• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michel Vorm

No it's not. 60% win in the league would mean 69 points, and spilt the other 15 games in 8 draws and 7 losses still gives 77 points. How many seasons have we collected more than that?
Very few teams manage to get above a 55% win rate consistently.

All the great ones do, my point is that 60% in itself is not enough to win the league.

Someone told me our win ratio with Lloris is in the 60%s, while our win ratio with Vorm is in the 20%s. Is that true?

I'd seriously consider using Whiteman for the next 3 or 4 games.

That £6m clause we didn't activate on Pau Lopez has cost us a lot of loss points and a few cup exits
Vorm has only ever made 13 appearances for us in the PL:

P13 - W4-D5-L4 - GF16-GA14 - Pts 17

So nearer 30% win rate that included three clean sheets, seven where he conceded once, two when he conceded twice and just one where he let in three (in a 4-3 win against Leicester City).

It would seem the real problem when he plays is at the other end. Maybe more a reflection of his distribution?

All the great ones do, my point is that 60% in itself is not enough to win the league.
Really? Couldn't find statistics for PL, but for Spain, a two team league, It was found that Real had won 1,597 of their 2,697 games in La Liga, which equates to a win percentage of 59.21%. Barca 2nd with a win percentage of 56.84%.
But I guess those aren't great teams....

Really? Couldn't find statistics for PL, but for Spain, a two team league, It was found that Real had won 1,597 of their 2,697 games in La Liga, which equates to a win percentage of 59.21%. Barca 2nd with a win percentage of 56.84%.
But I guess those aren't great teams....

They’ve both had long periods of underperforming.

How many times has 77% won the PL?

I perhaps should have said sub optimal rather than poor.

City had an 84% win percentage last season, that’s good.

They’ve both had long periods of underperforming.

How many times has 77% won the PL?

I perhaps should have said sub optimal rather than poor.

City had an 84% win percentage last season, that’s good.
It was the record points ever achieved! Of course it's good! The point is that 60% is WAY above average, and up there with the best, so fudging far from poor.

It was the record points ever achieved! Of course it's good! The point is that 60% is WAY above average, and up there with the best, so fudging far from poor.

The average is dragged down by crap teams, 60% isn’t going to win us a league title, which is how I should have worded it.

He was at fault for the first goal the second was covered by him until our defender intercepted the cross and knocked it out of his dive. But that does not suit the narrative for some.

He was at fault for the first goal the second was covered by him until our defender intercepted the cross and knocked it out of his dive. But that does not suit the narrative for some.

Narrative :rolleyes:

A PL, no actually a professional footballer should not be conceding two goals like that.

Why did the defender go for the ball? because they have no confidence with him dealing with it.

He is just not very good as his previous showings have proved.

Narrative :rolleyes:

A PL, no actually a professional footballer should not be conceding two goals like that.

Why did the defender go for the ball? because they have no confidence with him dealing with it.

He is just not very good as his previous showings have proved.

Defenders are told to intercept balls across their box, second part of that is just pure speculation on your part.

Defenders are told to intercept balls across their box, second part of that is just pure speculation on your part.

How many times do you see the defenders do that with Hugo in nets.

Even if that was the case he proceeded to drop the ball.

Poor keeping

Vorm is a below standard no.2, that Gazzanega boy looked good in pre season matches, he should get a run outVorm only makes saves when the ball is near him. The thing about keepers is they install confidence in their defence, Not only would Lloris not have flapped at the ball for their 1st goal, the defence would have been organized better by him to clear the ball and the 2nd goal, he had opportunity to grab it on the goal-line.

Back