• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michy Batshuayi

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
I haven't seen this guy often. I only watch a handful of Belgian league games and it's usually when someone like Anderlecht or Standard are playing just because of the players both clubs have produced in the past. But I did watch Standard play on Friday and I was quite impressed by this guy up top they had. Of course, he is another one of those very very talented Belgian footballers.

Bit of research on the guy, he's currently 20 years old. Now he's not 6 ft 3 like Lukaku or a Benteke, but the guy is a beast. Very strong on the ball, holds the ball up well and actually he reminds me a bit of Wilfried Bony, who I admire. He is actually currently top goalscorer in the Belgian league at the moment and after looking him up on the internet, have seen that he has 32 goals in 80 games for Standard which isn't a bad record whatsoever. Also has 5 in 10 for the Belgian U21s.

I think these are the sort of players we SHOULD be signing. Sure we could go out and splash £25+ million on Benteke who has shown he can do it for half a Premier League season, but this guy actually has a £7,000,000 release clause in his contract. I believe that is actually how much Benteke cost Aston Villa. Now I will post the usual YouTube video just because it gives you a rough idea of what the guy is like. I mean it is the Belgian League so of course it isn't going to be the best, but watching the guy you could tell there is something about him from his movement and his power.

[video=youtube;QsMCocNV4OQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsMCocNV4OQ[/video]
[video=youtube;lBbVw9zInUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbVw9zInUA[/video]
[video=youtube;HwsfAL4eHYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsfAL4eHYM[/video]

Completely agree with the principle, we should be looking for this type of player before they've made their move to the big leagues; lukaku is a good example, no point in waiting until after Chelsea have got involved.

Haven't we got some kind of link with Liege?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Fapatalk

Seeing as we are after a 3rd Striker it seems to make sense that we could take a bit of a gamble on someone. Benteke and Bony are both good examples of players that would be great in our squad and give us a real option off the bench until they held onto a spot. I dont wath the belgian league much although im hoping to see a game in mid feb. Maybe liege or Brugge.

Completely agree with the principle, we should be looking for this type of player before they've made their move to the big leagues; lukaku is a good example, no point in waiting until after Chelsea have got involved.

Haven't we got some kind of link with Liege?

Don't believe so, not that I've heard of anyway.

But I agree. Sort of players we should be going after. There is another youngster at Anderlecht that has impressed me, goes by the name of Mitrovic, he's 19.

Seeing as we are after a 3rd Striker it seems to make sense that we could take a bit of a gamble on someone. Benteke and Bony are both good examples of players that would be great in our squad and give us a real option off the bench until they held onto a spot. I dont wath the belgian league much although im hoping to see a game in mid feb. Maybe liege or Brugge.

I'd go with Liege mate, exciting team, top of the league and play some good stuff.

Team is full of some good players for that level and you'll get to see Batshuayi in action and scout him out for us! You will also of course get to see Mpoku who used to play for us and doing well for Standard.

Who was it that fryers went to before we signed him that wad always supposedly a bit suspect because of our links? I thought that was Standard Liege.

Who was it that fryers went to before we signed him that wad always supposedly a bit suspect because of our links? I thought that was Standard Liege.

Was Standard Leige, you're right. I'm not sure if we flat out have any links with them though. Then again, we also sold Mpoku to them but that could be just because he is Belgian and that is who we signed him from.

Mumorn please just submit your CV to our scouting dept, surely they can find a place for you :)

Mumorn please just submit your CV to our scouting dept, surely they can find a place for you :)

I imagine it's pretty hard to become a scout unless you know higher up people in a football club or have been a professional in the past.

Don't believe so, not that I've heard of anyway.

But I agree. Sort of players we should be going after. There is another youngster at Anderlecht that has impressed me, goes by the name of Mitrovic, he's 19.

Is doing the business for me in FM14

I imagine it's pretty hard to become a scout unless you know higher up people in a football club or have been a professional in the past.

And yet here you are coming up with all these decent youngsters before anyone else does.

And yet here you are coming up with all these decent youngsters before anyone else does.

Maybe scouts have looked at these youngsters and feel they don't fit criteria needed.

I have however seen that both Everton and Arsenal are after Batshuayi!

Looks quality from the highlights. There's potential. **** music though.

Although if he actually is special, he'll be snapped up and loaned out by Chelski faster than we can spell his last name correctly.

Looks quality from the highlights. There's potential. **** music though.

Although if he actually is special, he'll be snapped up and loaned out by Chelski faster than we can spell his last name correctly.

Chelsea do LOVE a Belgian to loan out to be fair.

Just watching him score for Liege. Nice acomplished finish from a tight angle. He seems to have pace, some power and some tricks in his book. He would have been a nice replacement for Defoe.

Just watching him score for Liege. Nice acomplished finish from a tight angle. He seems to have pace, some power and some tricks in his book. He would have been a nice replacement for Defoe.

You watching too?

His movement is superb.

Back