• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Miralem Pjanic

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is interested in Roma's £20million-rated midfielder Miralem Pjanic.

The Bosnia international, 23, has been watched extensively by Tottenham scouts, and has also been linked with north London rivals Arsenal in the past.

The playmaker even admitted that he was close to signing for the Gunners back in 2011 from Lyon, before settling on the Italian capital.

Although Arsenal have since looked elsewhere and signed Santi Cazorla, as well as expressing an interest in Lyon's Clement Grenier, Tottenham could even face competition from Catalan giants Barcelona.

Pjanic admitted earlier this year: 'It’s true, Barcelona are tracking me and enquired about my situation with my club.'

Spurs signed Lewis Holtby in January as a creative midfielder but could look to splash out on the Bosnian, who has scored 6 goals in 57 league appearances for the Serie A side.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2356504/Tottenham-step-chase-Miralem-Pjanic.html

Where would we play him?

Assuming our midfield is Bale, Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho and likely Lennon, with Siggy, Holtby, Parker, Carroll, Hudd as other options, and 1 striker spot between Dempsey/Ade/JD and probably one more?

Where would we play him?

Assuming our midfield is Bale, Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho and likely Lennon, with Siggy, Holtby, Parker, Carroll, Hudd as other options, and 1 striker spot between Dempsey/Ade/JD and probably one more?

If we did sign him then id imagine it'd be Sandro Paulhino Pjanic as first choice with Dembele Holtby Carroll/Sigurdsson as rotation options (possibly see one of Carroll/Sigurdsson out on loan)

Don't think we will go for him but if we did that's how i see it panning out

Pjanic on the streets of London.

We have to sign him if only so that we can sing the coolest terrace chant since Man U fans bastardised Joy Division in honour of Ryan Giggs.

If we got him where on earth would we play him?

I do wonder if Dembele had more of a ruthless streak I him or believed in himself more whether he could play in one of the front 3 positions. Dembele's strength is in his defensive work though.

Where would we play him?

Parker, Hudd and Livermore are surely gone.

But I'd imagine we'd also need to cash in on either Siggy or Dembele (if his hip is likely to cause his form of the second half of last season to continue) to accomodate another senior CM.

I can't for the life of me see either Sig or Dembele being sold. The only one of AVBs signings I could envisage being moved on is Dempsey and that would be a shame as I really rate him. Would be dependant on who comes in of course....

I hardly think Dembele will be a bit part player, we paid enough. I think he will end up more advanced like he started out.

I hardly think Dembele will be a bit part player, we paid enough. I think he will end up more advanced like he started out.

I remember some itk very early last summer that said we wanted Dembele as a creative forward and Moutinho as the midfield lynchpin although we were also looking at Gaston Ramirez. It would be interesting to think this itk was correct especially as we ended up getting Dembele and going for but missing out on Moutinho . Ramirez went to Saints but doesn look like we made a move for him in the end. How about:

.............................Villa
............Dembele.................Bale

.............................Pjanic
...............Sandro.................Paulinho

Not for me. Dembele looked far better playing in the middle last season than he did when he was played out wide. His fall of form I think happened around the time he was switched out to the wing to cover for Lennon.

Not for me. Dembele looked far better playing in the middle last season than he did when he was played out wide. His fall of form I think happened around the time he was switched out to the wing to cover for Lennon.

You can't just write it off as it didn't work out in a couple of games. Bale was a bit awkward when first moved inside and it didn't look like it was a goer. Ended up being the real making of him

You can't just write it off as it didn't work out in a couple of games. Bale was a bit awkward when first moved inside and it didn't look like it was a goer. Ended up being the real making of him

It was Harry's call too!

2 pre season goals last night

[video=youtube;qnHjw8tXTLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qnHjw8tXTLY[/video]

[video=youtube;BV0cjm85Imc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BV0cjm85Imc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back