• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michel Vorm

Reserve keeper is one of the hardest positions to fill with quality. It's a position that can't be rotated in the normal way (formation variations, horses for courses). No top keeper wants to be second choice (except perhaps Cuducini) and a good solid backup needs an incentive. If Vorm is seen as a solid trusted backup and he has been told he is the cup keeper, then it is right not to drop him for the semi, and I would assume Lloris knows this is the situation. The alternative is having a more risky back-up strategy.

Reserve keeper is one of the hardest positions to fill with quality. It's a position that can't be rotated in the normal way (formation variations, horses for courses). No top keeper wants to be second choice (except perhaps Cuducini) and a good solid backup needs an incentive. If Vorm is seen as a solid trusted backup and he has been told he is the cup keeper, then it is right not to drop him for the semi, and I would assume Lloris knows this is the situation. The alternative is having a more risky back-up strategy.

He did OK - Until he didn't :(
He didn't have too much to do but I think he should have done better with the goal.

Lloris was brought in for the Chelsea semi after Vorm was used in the earlier rounds, wasn't he? I don't really have any issue with Vorm being played v United tbh as Lloris' form is patchy atm and i think it was a fair call

I don't think playing Lloris yesterday would have made any difference as the game was won in midfield. Herrera and (in the second half) Pogba bossed the game. For all of Eriksen's skill those 2 won the game for Utd.

Let's not go overboard. He is a very good keeper to have as a backup. I doubt we would be happy about him being first choice if Lloris was to leave, but it's hard to see how we could improve the backup goalkeeper position without gambling on young talent for the future.

I don’t think there is much between them overall, different strengths and weaknesses, if Hugo wasn’t around for any reason I’d be comfortable going into next season with Vorm as the starter.

No issue with the move, gives us another year to find/groom a backup

Lets him leave on a free probably to his choice of destinations for his swansong ..

Someone told me our win ratio with Lloris is in the 60%s, while our win ratio with Vorm is in the 20%s. Is that true?

I'd seriously consider using Whiteman for the next 3 or 4 games.

That £6m clause we didn't activate on Pau Lopez has cost us a lot of loss points and a few cup exits

Someone told me our win ratio with Lloris is in the 60%s, while our win ratio with Vorm is in the 20%s. Is that true?

I'd seriously consider using Whiteman for the next 3 or 4 games.

That £6m clause we didn't activate on Pau Lopez has cost us a lot of loss points and a few cup exits

If it is you’d need a lot more data to get the correct context.

Also, 60% is still poor.

If the opposition have the ball in position to get an attempt away the team has already fudged up, the keeper is the last line of defence but we shouldn’t forget about the first three.

If it is you’d need a lot more data to get the correct context.

Also, 60% is still poor.

If the opposition have the ball in position to get an attempt away the team has already fudged up, the keeper is the last line of defence but we shouldn’t forget about the first three.
No it's not. 60% win in the league would mean 69 points, and spilt the other 15 games in 8 draws and 7 losses still gives 77 points. How many seasons have we collected more than that?
Very few teams manage to get above a 55% win rate consistently.

Back