• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Missing football

That’s Naples
That really is
It’s an odd city TBF and not one is recommend to people
Weirdly in the last series when they were in London Genaro met up with Ricky Gervais (was on his Twitter) and I had visions of him doing some kind of cameo in it
Last time I went to Sorrento with the wife, the motorway was closed (yet another mafia union strike).

The driver knew his way around the back streets to get there but fudge, it was a scary drive. I'm sure there's some lovely tourist parts but I won't be returning to the rest of the city in a hurry.

Last time I went to Sorrento with the wife, the motorway was closed (yet another mafia union strike).

The driver knew his way around the back streets to get there but fudge, it was a scary drive. I'm sure there's some lovely tourist parts but I won't be returning to the rest of the city in a hurry.
In Naples?
There isn’t any
Sorrento is ok and nice

Few years ago on a Rome-Naples-Sorrento trip we took a taxi from the train station to our Naples hotel. The driver expressed some concern at where we were staying and told us to be very careful. Raised this with the hotel manager, who told us it was a perfectly safe area...but we should make sure we were back by 9pm of an evening. We spent the first day finding another hotel (the bay area is much nicer) and witnessed a couple sitting at the same outdoor cafe as us getting mugged by a bloke on a bike with a firecracker or something. Loads of history, good access to Pompeii (except when the trains are on strike), great food (pizzas of course exceptional) but a bit of a dump overall and probably not somewhere we'd rush back to.

Few years ago on a Rome-Naples-Sorrento trip we took a taxi from the train station to our Naples hotel. The driver expressed some concern at where we were staying and told us to be very careful. Raised this with the hotel manager, who told us it was a perfectly safe area...but we should make sure we were back by 9pm of an evening. We spent the first day finding another hotel (the bay area is much nicer) and witnessed a couple sitting at the same outdoor cafe as us getting mugged by a bloke on a bike with a firecracker or something. Loads of history, good access to Pompeii (except when the trains are on strike), great food (pizzas of course exceptional) but a bit of a dump overall and probably not somewhere we'd rush back to.
Just stay in sorrento and get the train to Pompeii or Herculaneum (which is better by the way)
We got the train form Rome to Naples to then get the train to Sorento
I knew what Naples was like from previous visits but it took 5 seconds of us on the ticket machine for someone to offer to help... they don’t like it when you tell them no but luckily there was some other tourists for them to harass who were naive

mots literally the worse place in Italy I’ve been. But I’ve only had good experiences in Italy TBF
And if you like driving head for Tremosine and the Strada de la Forra ... it’s by lake Garda and is comfortably the best driving experience I’ve ever had

Missing football greatly, not missing hype and bias in the media, hours of turgid analysis, pointless press conferences, pundits, ceaseless search for a s c a p e g o a t when we lose and lists of blokes I've never heard of being touted as our next big signing.

Back