• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Milos Veljkovic

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Milos Veljkovic revealed it was new Charlton head coach Guy Luzon who lured him to The Valley for the remainder of the season.

The 19-year-old Serbian, who already has Championship experience with Middlesborough, made his full Addingdongs debut during Saturday's 0-0 draw at Wolves after arriving on loan from Tottenham.

He impressed in a central midfield pairing with Yoni Buyens as Charlton stifled a Wolves team brimming with confidence after a run of four consecutive league wins.

"I spoke to the gaffer and he gave me his opinion," Veljkovic said.

"I thought with his opinion that I can play games here so that made me decide to come.

"He needed me in this position in midfield. He told me what he wants from me and I agreed."

The youngster, who has represented Serbia at Under-21 level, can play in central defence or midfield but said he is happy to do whatever Luzon asks of him.

"Wherever the boss says, I play. But in The Championship I prefer to play in midfield," he said.

It had been a fairly chaotic first week at Charlton for Veljkovic as the new head coach was yet to secure a work permit to manage until Thursday and the club were still reeling from a 5-0 humbling by Watford the previous Saturday.

But the Swiss-born former FC Basel man said he had been made to feel at home by his new team-mates.

"Everyone is very good. They welcomed me, the training is good," he said.

"We didn't have much time to talk about the tactics but the time we had I felt we did well.

"Everyone knew what they had to do on the pitch.

"We had to get a reaction from the game last week and we managed to do it well.

"It was a tough game from the start but I thought we defended very well. We started the game aggressively, we done a good job.

"It was a tough battle in midfield but myself and Yoni (Buyens) did well, we closed the lines and I thought it was good.

"My personal target is to play as many games as possible, to be consistent and get experience.

"With the team, hopefully we keep on performing like we did today and progress as a team."

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/11749030._/

Nice to see him getting games. I would say the way things are progressing, we may end up seeing Veljkovic, Pritchard and maybe Carroll next season replacing expensive flops like Capoue and Paulinho

...we may end up seeing Veljkovic, Pritchard and maybe Carroll next season replacing expensive flops like Capoue and Paulinho

Indeed, it is easy to spend £10m and agent fees and high wages on... essentially the same level of talent from abroad.

On a similar note I watched WetSpam against Bristol on the TV, Song was just jogging around with Brizzle players running past him, he didn't track, he was jogging rather than full speed... perhaps we dodget a bullet there

Good to see him thrown straight into the mix and receive praise for his performance.

He got praise at Boro, but rarely got game time. Whatever the situation at Charlton (new manager, bit of a mess) it seems like they trust him a bit more to make a positive impact for them on the pitch.

i've seen charlton play this season, they have no decent cb's or cm's so I expect he will get plenty of games

Shame for Veljkovic.

First a loan where he only got on the pitch once in a while, despite his manager claiming that he was doing really well. Then a loan where he gets right in the action only to pick up an injury early on and the whole season is gone.

Good news is that other players have had similarly disappointing seasons out on loan and bounced back to become very good players for us. Onwards and upwards Milos, just a bump in the road!

Shame, might put his development back a bit. Probably too soon now for a place in our first team squad next season. Another season out on loan will be needed now I would say

Shame, might put his development back a bit. Probably too soon now for a place in our first team squad next season. Another season out on loan will be needed now I would say

I agree, probably best for the player and the club that he has another season on loan. We'll probably sign a centre half to replace Chiriches and Kaboul, so that player plus Vert/Fazio/Dier will see us sorted at centre-back. In centre mid, we can bring Carroll back -- him and Stambouli as backup to Mason and Bentaleb, with Dembele able to drop back in there if needed.

Seen him play in preseason, looked good, sucks re shoulder, but better than something like knee/ankle

Veljkovic is very young too - people forget that he's 2 or 3 years behind the likes of Kane, Bentaleb and Dier.

Out rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder? Did the arm fall off or something? I played again about 2 weeks after dislocating my shoulder. I don't get it. Should not be more than a month out, worst case!

In development? At his age Bentaleb was playing Prem football

I'm pretty sure he was always an age group or two behind even Bentaleb - the way our year group system work. Caulker and Calum Butcher were the CBs from the Kane/Rose/Townsend/Mason cohort.

Also being a CB - they often don't break through till a few years in their 20s because of the importance of the physical aspect of that position. They'll often be eased in a FB or DM first (e.g. happened with Dier and King)

Also being a CB - they often don't break through till a few years in their 20s because of the importance of the physical aspect of that position. They'll often be eased in a FB or DM first (e.g. happened with Dier and King)

Not sure Dier was eased in (If we are talking about his time at Spurs) i think it was more out of necessity, At the start of the season he actually started as a center back against Wetspam.

Out rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder? Did the arm fall off or something? I played again about 2 weeks after dislocating my shoulder. I don't get it. Should not be more than a month out, worst case!

There can be problems with this injury, my mother fell on the ice, dislocated her shoulder, later in A&E in x-rays she also fractured the ball socket and infact the ball stayed in the socket and broke away from the arm, later was in surgery having pins. Have also heard of part of the structure around the ball socket fracturing also.

I'm pretty sure he was always an age group or two behind even Bentaleb - the way our year group system work. Caulker and Calum Butcher were the CBs from the Kane/Rose/Townsend/Mason cohort.

Seen the kid play (as I said above), he could play in current Spurs team, however unlikely to displace Vert/Fazio/Dier, hence makes sense for loan for now.

Wasn't Veljkovic one of those always playing well ahead of his age group?

IIRC he was a regular in the U19 NextGen team at 16. He was also getting fairly regular starts for the U21 team two years ago - at 17.

Seen him play in preseason, looked good, sucks re shoulder, but better than something like knee/ankle

I remember watching him in the US tour.
Seem to recall Kaboul & Dawson playing 1 half each with 1 of Fryers and Veljkovic. Fryers made Kaboul/Daws look like rank amateurs with his positioning. Veljkovic was calm and assured Kaboul/Daws looked like competent centre-halves as he was clearly decent positionally and on the ball. Talented boy by the look of it.

Back