• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michel Vorm

Re: ***Official*** Michel Vorm signs for THFC

Great news and good decision. If Lloris can be our number one for years to come I'm sure Vorm can be his deputy for just as long.

If Hugo gets injured, we're not relying on a 43 year old as our last line of defence. I expect he'll play in the Europa.

This, Brad has been a good buy for us, but age is catching up.

Very solid signing I think. Good to have a backup keeper that's more suitable to a high line/pressing style if we want to play that.

he is not just back up to me. was the keeper i wanted when i saw him play his first season in the epl. well capable of challenging lloris for #1, and also provides a fantastic option against teams that tend to bully keepers.

he is not just back up to me. was the keeper i wanted when i saw him play his first season in the epl. well capable of challenging lloris for #1, and also provides a fantastic option against teams that tend to bully keepers.

And if Poch ever decides to bring on two keepers to tighten it up at the back Vorm and Lloris will be unbeatable.

very strange signing, how do you keep a first team keeper happy when he is the number 2 option

In quite a few areas one could say he is just as good if not better than lloris

very strange signing, how do you keep a first team keeper happy when he is the number 2 option

In the Europa, there are what, 2 qualifiers, 6 group games, 2 last 32, 2 last 16, 2 QF, 2 semi finals, and the final.

17 games. Assume he plays 4 or 5 domestic cup games too - if the team does as well as it tends to in Europe and the domestic cups, he'll get plenty of appearances.

Europa gets CL this year, if we have a first choice goalkeeper for that competition alone, that is a master stroke.

you pay him enough, and you play him when you can :)
but in vorm's situation he was going to be #2 anyway with fabianski arriving, so i don't see how he can be less happy here with more pay.

more seriously, i can see vorm on against stoke (and other rugby-inspired tems) as a tactical switch. extra formation/drills, but who's to say we can't be as dynamic at the back too. could be possible with enough training, but time is a scarce resource with Europa becoming an important competition for us now.

taking it further imagine american football style where wholesale changes are made in defence...we could have two sets of keeper+CBs to bring on at will, and keep them training together as a unit.

Vorm is good, not that good. To me Lloris has only one significant weakness, and it's distribution.

I really hope Poch does build the two team option, 1 for CC and Europe, 1 for PL and later rounds of FA cup

Vorm, Rose, Dawson, Vlad, Naughton, Capoue, Townsend, Holtby, Dembele, Bentaleb, Kane could make quite a decent 2nd side, and have our main players less fatigued come end of season push.

Vorm Transfer - Major article in Dutch Newspaper

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/v...4229/__Utrecht_jaagt_op_Vorm-miljoenen__.html

Some people will be aware that I've been worried about this situation for a while. In the light of this article it's likely that the English media will now start to echo concerns about what's going on here.

Google translation is as follows

UTRECHT -
FC Utrecht is confident to stand in the case of the nulverkoop by Michel Vorm of Swansea City Tottenham Hotspur. Increasingly Both clubs have categorically refused to disclose the transfer values ​​of Ben Davies and Gylfi Sigurdsson, who had transferred direction simultaneously Spurs and Swansea respectively. Meanwhile, FC Utrecht has to focus on the transfer values ​​of Davies and Sigurdsson. Applied through official channels, however fittings
The paper shows that the transfers of both players are not competitive and, moreover, are aligned. This strengthens the club from the cathedral city in the belief that the transfer value of Form is included in the other two deals.
This could be a Swansea City nulverkoop staging in order to avoid. The resale rate of thirty percent, where FC Utrecht contractually entitled, It has also become clear that all three transfers on the same day a done deal, which also points again to a combination deal.
The new evidence FC Utrecht becomes increasingly convinced of a good outcome.
"Our lawyers indicate that connecting the information obtained by them on our assumptions and suspicions regarding the conduct of Swansea City and chairman Huw Jenkins in particular," said general manager Wilco van Schaik. "We have several official channels the football world got so much extra support that we consider the case against Swansea City very strong. No stone must come up. "
FC Utrecht adopted a second supplementary application on the case Form sent to FIFA that the issue under investigation.

And no I don't know what nulverkoop means :)

Last edited:
Re: Vorm Transfer - Major article in Dutch Newspaper

Why would we have anything to be worried about, wouldn't it be Swansea's problem?

Nulverkoop is, I think, free transfer (verkoop is sale, nul is zero).

So is this why he's being left off the team sheets, or is he just injured or out of form?

Regardless of whether Utrecht have been stitched up for a couple of mill, we've still signed him, right?

Suppose we should have done a dodgy deal price wise to help Swansea out

Swansea named a price for the two players which we paid. IIRC Siggy going in the other direction was supposedly a seperate deal because neither club wanted to do a swap. I also agree, that this is a problem for Swansea but shouldn't be for us.

What's the worst case scenario here for Swansea and us?

Worst case scenario Swansea will have to pay them £1.5m. It's got nothing to do with us.

It's a big can of worms for the authorities to start getting into. Remember Porto did exactly the same when selling Moutinho and Rodriguez to Monaco

This is an issue between Swansea and Utrecht. Maybe they'll figure something out or it will go to a tribunal to determine the value, but it does not concern the player. He should be free to play, but so far he has not been needed.

So is this why he's being left off the team sheets, or is he just injured or out of form?

Regardless of whether Utrecht have been stitched up for a couple of mill, we've still signed him, right?

Not fit according to Poch.

Well it seems some/many people are still not concerned over this issue. But I remain worried as I have been for weeks, that Vorm's absence and the questions regarding his transfer are not simply coincidences. If Vorm is not on the bench on Sunday I would expect questions to be asked again, especially as I think the English media will start picking up on this story now it's been highlighted by a major Dutch paper.

Back