• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michy Batshuayi

Nothing is sewn up until fee with the club is agreed, terms with the player agreed and medical passed.

The article is a load of bollox. Marseille always wanted way more than what we were prepared to pay.

And who the fcuk is Mendy:confused: we are not in the business of buying players just for the sake of it

Mendy, as far as I can tell, is a DM type of player, the sort we were looking for prior to signing Wanyama.

Mendy, as far as I can tell, is a DM type of player, the sort we were looking for prior to signing Wanyama.
We've been after Wanyama since last summer, he has been our number one target, and weve now signed him so any talk about alternatives was just that, talk.

Really hoped Poch would get the backing this year looks like not again hopefully njie come good, Harry needs a break plain to see and a lighter work load next year hope we pull off the other 2 now

Really hoped Poch would get the backing this year looks like not again hopefully njie come good, Harry needs a break plain to see and a lighter work load next year hope we pull off the other 2 now

How do we know that he was our first choice ??
What we do know is that we as a club generally now have multiple option when it comes to signing players and it certainly hasn't hurt so far (we have just finished 3rd, and yes i know we should have finished higher)

You have no idea to what extent Poch is being backed. The one player it is obvious that Poch has really wanted is Wanayama and we have got him in nice and early - we tried last season and it was made clear he wasn't available, once he was we secured ASAP. Nobody has a clue who our top targets are when it comes to strikers, least of all anyone on this forum.....

You have no idea to what extent Poch is being backed. The one player it is obvious that Poch has really wanted is Wanayama and we have got him in nice and early - we tried last season and it was made clear he wasn't available, once he was we secured ASAP. Nobody has a clue who our top targets are when it comes to strikers, least of all anyone on this forum.....

Well said

Think you need to go back to posting on social media.

Can't understand this mourning just because we did not get this guy. I am sure that we were interested but once his price tag hit the 30mill+, we clearly threw down our cards. Poch is very rigid; unlike that cretin Hodgson he has a system, he knows it and does not deviate from it. And that system uses only one striker - and that striker is called Harry Kane.

The new striker will have to play second string - unlikely that Batshuayi would not have expected to start the key games; also 30 mill for a reserve striker is something we simply cannot afford.

Next...

Can't understand this mourning just because we did not get this guy. I am sure that we were interested but once his price tag hit the 30mill+, we clearly threw down our cards. Poch is very rigid; unlike that cretin Hodgson he has a system, he knows it and does not deviate from it. And that system uses only one striker - and that striker is called Harry Kane.

The new striker will have to play second string - unlikely that Batshuayi would not have expected to start the key games; also 30 mill for a reserve striker is something we simply cannot afford.

Next...

I think more of Hodgson but I agree with your general point, it's crazy money for a player with that CV.

He might turn out to be brilliant but it's too much of a risk for us.

I'll just point out, for all those yelling 'you don't know if Poch wanted him!' at @Bracknell yid , that Poch specifically name-checked Batshuayi in an interview with some French radio station a month or so ago as someone he was very interested in. Never did it before.

So yes, he did want Batshuayi, and clearly, if he wanted him, then it follows that he had a plan for fitting him in, and (if you further believe the news stuff from last week) that Batshuayi was happy with that plan, to the extent of wanting a move to us.

We backed out because we didn't want to pay him or Marseille what they were asking for. I'll be open and say that I'm not overly convinced that we're not backsliding into prioritising pinching pennies again, backing the manager be damned...but there's a long way to go in the summer, and hopefully that proves to be an unnecessarily pessimistic standpoint.

I'll just point out, for all those yelling 'you don't know if Poch wanted him!' at @Bracknell yid , that Poch specifically name-checked Batshuayi in an interview with some French radio station a month or so ago as someone he was very interested in. Never did it before.

So yes, he did want Batshuayi, and clearly, if he wanted him, then it follows that he had a plan for fitting him in, and (if you further believe the news stuff from last week) that Batshuayi was happy with that plan, to the extent of wanting a move to us.

We backed out because we didn't want to pay him or Marseille what they were asking for. I'll be open and say that I'm not overly convinced that we're not backsliding into prioritising pinching pennies again, backing the manager be damned...but there's a long way to go in the summer, and hopefully that proves to be an unnecessarily pessimistic standpoint.
Not quite, his direct quotes was that the player has talent and that he was just one of many strikers that the recruitment team are following. So I'll say it again, you,me and everyone else has no idea who WE specifically have identified as top targets and you stating that it's levy penny pinching doesn't change that I'm afraid....

Last edited:

Or he was trying to force AZ Alkmaars hand?

Poch namechecked Umtiti in the same interview. Have we let Poch down because Barca gazumped us too?

Everyone in the buissness of football telling the world what is good for their cause (just listen to everything that have been thrown out of Mou´s mouth throghout the years), and the sames goes for Poch. But that doesn't mean he really meant it in the way he said it.

Back