• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Milos Veljkovic

I'd love to know why Poch doesn't rate him. However, I think Poch has shown that he is quite fair with players and doesn't have favourites, so if Poch doesn't rate him I am sure that there are some good reasons. A similar deal to the Azzouli one would be as good as we're going to get I reckon.

MV only has 6 months to run, so I don't think we could do a buy-back clause, like we did with Azzouli.

A 1-2 year extension, with either a top 6-month loan, or an immediate promotion to the first team squad, would be ideal.

I'm sorry and i have not seen much of MV but if Poch doesn't rate him then i have 100% faith in this. He obviously is not as good as people are making out or something behind the scene has put Poch off (bad trainer, attitude etc.).

I think Poch is abit more qualified than we are judging young players and with his track record not many can argue. Also if MV was that good why are we not sending him out on loan to a Premier League side?

We can't even give Wimmer a few minutes here and there, where's Veljkovic going to get any? We're not going to bother to send him out on loan unless he signs a new contract.

We can't even give Wimmer a few minutes here and there, where's Veljkovic going to get any? We're not going to bother to send him out on loan unless he signs a new contract.

Alder and Verts have played more minutes this season than just about any EPL player. That can't be sustained.

There were rumours on other forums over the weekend that he's been made a final offer of a new deal. So potentially some millage the story yet.

I can see why Poch might not rate him as a CM, but as a CB (which he's been concentrating on for quite a while now) that doesn't make much sense to me.

Do you remember who and on what forums?

MV only has 6 months to run, so I don't think we could do a buy-back clause, like we did with Azzouli.

A 1-2 year extension, with either a top 6-month loan, or an immediate promotion to the first team squad, would be ideal.

Oh really? Wolfsburg agreed to that did they?
We had a first option on Massimo Luongo but nothing confirmed (I believe) on Ismail, just a rumour about a £6 million clause.

I'd be very surprised if we did not see him against Monaco

Yes but he could have played more.....how many games can TA and JV play in a season (incl internationals) without being burned out? They'll get close to 60 this season

Yes but he could have played more.....how many games can TA and JV play in a season (incl internationals) without being burned out? They'll get close to 60 this season

It is not unusual for managers to be reluctant to rotate CBs particularly if they are playing well

We had a first option on Massimo Luongo but nothing confirmed (I believe) on Ismail, just a rumour about a £6 million clause.

And even if such a clause were true, it would still require Azzaoui to want to come back to Spurs. I think the best we can hope for with him is that we have a nice sell on clause and he develops into a good player.

It was from @thfcacademy who is usually very reliable

I'd still be surprised if he were to stay though.

Can't do much other than try.

If a loan deal to Brentford along with a new contract with us really is beneath him at this point in his career there's not really much we can do about it.

Those kinds of deals are becoming increasingly common. Barca in particular have had quite a few of them, also Real with Carvajal.

Obviously only speculation at this point, but doesn't seem beyond possible that we have a deal like that in place.

Can't do much other than try.

If a loan deal to Brentford along with a new contract with us really is beneath him at this point in his career there's not really much we can do about it.

Those kinds of deals are becoming increasingly common. Barca in particular have had quite a few of them, also Real with Carvajal.

Obviously only speculation at this point, but doesn't seem beyond possible that we have a deal like that in place.

If that is the case then I would question the players attitude and/or the advice that he is getting from his agent.

Maybe a loan to a Prem club would show we value him more?
A loan to a prem club would probably result in a best case scenario of the player making the bench.

I would imagine Brentford have been chosen as they are a London club (so not too much upheaval for the player), play good football and (assuming he puts in the effort in training) the player has a good likelihood of holding down a first team place. Playing Championship level football at this stage of his career will be extremely beneficial for Veljkovic. Sitting on a subs bench (or worse) for a PL team won't help him develop at all.

A loan to a prem club would probably result in a best case scenario of the player making the bench.

I would imagine Brentford have been chosen as they are a London club (so not too much upheaval for the player), play good football and (assuming he puts in the effort in training) the player has a good likelihood of holding down a first team place. Playing Championship level football at this stage of his career will be extremely beneficial for Veljkovic. Sitting on a subs bench (or worse) for a PL team won't help him develop at all.
That's a good point. I assumed he would be good enough for a starting spot in a lower half Prem team.

That's a good point. I assumed he would be good enough for a starting spot in a lower half Prem team.

He's barely played any senior football at all in his career so far. Bottom half teams and their old school managers tend to go with experience (ie. tried and tested mediocrity) in the second half of a season.

If that is the case then I would question the players attitude and/or the advice that he is getting from his agent.

Quite possibly, but not necessarily.

With a lot of talented young players in the academy and reserves, as well as a well functioning first team with real cover in most positions, it's possible that the current plan for Veljkovic at Spurs just isn't enough for him and that his concerns are warranted. With Alderweireld and Vertonghen quite possibly first choice for 3-4 years down the line, Wimmer ahead of him in the queue and Carter-Vickers possibly the greater talent at centre back it could be that the best thing for his development is a move right now. At DM it's a similar story with Dier and Bentaleb...

I've long thought that losing a few talents that turn out to be very good players to other clubs is a direct and just about unavoidable consequence of having a highly functioning academy and development setup.

Maybe a loan to a Prem club would show we value him more?

I don't think that should be the case. Mason has stepped up from a League One loan, Pritchard was brought back with a plan to be used (according to Poch) after a Championship loan. Of course Alli stepped up from League One too, though in rather different circumstances.

The important thing shouldn't be if it's PL or Championship. Rather if it's a club with a style that suits the player that will be likely to use the player frequently. Mason at Swindon and Pritchard at Swindon then Brentford were very good loan deals, there's no reason to think that PL loan deals would have done them any better.

Back