• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Missing football

dybala testing positive for covid repeatedl according to reports.
can the virus permanently impact the short careers of footballers? if so coming back too soon isn't that great an idea.

maybe its time for some new ideas. Like more protective gear like protective head and face gear. Can't head the ball properly with that so maybe time to ban headers too for the suspected long term head injury it causes. Also i am surprised there's been not talk about outlawing spitting from the game.

A few weeks ago I wasnt missing football at all - happy spending more time with the kids etc. Still like doing that, but feels great that football will be back next week!!

Didn't really miss football and Spurs ! It had been really stressful looking at Spurs' struggles this season. So, it was a welcome break from all that.:D

Having football will be great but won't be really disappointed if this season is cancelled ! As far as Spurs are concerned, this has been a forgetful season and one of the worst in Spurs' history. I think our unexpected run-up to the CL Final which we lost last season have really spoiled our form this season.

Didn't really miss football and Spurs ! It had been really stressful looking at Spurs' struggles this season. So, it was a welcome break from all that.:D

Having football will be great but won't be really disappointed if this season is cancelled ! As far as Spurs are concerned, this has been a forgetful season and one of the worst in Spurs' history. I think our unexpected run-up to the CL Final which we lost last season have really spoiled our form this season.

It has been hard work this season. It has been like being back in the 80/90/00.

It has been hard work this season. It has been like being back in the 80/90/00.

It's been bad but I don't think nearly as bad as the 90s and early 00s. We've been within spitting distance of top 4 a few times this season. Remember having to go to Oldham and win near the end of the season to ensure we weren't relegated under Ossie, Pleaty had a little flirtation with relegation in 2004 too while the Christian Gross era was pretty dire. If I'm not wrong, we needed Klinsmann to score 4 away to Wimbledon to assure our top flight status.

This season has been a bit brick compared to the last 4 but it's been nowhere near the really dark days.

It's been bad but I don't think nearly as bad as the 90s and early 00s. We've been within spitting distance of top 4 a few times this season. Remember having to go to Oldham and win near the end of the season to ensure we weren't relegated under Ossie, Pleaty had a little flirtation with relegation in 2004 too while the Christian Gross era was pretty dire. If I'm not wrong, we needed Klinsmann to score 4 away to Wimbledon to assure our top flight status.

This season has been a bit brick compared to the last 4 but it's been nowhere near the really dark days.

after ‘that final’ it’s was always going to be a tough watch this season!

Did you only start watching Tottenham in 2015 ? One of the worst in our history get out of here.

Even when we were struggling in the late 1990s and early 2000s, we always had something to enjoy : quality players like Ginola and Klinsmann, top goals, erection inducing wins, long Cup runs etc. This season, we had nothing ! Each one of our players were poor, all our matches were poor, poor Cup runs and all our new signings were poor. All this despite having one of the best managers in world football ! Have never been really disgusted with Spurs like this before !

Even when we were struggling in the late 1990s and early 2000s, we always had something to enjoy : quality players like Ginola and Klinsmann, top goals, erection inducing wins, long Cup runs etc. This season, we had nothing ! Each one of our players were poor, all our matches were poor, poor Cup runs and all our new signings were poor. All this despite having one of the best managers in world football ! Have never been really disgusted with Spurs like this before !

That's a decent point bar the Pleat and Ossie reigns where Dalmat and Anderton were about the most exciting players (Sheringham being injured for much of 93-94).

However, this season, as dogbrick as it's been, I've really enjoyed watching Lo Celso in the last few weeks. I really wasn't seeing what some other posters were seeing from his early cameos but in the last few weeks, he was outstanding. Exactly the type of player that I love watching and can't wait to see what he can conjure for Kane and Son. The rise of Tanganga has been fun to watch too and I've liked what I've seen from Bergwijn too.

I won't put him in the "I've enjoyed him" category but Ndombele has also shown flashes. The second half at Norwich he ran the show. I just hope the "private tuition" he's gotten from Jose drags that talented player onto the pitch rather than the lazy c**t he's often been.

It's not all bad.

Did you only start watching Tottenham in 2015 ? One of the worst in our history get out of here.

I've been watching for over 30 years, that game, to end last season, is by far the most upsetting thing I've experienced. For me it destroyed the enjoyment of the previous years, I'm still angry about the whole thing, and with all those who were a part of it.

The 90's may have been mainly crap, but for logical reasons, "It's not the despair, Laura. I can stand the despair. It's the hope!"

Just when you thought Covid 19 couldn't get any worse.......

Covid 7891 turns up:rolleyes:

Back