• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

And Sky money......

Yeah that helps. If he does still want to join Chelsea then its clear it would be for the money as they hardly look a threat do they? Some will understand his reasoning but it would still leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Yeah that helps. If he does still want to join Chelsea then its clear it would be for the money as they hardly look a threat do they? Some will understand his reasoning but it would still leave a sour taste in my mouth.
I always wonder about this and think how much money does 1 person need, maybe hes doing it for his kids though and setting them up for an easy future in difficult times. Just trying to think of reasoning outside of footballing decisions that arent really greedy.

Isn't he the same as most of us? We all want to be somewhere where we can earn more, achieve more and have a better way of life. At the start if the season Modric had reason to believe that Cheksea would again finish above us and would be the ones challenging for the title, not us. Modric would have wanted to play CL regularly, he deserves to, and he knew Chelsea were a CL regular who appeared almost certain to qualify this year.

Since then, however, we have achieved a lot more than even the boldest optimises could have seen us achieving. So now has stated that he is enjoying his time here as he likely realises that perhaps the pitch isn't greener elsewhere. We only need him to now accept the new contract and prove to us that his future is here before we will totally forgive him.

We want players to love the side as much as we, the supporters, do. Truth is that very few of them will. We will have players join who didn't have feeling for their old team. Likewise we will have players offered exciting deals elsewhere and, hard as it is to accept, they may well be tempted to move. If they do, we move on as fans who will always support the side and in the future we will have another player who we cheer for as loudly as we did the one that departed; it's football, a job for the players, a lifetime for us fans.

We're the fans, we love the club, I expect nothing from a player apart from him being an excellent pro and adhering to his contract, I certainly don't expect loyalty beyond his contract, (it's nice to have though) it's the way of the world we live in at the moment.

So Luka will be on his way out this summer, but do we really need him?

If last year was enough to make him want to leave, this second-half season collapse and probably missing out on the CL will surely make him leave. He probably feels he is in his prime and if he is to play for a consistent title contender, then he has to move now.

In all honestly, I really dont think we need him. Sandro has been immense and will only get better with experience. Take Luka's 30-40mil, buy Hazard, then this even gives us the option of selling Bale (who has been less than stellar this season). If we want to keep Bale, scrap the Hazard idea and use the Luka profit to buy a proper striker, keeper and CB. The 40 mil should be able to cover for 3 players.

-------------Vorm---------------
Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--BAE
-------Parker------Sandro---------
Lennon--------VDV-----------Bale
------------Llorente---------------

We can do just as good, if not better, than this season with that starting lineup.

IMO, even if Modric leaves, we will be fine.

Last edited:
I dread the thought of Parker playing with Sandro in a 2 man CM. Yes Sandro can attack but he doesn't provide the creativity that Modric has. Sandro creates opportunities through brute strength and athleticism. Parker and Sandro is also a combination I do not want to see as they step on each others toes; in fact I do not want to see Parker as a starter for us at all.

I figure even if we make CL, he will not be satisfied with the team's performances and want to leave.

Harry already hinted at this a few weeks ago.

I figure if we get CL, he will not have to move to get CL football.

Harry hints at a lot of things.

it seems Abramovich has a Torres like crush on Modric.....he will get his man eventually

I dread the thought of Parker playing with Sandro in a 2 man CM. Yes Sandro can attack but he doesn't provide the creativity that Modric has. Sandro creates opportunities through brute strength and athleticism. Parker and Sandro is also a combination I do not want to see as they step on each others toes; in fact I do not want to see Parker as a starter for us at all.

Have we all forgot about Hudd's passing? When he is healthy these 3 can rotate given the plan for each match.

You missed out the bit where Hazard doesnt come because he doesnt want to join a team who sell their best players

I think KingDawson said it well. We can live without him. But, MY WORD, he is one hell of a player, and almost any team is better with him than without.

Back