• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Millwall Panorama 1977

clevelandspur

Pascal Chimbonda
Stumbled across this on youtube quite entertaining. Found it pretty funny but a few things that stuck out. They considered Spurs their top rivals?! This of course was also last time we were in second division. I always thought it was Millwall /West Ham as main rivals or was this just specific to the year where Spurs were in the same league? And I gather this rivalry with Spurs had absolutely nothing to do with football. Just curious if some of the older supporters on here could shed light what it was like those days or their experience with Millwall. Shocking (especially by current standards) that they would only get a few hundred away fans to come to the Den.

[video=youtube;vKoYjOGOzXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKoYjOGOzXQ[/video]

Football's Fight Club is a good watch if you want to follow up your viewing, can be found on YT i think.

They just like calling us rivals because we are from London. They even admit during the interview that it's only because Spurs had dropped down into the second division. My mate knew a bloke who was part of Millwall's thugs and he only joined them because they had a tougher bunch of fans than West Ham. I guess that's just the mindset of some people, they weren't there for the football, they were there for the fights.

Look at the West Ham fans now, they rate us as their rivals because we are the nearest big London club to them in the league. I know some West Ham fans who carry a massive grudge against us but have no idea why, it's just bred into them early on, it's just part of being West Ham. I just think it's Jealousy.

^ Tottenham have a deceptively large hooligan element and unlike most clubs have always had huge pockets of support dotted around London and the home counties, so over the years West London Spurs will have had local rivalries with Chelsea thugs and the same for East and South London with West Ham and Millwall respectively - building the derby/rivalry up over the years.

our general support is a lot less scummy than those three though so we tend to get off lightly when it comes to being tarnished as a bunch of neanderthals

They just like calling us rivals because we are from London. They even admit during the interview that it's only because Spurs had dropped down into the second division. My mate knew a bloke who was part of Millwall's thugs and he only joined them because they had a tougher bunch of fans than West Ham. I guess that's just the mindset of some people, they weren't there for the football, they were there for the fights.

Look at the West Ham fans now, they rate us as their rivals because we are the nearest big London club to them in the league. I know some West Ham fans who carry a massive grudge against us but have no idea why, it's just bred into them early on, it's just part of being West Ham. I just think it's Jealousy.

that's what i figured just because we had dropped down into their division, although they do play it up in that documentary about how Spurs/Millwall were big rivals

I did laugh at the part where the one nutter in the pub has a go at another normal supporter asking him when the last time he has went to see Millwall away and he's there every week moments after admitting they decided to skip the Millwall away match to instead go to Charlton to kick off with Spurs fans :ross:

How football, and the country, has changed in 35 years.
For the better.

Interesting there was some mixed stands back then. Didn't realize that

Back