• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Miralem Pjanic

We probably haven't got the money for that this summer. If we bring him in, I think that he'd be a stopgap for a season or two until our finances have recovered from Covid

That's a good point. Can't argue with that. Although it is the ideal time to buy. Clubs across europe are desperate.

I’m sure we can do something about the wages by paying him a decent signing on fee, bonuses etc.

Toby is 32 and doesn't think he can hack it in the prem anymore.
Sure. Moutinho is 34 and has only really this season shown clear signs of going down hill from what I understand.

Age happens, age related decline happens. But not at the same age for all players. Some good judgements are needed by the club on where Pjanic is and how he's likely to be going forward.

I’m sure we can do something about the wages by paying him a decent signing on fee, bonuses etc.
That is just standard though.... His salary (whatever it is that he earns) at Barcelona will consist of a loyalty bonus (also known as the signing on fee), wages and bonuses. Pretty much every one of our players will have the same thing in place as well.

If our maximum wage is £200k a week (not saying it is, just saying 'if') then that wouldn't mean we could give a player £200k a week and a whopping great signing on fee/loyalty bonus as well. That would instead be the maximum for the entire package.

Iirc we pay a lot on bonuses too
That is just standard though.... His salary (whatever it is that he earns) at Barcelona will consist of a loyalty bonus (also known as the signing on fee), wages and bonuses. Pretty much every one of our players will have the same thing in place as well.

If our maximum wage is £200k a week (not saying it is, just saying 'if') then that wouldn't mean we could give a player £200k a week and a whopping great signing on fee/loyalty bonus as well. That would instead be the maximum for the entire package.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The money not used in a transfer fee could well be used on a short 2 year deal to pay him a decent wage and bonus. He is not going to get what he is on at Barca no matter where he goes now.

we could give him £120k - 150k a week and a £5m signing on fee aswell as bonuses and that would work out at roughly £20m over the 2 years. He will be happy as pig in brick and we won’t have to spend an obscene amount of money in one go signing a stop gap until we start benefitting from the stadium finances.

The money not used in a transfer fee could well be used on a short 2 year deal to pay him a decent wage and bonus. He is not going to get what he is on at Barca no matter where he goes now.

we could give him £120k - 150k a week and a £5m signing on fee aswell as bonuses and that would work out at roughly £20m over the 2 years. He will be happy as pig in brick and we won’t have to spend an obscene amount of money in one go signing a stop gap until we start benefitting from the stadium finances.
£20m over 2 years is approx £190k a week. The player is contracted to Barcelona until 2024 and is rumoured to be on £270k a week there. I doubt he will happily accept an £80k a week wage cut for a contract that doesn't even take him to when his current Barcelona contract runs until.

IF (and it is a big if at the moment) the player manages to get a £12m+ pay off from Barcelona then it might be worth his while accepting a £190k a week deal at Spurs.

Could yes, but it would in the end cost us the same as giving him comparably higher wages and a lower sign on fee.

Not much difference really unless we think other players can be tricked into thinking that we're paying him less and thus not influence our overall wage structure, which seems fair fetched to me.

Of course if it's a loan or free deal then we won't have to spend a transfer fee, that could free up money, but that being paid as bonuses or signing fees or whatever doesn't change the overall outlay I think.

Could yes, but it would in the end cost us the same as giving him comparably higher wages and a lower sign on fee.

Not much difference really unless we think other players can be tricked into thinking that we're paying him less and thus not influence our overall wage structure, which seems fair fetched to me.

Of course if it's a loan or free deal then we won't have to spend a transfer fee, that could free up money, but that being paid as bonuses or signing fees or whatever doesn't change the overall outlay I think.

I don't think that this is a very attractive deal unless he is available cheap. There are question marks about how good he still is and I am not in favour of having ageing players, on high wages clogging up the squad.

I don't think that this is a very attractive deal unless he is available cheap. There are question marks about how good he still is and I am not in favour of having ageing players, on high wages clogging up the squad.

Indeed. But he's just turned 31, he's not 35.

Back