sandro could score a few more than he gets. But we can't afford for him to be bombing up the pitch when played alongside Modric. If we want Sandro to get forward like that then he has to be our Vieira and Parker the Gilberto/Petit etc.

If we sell Modric it will be up there with the most stupid transfers out the club in our history.
After last summer's turmoils and us not being able to match his ambitions (given Arsenal doesn't **** it up against WBA), I don't think the club can do much about him leaving, so it wouldn't be as stupid per se.

But it will certainly be the transfer having the biggest impact on us, much more so than Berbatov or even Campbell. He really is that good, and out of our league at present to replace. We will have to restructure our entire midfield and way of play if he goes. Him being the cog, the provider, the driveshaft and the safe performer in the middle has allowed us to finish high up the table despite being spearheaded by dross like Pav and Crouch for several seasons. When Modric doesn't perform, Spurs don't perform. Like today.

I will miss him dearly if he leaves. I'd rather sell Bale than him to be honest.

Think he'll stay if were in the Champions League next season. He'll try and force a transfer again if we don't get CL.

He's an important player for us, but I don't think he's irreplacable. If another club offers us ?ú40-?ú45m, then that is a silly amount of money and would be hard to turn down considering his lack of goals.

Someone like Gyfli Sigurdsson would be a good signing (not saying he's as good as Modric), he seems to be in the right place at the right time, someone on here compared him to Lampard which is an accuarate description IMO. Kagawa from Dortmund gets goals and might be someone worth looking at, different player to Modric as he plays a bit further forward, but we should try and replace him with a midfielder who gets goals, if Modric does leave.

irrespective of what I or you think, those in football such as Harry, Ferguson, etc all rate Modric as world class and it would surprising if he stays after this summer.

If he goes, what about Joe Allen? plays in Modric's position, excellent at recycling, great passer, scores goals, 22 years old...

irrespective of what I or you think, those in football such as Harry, Ferguson, etc all rate Modric as world class and it would surprising if he stays after this summer.

If he goes, what about Joe Allen? plays in Modric's position, excellent at recycling, great passer, scores goals, 22 years old...

Yeah he's one that has been mentioned, think it was more likely when Rodgers was linked with the Spurs job.

Back