• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mid-table mediocrity: the positives

ShipOfTheseus

Clint Dempsey
We’re in for a major regression to the mean. Let’s look on the bright side.

1) Tickets on general sale, just like in the 90s. Rock up to a game when you feel like it. Why pay for membership when all you get is a bag of tat and a birthday card?

2) No selfie-takers at the ground. Supporting Spurs will revert to what it should be: a furtive pleasure, not to be exposed on socials.

3) Football conversations abroad in pidgin English with cabbies and shopkeepers and scammers can peter out blissfully again after mere seconds. They won’t know who any of our players are and they can’t build enough rapport to inveigle you into a gemstone fraud.

4) Genuine excitement when we beat a big club; easily manageable pain when we lose to dross.

There’s lots more. This list should go up to 100.

hahaha, you guys need to give me the number of your dealer

You think after almost two seasons of no football, they will have problems selling tickets?

In 2026, when the charabancs from Seoul have long stopped running and our ambitions are more about survival than Europe? It's not too long ago that they were advertising half year season tickets on billboards on the A406.

Anyway, this is the thread for positives.

6) Sponsors that sell fun things like lager, not boring things like insurance.

1) Tickets on general sale, just like in the 90s. Rock up to a game when you feel like it. Why pay for membership when all you get is a bag of tat and a birthday card?

2) No selfie-takers at the ground. Supporting Spurs will revert to what it should be: a furtive pleasure, not to be exposed on socials.

3) Football conversations abroad in pidgin English with cabbies and shopkeepers and scammers can peter out blissfully again after mere seconds. They won’t know who any of our players are and they can’t build enough rapport to inveigle you into a gemstone fraud.

4) Genuine excitement when we beat a big club; easily manageable pain when we lose to dross.

There’s lots more. This list should go up to 100.

In my membership renewal it said birthday cards were just for children now, which is a shame because my wife and son don't get me one either. My friends all think giving cards is "gay" so it was the only one I got.

11. Those of us who follow us home and away will have a lot more money in our pockets due to having far less games to go to due to no Europe and nice, early exits from the Cups.

In my membership renewal it said birthday cards were just for children now, which is a shame because my wife and son don't get me one either. My friends all think giving cards is "gay" so it was the only one I got.

Do a King John.

And, round about December,
The cards upon his shelf
Which wished him lots of Christmas cheer,
And fortune in the coming year,
Were never from his near and dear,
But only from himself.

Fewer games moved to daft days of the week because we won't be on TV, plus eventually we will stumble on a Martin Jol equivalent, and learn to start winning our home games :)

Both were done away with last season. Now you get a £10 voucher which you can only spend on selected (brick) items in the Spurs Store.

I have just written to my bank this morning to cancel my, and my daughter's, membership direct debit.

Back